• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#221 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Joey finishing the game out for Howie. Just not a good night around for the Wings. Maybe they shouldn't have sat Hudler :ph34r:
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#222 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

typical pre-holiday Wings road game, I am tellin' ya. Goalie change won't help. Pass the yams, will ya? :rolleyes:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#223 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Is this a joke?

No. Are you watching the game? or the last few games for that matter? Howard has not been good.

#224 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

J-Mac is in, eh?

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#225 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Jimmy is sitting. Even if the goals weren't his fault, he needs some rest.

#226 Austrianwing

Austrianwing

On Waivers

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

After P2:
Red Wings: 1 (The Todd (PPG))
Thrashers: 4 (Thorburn, Ladd (SHG), Stewart (PPG), Little)

Haha, Stewart Little for goals three and four :P

Sorry, could not help it, just looked funny when I read it. I have to find amusement somewhere during this game :blush:

#227 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

No. Are you watching the game? or the last few games for that matter? Howard has not been good.

1st goal: behind the net pass to a clear player in front
2nd goal: shorthanded 2 on 1 with Howard having to go side to side to try and stop the puck
3rd goal: powerplay goal with another 2 on 1 with Howard not having enough time to get over
4th goal: sniper on a 2 on 1

None of those were Howard's fault. Stop being an idiot.

Posted Image

#228 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

typical pre-holiday Wings road game, I am tellin' ya. Goalie change won't help. Pass the yams, will ya? :rolleyes:

Wings will still find a way to cock that up <_< .

Wings PP
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#229 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

Honestly, why would the holidays affect them? Aren't most of them away from their families or non-American and thus Thanksgiving can't be that big of a deal? I doubt they're all excited to eat turkey.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#230 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Joey finishing the game out for Howie. Just not a good night around for the Wings. Maybe they shouldn't have sat Hudler :ph34r:

That's what I said about hudler

Wings to PP let's get one!

#231 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Thanks, Kenny, for reminding me that MacDonald shut out the Wings two years ago. I was at that game, and had all but purged that memory from my brain... :ranting:

PP coming up. If we're going to claw our way back into this, it needs to start here.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#232 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

1st goal: behind the net pass to a clear player in front
2nd goal: shorthanded 2 on 1 with Howard having to go side to side to try and stop the puck
3rd goal: powerplay goal with another 2 on 1 with Howard not having enough time to get over
4th goal: sniper on a 2 on 1

None of those were Howard's fault. Stop being an idiot.

Game should be 2-1 right now. Howard has been bad. He was bad last game too. Stop being a blind homer.

#233 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

god i wish this was rafalski's last season with the wings. the negatives he brings outweigh the positives.

Someone laced your weed.

#234 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

J Mac is making the stops that Wings need to win a game. Bad on Babcock to start Howard.

#235 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

Okay I'm done posting. This one i s pretty much finished I don't see the wings coming back from this one.

Anyway have a good thanksgivings

good luck wings

#236 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

It must be the stream. The screen is only showing less than half the view so you can hardly see anything; I imagine it must be very difficult for the Wings to play under those conditions. :ph34r:

#237 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Game should be 2-1 right now. Howard has been bad. He was bad last game too. Stop being a blind homer.

Are you kidding? All of those goals were more than legit plays. You rarely see teams give up that many great scoring chances in a game unless they're getting their asses kicked. No surprise then what's happening now.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#238 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

Honestly, why would the holidays affect them? Aren't most of them away from their families or non-American and thus Thanksgiving can't be that big of a deal? I doubt they're all excited to eat turkey.

Oh, it's not just Thanksgiving (US). The pre-holiday/holiday ennui carries over to Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve games, too. It's like they don't clock in for these games at all. Poor goalies.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#239 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Just came back into my hotel room to discover the Wings are playing like they have turkey on their minds. Not cool, but oh well, can't win them all.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#240 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

Are you kidding? All of those goals were more than legit plays. You rarely see teams give up that many great scoring chances in a game unless they're getting their asses kicked. No surprise then what's happening now.

I agree.

Howard seemed tired tonight, but those goals were complete defensive breakdowns, turnovers, and solid offensive play by Atlanta.

I agree Mac should have started. It might only be 3-1 instead :)