• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Flames Fans Blame Refs

Rate this topic

I don't understand why they blame the officiating for that loss ? Wings basically handed them 2 goals because of Raf's mistakes, if he doesn't make them the Wings win anyways. Its just too easy to point to the officiating for the loss, I mean the Leafs do it all the time, or blame Ron Wilson for the teams lack of effort.. its a joke. They had equal PP opportunitues (I think ?) and they had 4 minutes to go ahead with another goal in the 3rd. I posted it already in some other post, Wings take less penalties than anyone in the league right now, but are also granted the least amount of penalties out of any team.. so how is it Wings are loved by the Refs ?

Because that's what die-hard fans do, in any team for any sport. You're always going to have people that seek out a scapegoat.

I can guarantee you if this happened to the Wings, a lot of nuts fans with homer goggles on would be doing the same thing, whether the calls were fair or not or whether the fans were smart or not.

Just understand that not all Flames fans would be like this, the same with all of Red Wings fans.

It seems to me when there's a terrible penalty against us we magnify it greatly, meanwhile Calgary fans don't even bother looking at the actual penalties, they just throw their arms up and claim we get all the calls. I remember our last game with them that's all they bitched about was us getting all the calls after we won, when all you have to do is look up the box score and see that they had 6 to our 5 powerplays and couldn't even get a goal in those 6 opportunities.

Pretty much.

Why do the Wings get more penalty calls in their favor at the Joe?

Simple.... we have the puck all the time. The last two times we have played Calgary, there are times in the game that they looked like dogs chasing cars in a parking lot.

Play some puck possession Flames and not that s*** Sutter style and you may draw a few penalties.

One of the announcers on TSN said it best when Calgary was ousted from the playoffs a couple of years ago when he said "If they put the nets in the corners, the Flames would win the Stanley Cup every year".

Why do the Wings get more penalty calls in their favor at the Joe?

Simple.... we have the puck all the time. The last two times we have played Calgary, there are times in the game that they looked like dogs chasing cars in a parking lot.

Play some puck possession Flames and not that s*** Sutter style and you may draw a few penalties.

One of the announcers on TSN said it best when Calgary was ousted from the playoffs a couple of years ago when he said "If they put the nets in the corners, the Flames would win the Stanley Cup every year".

This.

The radio broadcast of the game on the FAN 960 in Calgary said that Iginla could have received a d-o-g penalty, when he flipped the puck down the ice late in the third, and was lucky that he didn't. Truth in broadcasting.

He didn't flip it, he rifled it. I was surprised he got away with it.

...oh and heres another reason, you have 6 seconds left and you LET Datsyuk skate right between you and fellow Flame? Trip the guy, grab the guy, punch the guy, tackle the guy, do what you have to do to stop him from gaining the zone. WHats the ref gonna do call another penalty on your team? Even if he does whoopee fricking doo, there's 6 seconds left and you have a one goal lead!!!!! How about instead of blaming other people for your shortcomings, THINK for once!!!

I realize it IS Pavel Datsyuk and he is hard to handle, but instead of #18 trying to swipe at the puck, TRIP THE GUY!! There are such things as GOOD penalties!!!

EXACTLY! I've often said to people that in the last few seconds when you're up by a goal, don't take any chances. Guy screening in front? Trip him. Bearhug him, whatever. Amazing puckhandler skating in at you? Break his stick. Trip him. Something.