• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#521 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

I called it. Again. 3rd time this season. I'm sure it's just coincidence but I think it's really weird!! The game vs Ducks were Datsyuk scored with 12 second left I said when were was 34 seconds left, "Wouldn't it be cool if we scored with like 12 seconds left to win the game and give the Ducks no hope of tying it up?" Then vs the Wild I said with 3 mins to go "Watch us lose the lead with like 1:30 left and then lose the game in OT". Then tonight I said, "Watch us score on this final power play and win it in over time."

Obviously I can't tell the future, but I just thought it was a really weird coincidence and thought I'd share with y'all. :P

So tell me Nostradamus... Whos going to win the cup this year? :hehe:
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#522 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Babs, don't ever split the twins up again. K?

Posted Image

#523 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

This team is going to be the death of me. I swear to god.

Posted Image

#524 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

whats the link to the flames board? i wanna read lol

#525 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

And twice in two games you've given up on the Wings in the second period. I seriously hope that if you ever get the chance to see them in person that you don't head for the door the moment they go down a goal or two...

He def is a bandwagoner

I think they have a gripe on the Bowemeester call. But oh well.

esteef

Didn't catch it all, what happened?

Nobody pulls victory out of the jaws of defeat like the Wings.

They saved Abby's life. Whiny fights dirty.

Pfffft. I'll take Lids over that ass any day.

+1

you mad bro?

You seriously are his #1 fan it seems

I LOVE reading the Flames butthurt over this one.

Can't believe how many blocked shots they had...

I was glad to see him willing to drop the lid and go with Iggy. Definitely a good move for the team. I dont know why Iggy tried to fight then. If it was for the hit, there was plenty of time before the last minute.

He should of just let it go... Lost his temper which has been down fall

I was surprised to see Iginla with a game star, after slapping that puck down-ice like a pissy little midget player. Bad form.

Yeah, not good conduct. But in all honesty, I would be upset too if I got burned bad like this.

Seriously!
Can you imagine how many people are kicking themselves right now for wanting to beat the traffic? Moral of the story: NEVER leave the game early.

Agreed again +1

LOL

+1
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#526 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by ChicagoMan public/style_images/lgw/user_popup.png. View it anyway?

well... that was easy

#527 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE OFFICIATING WINGS BIAS...WHOWA. THE WINGS GET BAILED OUT BY REFS AND LUCK AGAIN. IM SORRY BUT DETROIT IS NOT GOOD GET THAT THRU UR STUPID POOR SKULLS IN THE MOTOR CITY. YOU GUYS WILL BE TOO OLD AND TIRED BY JANUARY. HAVE FUN IN THE CELLAR

Shift happens.

2cwlto0.jpg

#528 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

What exact penalty are the flames fans whining about?

Oh wow, had to quote this...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#529 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

I don't know if you guys are kidding or not, and I know others may think it's hyperbole, but I'm the same way with Nick. Every once in a while I'll see someone make a play and,without seeing who it is, start to say "what the hell" or something, but on the times when I realize it's Nick, I don't even have a shred of concern.

I was being 100% serious.

#530 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Smells of 07-08.

I would love a repeat of that season, complete with a beat down of Crosby and the Penguins.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#531 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

I was glad to see him willing to drop the lid and go with Iggy. Definitely a good move for the team. I dont know why Iggy tried to fight then. If it was for the hit, there was plenty of time before the last minute.

Abs kept his bucket on, didn't he?

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#532 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 856 posts

Seriously!
Can you imagine how many people are kicking themselves right now for wanting to beat the traffic? Moral of the story: NEVER leave the game early.

I never understood this. You pay for a ticket, why not get your money's worth? Get there on time, leave when the game's over. Even if the Wings are getting killed, you might see a fight or two :boxing:

#533 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,375 posts

Why?

I'm sure they sound like whiny ass ******* after a loss like that, just like we do here when it happens to the Wings.

Every....and I'm serious....EVERY post is blaming the officials for the loss and the reason why Detroit is so good.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#534 A.T.Hun

A.T.Hun

You wouldn't like Wayne when he's angry . . .

• Gold Booster
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Actually, the way the Wings had played on the powerplay most of the game, the best thing that could have happened to Calgary was going on the kill. They had, what, three PP opportunities without a shot?!? Iginla lost his composure again. You can't have your best player off the ice at the most important time of the game because he decided to pick a fight with a fourth liner. The man is talented but he is also a major hothead. Kipper deserved a better fate than this tonight.

#535 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Gee, I can only hope the Hawks become half as good as the Wings someday. I bow before you.

*edited by mod for asshattery - thought I'd return the favor!*

lol at a Hawks fan saying Detroit is not that good... that's funny coming from a more-than-likely Hawks fan

#536 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Hey ChicagoMan.......you're an embarrassment to us Chicagoans. Stop it. Thanks.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#537 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

I would love a repeat of that season, complete with a beat down of Crosby and the Penguins.

I'd rather the Penguins draw Montreal again in the first round and have Price upset the "best team in duh NHL" instead of Halak.

Posted Image

#538 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

lol at a Hawks fan saying Detroit is not that good... that's funny coming from a more-than-likely Hawks fan

He didn't write that - I did. Sorry - I thought the edit comment underneath would give it away, but I guess it wasn't clear.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#539 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

So tell me Nostradamus... Whos going to win the cup this year? :hehe:

I think you already know my answer. I've had that feeling since the pre-season! I have another prediction going but it'll take some time before I know the outcome. I'd tell you but it's lofty and I don't want to jinx it.

Also, in '08 vs the Preds game 6 I said "Nick score short handed!" That was the short handed goal he scored from center ice. The next series vs the Avs when the Wings were in the defensive zone I said "Franzen score short handed." He did. Obviously I like SH goals. :P
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#540 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,375 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

What exact penalty are the flames fans whining about?

All of them, especially the last one.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman