• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/21 GDT: Flames 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

I'm still not seeing how that's any different from how it would be here if the Wings lost a game that way. :P

Here's the difference between the Detroit and Calgary board - when Detroit fans complain about the officiating, more times than not they're actually right. 2009 and 2010 playoffs are excellent examples. Calgary fans are just looking for any excuse instead of accepting they have a sub-par team.

Raffi is has been an assist king since his return

I know, which is pretty funny because I think he actually had an off night. Coughed up the puck behind the net that led to a goal, tripped over the faceoff circle or something that led to another goal. Couldn't hold the puck in the zone towards the end of the game.

Alls well that ends well I guess! :D

Calgary took a lot of stupid penalties. And what Iginla did towards the end of the game with the lead was not very "Captain" like. The key is not to put yourself into a situation that could lead to a penalty. The Red Wings owned the 3rd period and put on the pressure. Great win, now let's start playing full 60 minute games.

Gee, I can only hope the Hawks become half as good as the Wings someday. I bow before you.

*edited by mod for asshattery - thought I'd return the favor!*

Aww I liked his original one better. It's good to see that special ed kids are being introduced to computers these days.

The Flames board is fairly entertaining...can't imagine what it would be like if they let the posters swear..

Yeah I just read the last ten pages of their GDT, and 90% of it is flat out Ref bashing, and seething hatred for the Red Wings.

It makes me feel warm inside.

Quotes like these:

"My hatred for detroit worsens. I really REALLY bloody hate that team. "

"This is beyond ridiculous. The NHL should seriously just issue a notice that any visiting teams in Detroit must play one man short at all times. "

"Got 1 point against the cheapest team in the league."

When people s*** talk it doesn't make me mad. It's the funniest part of any post game experience :)

Edited by truebladearmy

Yeah I just read the last ten pages of their GDT, and 90% of it is flat out Ref bashing, and seething hatred for the Red Wings.

It makes me feel warm inside.

your post made me laugh. :P

Wings earned that game, despite allowing pretty much every PP chance to elude them. That must burn a bit, if you're a Calgary fan, eh?

Guest Crymson

Even though Franzen is struggling, he is still on pace for 40 goals.

Only 2 defencemen have over a point per game.

Byfuglien is one of them, but many Hawks fans still insist that losing him and the other half of their team has had no effect.

Edited by Crymson

A flames fan said: "Let them go you effing zebras. Holy christ, hide behind your zebras Red Wings, pansies."

I laughed a lot.

Kinda did seem the game was a little poorly refereed in our favor though. I'm glad we got the win, but damn total penalties was like 10-5 at the end of the game.

If it had gone in reverse, I'd be about as mad as some of the guys on the Flames boards.

Byfuglien is one of them, but many Hawks fans still insist that losing him and the other half of their team has had no effect.

That is why I love the Wings, grow people through the system and pick up cheap older players. I was laughing when I saw Niemi and Byfuglien go. Pretty much the same with Montreal trading away Halak.

Edited by ShadowDRW

LOL... Yahoo's image of the game is of Holmstrom tenderly touching Franzen's face.

I know that's not the case, but it looks cute.

1290388300.jpg

"Your goal scoring.....it makes my heart race."

He just laughed his way to another overtime winner today.

Why?

I'm sure they sound like whiny ass ******* after a loss like that, just like we do here when it happens to the Wings.

their hatred for detroit and claimed referee bias makes it well worth it most of the time. the hyperbole and homerism there is often well worth the trip.

Rafalski (1.25) and Lidstrom (1.11).

Liles is @ 1.00 and Buff is @ 0.90

From the Flames board...at least a hockey fan decided to run the numbers (I didn't verify the numbers, but anything that goes in Detroit favor has to be correct :unsure: :

Originally Posted by BACKCHECK!!!

Just to add fuel to the fire...

For the 2010/2011 Season

Detroit seems to be just like any other team when on the road.

Minor Penalties when Detroit is the road team

Home: 30

Detroit: 30

Away teams seem to take a few penalties more than the home team in the Joe.

When in Detroit

Away: 49

Detroit: 42

When the game goes to OT, or when the Wings are trailing by a goal in the 3rd period

Non-Wings: 12

Wings: 5

Total games in which the Wings take more penalties than the other team: 5 out of 18

Home games in which the Wings have taken more penalties than the other team: 3 out of 12

Just puttin' the numbers out there. Not saying they mean much.

Edited by 26point2