• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/21 GDT: Flames 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Yeah i'm with you in this, go with Joey for a game here, he's been a nice backup just sitting there not getting any action, he might get a shutout because he's definitely got something to prove, unlike some other goalies...

Yeah i'm with you in this, go with Joey for a game here, he's been a nice backup just sitting there not getting any action, he might get a shutout because he's definitely got something to prove, unlike some other goalies...

I hear Joey Mac is pretty good at charting faceoffs though.

Well, Macdonald has nothing to prove. He's never going to be a Detroit full-time goalie. If Osgood retires, and McCollum isn't ready yet (he isn't), we'll be bringing in some experienced back up goalie.

But, I actually agree that with the teams we're playing next, we should be able to give Howie a rest. At least against Columbus. I think Atlanta is a lot better than most people are giving them credit for.

But even if Howie does play the next game, it's not that HE is playing bad specifically. The whole team has played like s*** until the last 10 or 5 minutes of the last two games. Howie is great, but he's not the goalie god. He still needs his defense to bail him out sometimes.

Guest mindfly

Well, Macdonald has nothing to prove. He's never going to be a Detroit full-time goalie. If Osgood retires, and McCollum isn't ready yet (he isn't), we'll be bringing in some experienced back up goalie.

But, I actually agree that with the teams we're playing next, we should be able to give Howie a rest. At least against Columbus. I think Atlanta is a lot better than most people are giving them credit for.

But even if Howie does play the next game, it's not that HE is playing bad specifically. The whole team has played like s*** until the last 10 or 5 minutes of the last two games. Howie is great, but he's not the goalie god. He still needs his defense to bail him out sometimes.

Columbus? they're about the hottest team in the league, swept the westcoast roadtrip, shutout the sharks, gave L.A their first loss at home etc, do not underestimate columbus