Dan O'Halloran? Aw, crap!
Bettman's a stoop *click* Stoop. Stoop *click click*

#42 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

I think Hudler is an NHL capable player. It's when we got guys making considerably less money than him, but producing more offensively that I get a problem. You pay guys a certain amount, under the expectation that they will be worth their paycheck. Hudler has been far below his pay grade for the entire season.

If he was a fourth liner who we picked up for half a million, I'd say "Give him time", and "Lets see".

I don't think Hudler is worthless. I think on many teams he would be a second line player, and I fully believe on the right team, under the right system, with the right line-mates, Hudler can be a 60-70 point guy. He isn't doing that in Detroit at all, however.

There is a point at which you need to stop looking at potential, and start looking at production. Hudler, IMO, is past the point of seeing him for potential. He needs to start putting up points fast, and playing in more key situations, otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see Hudler on the trading block before long.

Hell a place like Edmonton, he could be a 30 goal scorer I bet.

I like Huds. I just feel "At this time", that it might be in both our interests and his interests, to consider other options. Or at least, start considering them.

What happens if we trade Huds for prospects and one forward goes down to injury?

Fortunately Kenny is not as short sighted as you are.
Do or do not. There is no try

#43 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

Even if we somehow manage to lose tonight, i'm confident we'll get at least one pint out of this game with Jimmay in net.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#44 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

What happens if we trade Huds for prospects and one forward goes down to injury?

Miller and Eaves both play, it's that simple.

#45 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

So the top 2 lines tonight are

Filppula Datsyuk Holmstrom
Franzen Z Hudler

Sounds good to me. Hopefully we can get everyone going. If the Modano line ever slows down I think that putting reuniting Clears with Flip and Pav would be a good move.

If they said those are the lines for tonight during the pregame, I so called this in last games thread. But I would expect Z and D to get double shifted.

#46 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

I really need a Wings win tonite...it'll keep my weekend from being complete crap.

#47 Uniblab

Uniblab

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

Hahahaa, nice walk-on, Cheli! :)

#48 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

In know this has been answered before, but what does SHMB mean? I see it everywhere. Is it for the cameramen or something?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#49 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

Zetterberg and Datsyuk split... :(
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#50 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

Stupid penalty on Glencross =]
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#51 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

It is amazing that we can mix and match like we do. It's a luxury that we can afford to move things around to get guys going. It's nice to be winning games while you experiment with line changes. It sucks when you're forced to shuffle lines just to win, but it's pretty cool when you're just shuffling lines so you can win "Better".

#52 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

I hope this isn't one of those games where Lidstrom can't hit the net. But I suspect he'll get going again this game and have a great night!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#53 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Any link for online stream or radio stream? It says 97.1 on the Wings website. But the Lions post game excuses show is on.

#54 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Tic-Tow-Passing. Sexy goal!!!!!!!!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#55 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

nice !

#56 Uniblab

Uniblab

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Mule!!!!! :siren:

#57 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Babcock strikes again. Now if Hudler scores, we're set :)

#58 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Man... this thread is depressingly slow.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#59 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

I smell another Mule goal streak coming these next few games.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

Wow... Big Rig got away with a hockey and interference, niceee
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank