• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

number9

Other Teams, Love em? or Hate em?

Rate this topic

My feelings to date on other teams in the league (In order from most loved, to most despised)

Teams i have good feeling towards...

1. Boston Bruins - had to pick an American original six team as my second favorite, great hockey tradition in Boston and always a great team to watch play.
  2. Montreal Canadiens - original six, and the most dominate team in NHL history. I love the tradition in Montreal and love watching players like Cammalleri and especially Subban play.
  3. Washington Capitals - perhaps the most entertaining team to watch besides the wings. Plus they hate Crosby as much as we do.
  4. Tampa Bay Lightning - gotta give it up for Stevie Y and his new team. Love how well their doing this year, especially Stamkos. He's clearly the closest thing to a next Great One, sorry Cindy.
  5. Vancouver Canucks - love their Swedish born stars, and I miss Samuelsson.
  6. New Jersey Devils - though I remember clashing with the Devils quite a bit in the 90's, I do have a lot of respect for their franchise. Their unique style of play, history, and solid fan base make them an old but respected rival.
  7. New York Islanders - though their clearly not as good as they once were, I for some reason love the Islanders. I still remember their dynasty, and I recall Yzerman picking 19 because of an NYI player. I love the F*** U style of play of the Wiz (a Michigan native) and I can't wait to see their young team come into their own.
  8. Toronto Maple Leafs - original six and great hockey tradition.
  9. New York Rangers - original six and generally respected team.
  10. Edmonton Oilers - great hockey tradition and dynamic young players. I also hear their party animals off the ice. Only downside is I think they may or may not have the worst colors/jerseys.
  11. Dallas Stars - probably the most successful southern franchise. Just can't believe they got rid of franchise players like Modano and Turco. Though I'm glad to have Mo at home in Detroit.
  12. Los Angeles Kings - love how their playing this year. Whats not to love about Hollywood?
  13. Calgary Flames - always a decent team and maybe a bit of a wild card this season?
  14. Carolina Hurricanes - mostly just miss Hartford, though I loved their win in 05-06. Plus Skinner is a beast.
  15. Atlanta Thrashers - mostly just want to see all the ex-hawks make Chicago regret the poor management that landed them in Atlanta.
  16. Ottawa Senators - a lot of talent on that team, just not sure if they'll ever do anything with it.
  17. Minnesota Wild - a lot of good hockey players come out of Minnesota and hopefully their franchise can capitalize on that in the coming years.
  18. St. Louis Blues - only division rival I can say I have respect for. Love that they grabbed Halak.

Teams that suck...(from least sucky to most sucky)

1. Nashville Predators - good team, just can't say I care at all
  2. San Jose Sharks - great team with a lot of talent, but I'm getting sick of playing them in the play-offs. I look forward to them choking again.
  3. Buffalo Sabres - like Miller, but that's about it. I don't understand why Buffalo has any sports teams.
  4. Florida Panthers - I almost forgot the great state of Florida had another franchise.
  5. Phoenix Coyotes - though I think Shane Doan is one of the most underrated players in the NHL, I'm getting sick of waiting for their franchise to fold.
  6. Anaheim Ducks - used to love the Mighty Ducks as a kid, but the regular Ducks suck. Bobby Ryan has a lisp and their top defensemen is 18. Still have bad feeling about losing to them in 03 and 07.
  7. Columbus Blue Jackets - apparently they think there is a big rivalry between us and them? the truth is they should be playing CHL teams, we have real rivals to worry about.
  8. Philadelphia Flyers - though I'm just starting to like the flyers a little, I'll never forget Lindros and the old rivalry of the 90's. Plus I hate Chrissy Pronger and the mega ****** he is.
  9. Chicago Blackhawks - though I generally like their team and their young core, I hate Chicago fans. Hawks fans are probably the most ignorant people I've ever heard talk about hockey. It's sad they've ruined their original six name.
  10. Colorado Avalanche - like the hawks I love their young core and can't wait to see how they progress into the future, but frankly I will never forget 96, 97, and 98.
  11. Pittsburgh Penguins - used to love Lemieux, too bad big baby Crosby ruined their franchise.

Comments?

Edited by number9

The only other team I actually like is Tampa Bay. I dont mind the Rangers, and I am one of the few Avery supporters left. I have a little sympathy thing going for the Panthers and Isles, I like to see them win, but it doesnt matter much to me. Other than that, screw em all!

Edited by cjm502

Only teams I really dislike are Anaheim, Pittsburgh, and Calgary.

I'm all for physical play but Anaheim just goes too far at times with gooning it up.

Pittsburgh for obvious reasons.

Calgary to a lesser degree than Anaheim.

Besides that I don't have beef with any teams. Don't really share with the Chicago disliking, though I don't live up north close to it so that probably plays a factor. Don't really get into the hockey shouldn't be in the South b.s. stuff so I don't mind most the Southern teams. Rivalry with the Avalanche is all but dead so don't really have thoughts towards them one way or another.

Boston (I was born there) and Los Angeles (lived there for the last 12 years) are the only other teams I like to see winning.

Everyone else is getting mild disdain, with the exception being Colorado, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim getting all out hatred. It's crazy, the rivalry with Colorado has been essentially dead for the better part of the last decade, yet just last week I heckled a guy for wearing Patrick Roy jersey in the grocery store. I literally reverted back to my 11 year old Wings fan self at the sight of an Avalanche jersey.

Apparently I've got some growing up to do.

I'm all for physical play but Anaheim just goes too far at times with gooning it up.

Besides that I don't have beef with any teams. Don't really share with the Chicago disliking, though I don't live up north close to it so that probably plays a factor. Don't really get into the hockey shouldn't be in the South b.s. stuff so I don't mind most the Southern teams. Rivalry with the Avalanche is all but dead so don't really have thoughts towards them one way or another.

Honestly, I don't really either. They didn't go through us last year, so it's not like they got the better of us. Plus, I still have a man crush on Hossa - so.. you know.

To be perfectly honest, I'm much more of a Red Wings fan than a hockey fan. The only sports channels I even get are ESPN and FSN, so I never see games that the Wings aren't playing in any respect for other teams is based on what random games I do see, random players that I respect, or my admiration of their jerseys. Since I'm an art nerd.

I'd say most teams I have no feelings whatsoever about, except for these teams:

Tampa Bay. Like many others, I don't know why, but I've always kind of liked them. Now that Yzerman is running the show I like to check up on how they're doing from time to time.

Anaheim - Games are always exciting. Team is always douchey.

Colorado - Hate the name, but the teams are so different now and the games usually lacking in intensity, I don't have many feelings toward them. But for the rivalry's sake I list them.

Pittsburgh - I hate them. With a passion.

Chicago - Like others, I hate the fans more than the team.

I honor the Original 6 rivalries, but honestly we play them so infrequently I can't hate them.

My second favorite team is the canes as I live in Raleigh.

I honor all original six franchises.

Most teams I'm neutral on.

The only teams i really hate are

Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Colorado, Nashville.

A few teams like NJ or Dallas I kinda dislike, but don't hate like the above 4

To be perfectly honest, I'm much more of a Red Wings fan than a hockey fan.

Me, too. I pay attention to other teams and players' news, but I don't actively search it out as thoroughly anymore. The Wings are my focus. I find all the other stuff in the league interesting, but really, only the Wings matter to me. If the Wings had a 15 point lead at the end of the regular season, swept their way to the finals every time, and won the Cup 15 years in a row, I would never be bored. I'm a homer. I don't care.

Like em

Original 6: Yes, this includes the Burke Leafs and Chicago. Probably my least favorite are the Rangers, and that's just a hangover from them buying and wasting top tier talent in the 90's.

Tampa Bay: Yzerman, Stamkos, Vinny, winning a cup for Dave Andreychuk... although they lose some points for how he went out.

San Jose: I moved to the Bay Area almost 12 years ago. I can't help it.

LA: Love their young talent. It's strange, though, as I absolutely hated them in the Lucky Luc/Rob Blake days... and not just because of 2001

Nashville: Serious respect for doing so much with so little.

Colorado: This might be blasphemy, but I root for these guys now. The rivalry is dead, and we won. I feel it my duty to root for a fallen foe to get up off the ground and dust themselves off for another go at things.

Washington: This has less to do with the team than the players, however. Just plain exciting to watch.

Hate em

Pittsburgh: Unlike many, I have always hated them, even when they were horrid. I will admit to liking Malkin, however.

Anaheim, Calgary: Same reasons as everyone else.

Philly: No idea why, I've just always hated this team, despite liking several of their players.

Vancouver: The only time I rooted for this team was in 94, and even then I was only rooting for Linden and Bure (and against Mess).

St. Louis: Probably a remnant of our late 90's playoff series against them. And Pronger.

Dallas: I can count the things I like from Texas on one hand. The Stars are not one of them.

Feel Sorry for em

Phoenix/Winnipeg: I loved the Jets, and I loved Tkachuk's early ferocity. Now they're just pathetic.

NY Islanders: Storied franchise. Were I an Isles fan, I would want to hunt down and kill every member of their front office from the past 15+ years. It's only a matter of time before Snow trades Tavares for Jack Johnson and a nudie mag, then signs his bottle of lotion to a 15 year contract.

Florida: Aside from the Beezer's run in 96, what has this franchise ever had to get excited about?

Love:

Red Wings

Like:

Tampa Bay -always liked them, but have to admit I'm on the Stevie Y bandwagon. Stamkos is a monster.

Canadiens - Extremely fun team to watch, crowd is electric.

Oilers - Believe they are due for a breakout in the next few seasons. They have by far my most favorite jersey outside the Red Wings.

Philly - Exciting team to watch providing its not against the Wings. I like their physicality. Third most favorite jersey.

Blackhawks - Close to home rivalry.

Minnesota Wild - I just think Minnesota is deserving of having a good hockey team.

Dislike/Hate

s***sburgh - Need I say more?

Anaheim - I secretly look forward to us playing them because I know it will be one hell of a game.

I'm a Detroit Redwing for life!!

one other team i dont have a problem watching and cheering for is toronto, other than when and if they play the redwings. plus i have always have been a fan of jiggy, he is one of my favorites in the nhl.

two teams though i can't stand: 1. nashville (everything about the team, the fans, tootoo) 2. chicago (the team, the fans, toews-hate the guy)

Edited by hokeychik22

Forgot to include this in my blurb last night. I've been to a game in Nashville before, about an 8-9 hour drive where I'm from. Plenty of people get down on Nashville here for whatever reasons and I'm not going to try to change those thoughts in a forceful or extreme way. Sure the Tootoo Train whistles concept is a bit silly and a lot of it comes for me disliking Tootoo plenty, but it's part of the fan experience there he is a fan favorite there no matter whether we like him or not/think he is a dirty player. I'm fighting a losing battle if I try to tell them he's a dolt. If they like him, cool. As long as the fan experience doesn't hurt anybody it doesn't bother me one bit. The one time I went to Nashville was in 2009 when we got lit up 8-0, but I had absolutely no problems or issues with the fans there, wasn't really looking to go out of my way for reasons to get upset at them. Good people there.

2. chicago (the team, the fans, toews-hate the guy)

I seriously can't understand how any Wings fan actually hates Toews. I can understand hating Kane, but Toews to me is like a little Yzerman. He'll be a real leader one day.

Aside from that, other than the Wings, I don't MIND watching

Chicago, Vancouver, Montreal, Boston and Ottawa (well, a few years ago).

The teams I hate?

Edmonton, Calgary, Pittsburgh and Toronto.

The reason I hate Toronto, and anyone who lives in the Windsor/Essex area knows this, growing up, you were either a Wings fan, or a Leaf fan. There was very little in the way of other options, and it was crazy how harsh it would get. Because of that, I can only root for the Leafs to end up in the cellar until the Cubs win the World Series, and hell freezes over.

1. Columbus Blue Jackets - apparently they think there is a big rivalry between us and them? the truth is they should be playing CHL teams, we have real rivals to worry about.

I don't think they're a rival to the Red Wings or anything even close, but you know that they're one of only three teams in the West with 13 wins right now, right? They're actually playing really good hockey at the moment. Much better than "CHL" level. Get up to date and don't just let their past failure dictate what you think of them.

I'm also much more of a Red Wings fan than of hockey in general. However, I keep tabs with other teams in the news, and now that I get the NHL network I'll catch a non-wings game once in a while if it looks like it'll be a good one. I just don't have the time or energy to pay attention to the entire league, so I focus on the home team.

Last year was the first time in a while I watched the Stanley Cup Finals w/o the Red Wings being in it. I didn't how I felt about. I wanted to watch a total Chicago meltdown, yet I would have probably puked if I saw Pronger raise the cup.

Love:

Red Wings

Like:

Lightning - I have a lot of family in the Tampa Bay area, and they were so excited when they got their hockey team they shipped my brother and I a ton of Tampa Bay stuff their first season, and took us to a couple of games down there.

Canadiens and Maple Leafs - Their fan bases seem as loyal and dedicated as ours, and I think they are tied for 2nd best jerseys in the league (Wings are #1 of course)

Hate:

Anaheim, because of their general douchebagery.

Chicago, because they won the cup and the current rival. And, their fans are fools (chanting "Detroit sucks" when they're not even playing the Wings, etc).

Pittsburg - the obvious reasons

Can't really hate on Colorado anymore, that rivalries been dead a long time. However, I still enjoy seeing a win against them a little more than against other teams.

I like the Lightning now, for obvious reasons. I like the Caps for Ovechkin. Course, that will change if there's ever a rematch of '98.

I used to like the Pens back when they had Lemieux, Francis, Recchi, Coffey, Bowman, etc. But this current team is a disgrace. Of course, playing against the Wings two years in a row helped push them further towards the "Hate" category. I'll probably like them again once this group of Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal retire, but that's not going to be for a LONG time unfortunately.

Hate the Ducks, Blackhawks, Avs, Flames and anyone else that plays the Wings in the playoffs.

There are a few teams that I "hate", but I want to clarify that I believe it to be a "good hatred". Hearkening back to the Wings-Aves rivalry of my youth, I find that having enemies and rivalries in the league simply makes the game more exciting and fun to be a part of.

Living in Chicago, and having to face Hawks "fans" daily, I can definitely say they have climbed to the top of the list of my most hated teams.

After them, the Pens, the Ducks, Sharks, and most recently the Flames for their incessant whining about not being as good as the team that beats them.

Again, I love NHL rivalries, so LONG LIVE THE HATE!

Guest Hatethedrake!

I hate the Hawks, Blues, Avs, Preds, Leafs, Pens, Stars, Flames, Kings, Sharks, Ducks, Canucks. The other teams I can tolerate.

Love the Red Wings

I like the: Panthers, Canes, Thrashers, Tampa, and Islanders and kinda like washington

I hate every else.

Special hatred towards the flightless birds and the chicago black hawks.

Edited by MrWings787

Love the Wings & Oilers.

Respect the Leafs, Habs and Kings(Ryan Smyth & Oscar Moller)

Hate the Canucks, Flames(Will be harder next year with Ryan Howse in their system), Ducks, Sharks, Penguins and Blackhawks.

Don't really care about the rest of the teams.