• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

Patrick O'Sullivan on waivers

Rate this topic

O'sullivan on waivers today, could be traded according to numerous sources.

This really surprises me, I mean O'sullivan is the only player in the NHL born in North Carolina (winston salem to be exact). I figured they (canes) would keep him around just for that.

He was a 20-20 guy just two seasons ago. Man did his career nose dive in a hurry

I mean O'sullivan is the only player in the NHL born in North Carolina (winston salem to be exact). I figured they (canes) would keep him around just for that.

Not to nitpick the OP... but why in the hell would any GM keep a player just because they are from NC?

Not to nitpick the OP... but why in the hell would any GM keep a player just because they are from NC?

The same reason the ducks drafted that kid who grew up playing in southern California at the draft this year.

Hometown boys sell tickets, and O'sullivan is the only NC hometown boy in the nhl, quite possibly for quite a while.

If you lived in North Carolina this would make more sense to you. Youth Hockey programs in NC are developing but still very raw. A player born and trained in North Carolina, playing for the hometown team gives youth organizations something to point too.

Edited by theman19

Hometowns are very important, thats why Modano and Rafalski came to Detroit. That being said, if the guy aint good enough it dont really matter.

The same reason the ducks drafted that kid who grew up playing in southern California at the draft this year.

Hometown boys sell tickets, and O'sullivan is the only NC hometown boy in the nhl, quite possibly for quite a while.

If you lived in North Carolina this would make more sense to you. Youth Hockey programs in NC are developing but still very raw. A player born and trained in North Carolina, playing for the hometown team gives youth organizations something to point too.

So you are implying that people were showing up to games just to watch a NC born player that couldn't crack the lineup play? Weird.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Stolberg

yeah the ducks drafted etem because he's from california

not because he was ranked 8th among NA forwards at the draft

Hometowns are very important, thats why Modano and Rafalski came to Detroit. That being said, if the guy aint good enough it dont really matter.

I know they can be important... but like you said, only if the player in question doesn't suck.

I know they can be important... but like you said, only if the player in question doesn't suck.

When he was brought here he wasn't quite at the point of suck. But you're not really intrested in listening to anything I have to say on the subject even though i'm willing to bet you've never even seen the RBC center, let alone know the first thing about the fans of the team in question,.......

Look dude, when I tell you canes fans were excited to see him play because he was a born in nc, it's true, it's not like I made it for my health. Also, he didn't "suck" the canes just didn't give him a chance (as evident by the fact he scored for the wild tonite) Jeff SKinner stole his job basically.

yeah the ducks drafted etem because he's from california

not because he was ranked 8th among NA forwards at the draft

Must people nitpick every freaking thing someone says? I could go back and pull up the interview from the draft and show the ducks gm talking about they where proud to draft a local boy, but honestly i'm not justifying that post with that much effort. Obviously that wasn't the whole story, but it was at least a small part of it. Just a basic example, at least try to be subjective and ad something to the discussion without being a sarcastic know it all.

Edited by theman19

i dont think he was in north carolina very long. i went to school with him in sterling hgts from 4th grade through 8th. and yea he did have abuse issues. Ive met his dad before.....lets just says his life was devoted making sure pat was a good hockey player. he never got to hang out with us except to play street hockey in front of his house.

i dont think he was in north carolina very long. i went to school with him in sterling hgts from 4th grade through 8th. and yea he did have abuse issues. Ive met his dad before.....lets just says his life was devoted making sure pat was a good hockey player. he never got to hang out with us except to play street hockey in front of his house.

I've heard this before, that he had some serious issues growing up. I know he wasn't trained in N.C., his father was a minor leaguer in for the Winston Salem Ice Hogs (ECHL I believe) hence why he was here in the first place. The canes always wanted him but there was a lot of talk wither he would play for them ever, given that I believe he has a restraining order against his father (who lives outside Raleigh if you believe the rumors). Still when he was interviewed after the canes picked him up (and this could have been just standard vanilla hockey talk) he seemed excited to play in Carolina.

Ultimately, I wish him the very best with whatever team he plays for. I just wish a guy who was born 20 mins from where I was born (I too made the trip to Michigan as a youth, hence why I'm a wings fan) could have made it for the home team. If he's ever able to put some of his demons to rest he'll be a star somewhere.

Edited by theman19

If a guy isn't good enough to crack the lineup, why would a team keep him just for being a hometown boy? lol

With this logic you might as well just dress ANYONE from NC who has ever played hockey. And the wings should trade for an all Michigan team. Ryan Miller anyone?

If a guy isn't good enough to crack the lineup, why would a team keep him just for being a hometown boy? lol

With this logic you might as well just dress ANYONE from NC who has ever played hockey. And the wings should trade for an all Michigan team. Ryan Miller anyone?

look, it's not he wasn't good enough to crack the line up. He's a player with a ton of potential and carolina was paying him next to nothing. They just didn't have a top six role to place him in. So instead he gets waived, goes to the wild and scores in his first game back. I guess what I was wondering, is why not keep him in the system if your carolina. They've routinely put guys like jussi jokinen and samsanov on the 4th line this season why not him? They're a classy org. they probably just wanted to give him a chance to succeed.