• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/24 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Thrashers 5

Rate this topic

Well I remember them having the same problem in 2008 too. It wasn't as severe or perhaps noticeable in 2009 but lulls like they're having right now are always part of the challenge. My hope is that they find a way to show some real mental toughness because they'll need it big time.

Guest mindfly

Just didn't see any sustained energy tonight. Sloppy, sloppy defensive mistakes - Ericsson passing into Stuart's skates right in front of Howard? Brilliant. Jimmy needs a couple games off too. His last three haven't been up to par and frankly, he just needs a break.

Price has started 21 games already and he's still awesome.

Just because there are odd-man rushes and a pk for the wigns the opponents doesn't have to score, a goalie can make a good save, you know?

On some here it sounds as though whenever there is a rush by the other team be it 2on1, 3on2 etc it's an automatic goal and nothing the goalie can do about it, get real, it doesn't have to be.

Howard has been absolutely brutal, yes the wings defense has been sloppy too at times but a goalie can still make up for it by making saves.

The goaltending situation kills this team in games like these.

Just because there are odd-man rushes and a pk for the wigns the opponents doesn't have to score, a goalie can make a good save, you know?

On some here it sounds as though whenever there is a rush by the other team be it 2on1, 3on2 etc it's an automatic goal and nothing the goalie can do about it, get real, it doesn't have to be.

Howard has been absolutely brutal, yes the wings defense has been sloppy too at times but a goalie can still make up for it by making saves.

The goaltending situation kills this team in games like these.

it doesn't help when your defensemen is commiting to the player with the puck instead of covering the other player on a 2 on 1 situation which happened twice, how is the goalie supposed to anticipate the pass or shot when hes out of position because of it. Hockey 101, cover the open man.

Guest mindfly

it doesn't help when your defensemen is commiting to the player with the puck instead of covering the other player on a 2 on 1 situation which happened twice, how is the goalie supposed to anticipate the pass or shot when hes out of position because of it. Hockey 101, cover the open man.

Yeah and let the shooter snipe a shot on howard :clap:, as bad as howard is now letting players take shots from the circle if you cover the player without the puck is not very good, you gotta do 50-50, force the player with puck in a less good angle and cover the passing lane to the other player

I also wonder, Why couldn't Howard save Little's shot?

Edited by mindfly

Yeah and let the shooter snipe a shot on howard :clap:, as bad as howard is now letting players take shots from the circle if you cover the player without the puck is not very good, you gotta do 50-50, force the player with puck in a less good angle and cover the passing lane to the other player

I guess Howard is due for a Sophmore slump. I just hope it's one of those 2-3 game slumps, and not one of those 2-3 season slumps :-p

I think he'll be fine. He could have potentially made some of those saves, but we didn't exactly give him the greatest support out there tonight. They outshot us 38-33, and usually when Detroit gets out shot we've lost control of the game. Giving up two PP and a SH goal certainly didn't help our case either.

Just a bad game all around. Anyone who throws the blame on Goaltending is narrow minded. Clearly with only 1 goal our offense didn't step in tonight, and with 5 goals against and out shot, our defense took the night off too.

With four players averaging over a point per game, for none of them to get a single point tonight, leads me to look elsewhere other than just the Goal-tending.

Guest mindfly

It's just unacceptable to have a GAA the past games of 4 and above, he doesnt look confident out there, the team isn't confident in him because of that, he can't use the stick nor support the defenders when pucks get dumped in (for example on wings pp when opposing team ice the puck he can go out and pass it to the red/blue line, instead he just stands there in his stupid net and whooops 10 extra seconds because howard can't use his stick), he doesn't play the puck when he clearly can instead he covers it up and get a faceoff in the defensive zone and wings isn't so good at faceoffs these days, i wonder wtf bernard is doing at the goalie practices, howard got tons of things to improve and we've seen nothing yet

Edited by mindfly

Guest Hatethedrake!

Well the Wings sure mailed that one in. I guess they wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving early. The bad defensive coverage has been more prevalent with each game. Babs says he wants to clean it up. Lets hope so. Ever since McLellan was replaced by Macrimmon our defensive zone coverage has gotten progressively worse. Maybe it's time to bring back Dave Lewis. :rolleyes: I don't know. Maybe a good ass kicking is just what the Wings need to re-focus. Over an 82 game schedule, we're bound to have a few stinkers. Lets win the home and home against Columbus and go from there. :)

It's just unacceptable to have a GAA the past games of 4 and above, he doesnt look confident out there, the team isn't confident in him because of that, he can't use the stick nor support the defenders when pucks get dumped in (for example on wings pp when opposing team ice the puck he can go out and pass it to the red/blue line, instead he just stands there in his stupid net and whooops 10 extra seconds because howard can't use his stick), he doesn't play the puck when he clearly can instead he covers it up and get a faceoff in the defensive zone and wings isn't so good at faceoffs these days, i wonder wtf bernard is doing at the goalie practices, howard got tons of things to improve and we've seen nothing yet

Name 1 goaltender that hasn't had 4 "bad games" in a short period of time.

That's what I thought. Howard is fine. He hasn't been sharp the last few games but he has proven that he has the ability and he's still learning.

Well the Wings sure mailed that one in. I guess they wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving early. The bad defensive coverage has been more prevalent with each game. Babs says he wants to clean it up. Lets hope so. Ever since McLellan was replaced by Macrimmon our defensive zone coverage has gotten progressively worse. Maybe it's time to bring back Dave Lewis. :rolleyes: I don't know. Maybe a good ass kicking is just what the Wings need to re-focus. Over an 82 game schedule, we're bound to have a few stinkers. Lets win the home and home against Columbus and go from there. :)

How was our defenense from the Olympic break to the end of the season last year? How did we get to a record of 13-4-2 this year with a poor defensive coach?

Progressively worse? Based on what? 2-3 games?

I would rather Kronwall cover the other player completely and let Little snipe and score than have Kronwall cover the other guy, the leave him and skate and try to poke the puck away from Little. Your confusing the goalie with those kinds of moves at that speed of the game. Then Stuart lays down and its an easy pass right through the crease to a wide open player. Then Datsyuk turns over the puck by trying to make a pass he shouldn't have attempted and its basically a 2-0 with a terrible backcheck from the defensemen on Ladd. There were about 3 plays that were 2 on 1's and imo they were played terrible, and the first goal left a man wide open in front of the net (we've seen that before a couple times this season) that went the opposite way with his shot. Im not sure how you can blame Howard for much of went on yesterday, leads me to believe you hate the kid or something since your always complaining about him.

Atlanta was up for this game (Alan Ladd said so himself in his postgame remarks) and the Red Wings came out flat. This kind of loss was due after they won a few games they didn't really deserve with half-hearted efforts. I'd like to see Jimmy Howard get an occasional game off. Give the kid a rest for Pete's sake.

Atlanta was up for this game (Alan Ladd said so himself in his postgame remarks) and the Red Wings came out flat. This kind of loss was due after they won a few games they didn't really deserve with half-hearted efforts. I'd like to see Jimmy Howard get an occasional game off. Give the kid a rest for Pete's sake.

I'd have to agree with you on that.. Start Joey maybe once or twice until Ozzie comes back. I really don't want to see Howard get worn out as the season goes on

Wings are currently tied for 5th in the NHL for FO%

also, it's Jim Bedard, not Bernard.

Edited by cr00d

Because it was a corner snipe right above his shoulder?

Howard is becoming the new Osgood on these boards.

The wings play a bad game ands everyone thinks the sky is falling. I don't get some of you guys. It happens almost everytime. Good thing you guys aren't flames fans, yikes.

Bad game. Wings lost. Go out and try to win the next one.

Alan Ladd?

shane.jpg

s***, no reason we lost. We never had a chance with him playing for Atlanta. :hehe:

Edited by GMRwings1983

Want to compare Howard's second season to Price's second? I don't think you do... This is Price's third or fourth season? Besides, Howard's going through a four game slump while we're still the #1 team in the West. And most of it, isn't that he's slumping, so much as the defense is just not bothering to show up at all.

Pretty sure we're one of the best faceoff teams in the league.

Guest mindfly

I'm pretty sure we lose more faceoffs in the defensive zone than the team in the offensive zone, or is that just a feeling?

I'm pretty sure we lose more faceoffs in the defensive zone than the team in the offensive zone, or is that just a feeling?

So now we went from a team with a bad faceoff percent to a team thats bad at faceoffs in their own zone? Seriously stop nitpicking at everything the Wings do wrong. I guess its Howards fault too that the players aren't winning faceoffs in their own zone right ? I guess he should just play the puck more so that they can try to make an impossible pass and turn it over. Sometimes I don't think you even are a fan of the Wings by your comments.

Edited by darkmanx

Guest mjtm77

So now we went from a team with a bad faceoff percent to a team thats bad at faceoffs in their own zone? Seriously stop nitpicking at everything the Wings do wrong. I guess its Howards fault too that the players aren't winning faceoffs in their own zone right ? I guess he should just play the puck more so that they can try to make an impossible pass and turn it over. Sometimes I don't think you even are a fan of the Wings by your comments.

what is wrong with nitpicking at what the wings do wrong. There is nothing wrong with perfection