• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Miller deserves to play by his PK ability alone, hudler does nothing for this team and has not improved at all in 15-16 games that he played, you just gotta ice the best team every night especially on the road.

#62 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Yes, let us all rejoice as a 3 million dollar player is playing so poorly that he isn't even worth playing anymore while a fourth liner who is essentially redundant (Miller) gets to play in his stead.

I'm oh so pumped for how much better the team has become from this move. Let us rejoice.

Sarcasm usually loses something in internet forums but not this post :P

#63 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Miller deserves to play by his PK ability alone, hudler does nothing for this team and has not improved at all in 15-16 games that he played, you just gotta ice the best team every night especially on the road.

Like I said, Miller is a redundant piece. He has been absolutely nothing special. Eaves and Abdelkader have, while Helm has been trying very hard but has just had some issues with his offensive side.

Miller is just meh. Nothing special that makes me overjoyed to see him in the lineup over a player with a 3 mil cap hit.

Posted Image

#64 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Like I said, Miller is a redundant piece. He has been absolutely nothing special. Eaves and Abdelkader have, while Helm has been trying very hard but has just had some issues with his offensive side.

Miller is just meh. Nothing special that makes me overjoyed to see him in the lineup over a player with a 3 mil cap hit.

A players salary doesn't necessarily dictate his contribution to a team's success, as Hudler has proved this year.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#65 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

A players salary doesn't necessarily dictate his contribution to a team's success, as Hudler has proved this year.

I'm talking about in regards to cap hit.

Detroit has 3 million sitting in the press box. That isn't a positive thing in the slightest. That player who is worth that much isn't producing in the slightest. Once again, not a positive thing.

Posted Image

#66 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Thats true but like I said in an earlier post, its a waste to have a 3M guy riding the pine. Thats why I floated the trade idea out there.

#67 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

I'm talking about in regards to cap hit.

Detroit has 3 million sitting in the press box. That isn't a positive thing in the slightest. That player who is worth that much isn't producing in the slightest. Once again, not a positive thing.

Posted Image

#68 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Thats true but like I said in an earlier post, its a waste to have a 3M guy riding the pine. Thats why I floated the trade idea out there.

I agree with you there. What we'll get in return for him will be little, but something nonetheless.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#69 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

I agree with you there. What we'll get in return for him will be little, but something nonetheless.

The next few weeks will be very telling I think. If this lights a fire under Hudler's ass then great, if not maybe it is time to move him to where he can play everyday and we can get something for him. I hope he turns it around.

#70 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

The next few weeks will be very telling I think. If this lights a fire under Hudler's ass then great, if not maybe it is time to move him to where he can play everyday and we can get something for him. I hope he turns it around.

Detroit Free Press posted an article about how he's not happy about being scratched. Personally, I dont think he turns it around. He wasnt playimg well in the bottom 6 so we put him with Filppula and he still isn't producing. He's running out of excuses.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#71 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

What reason does Holland have to trade him right now?

The team is winning. They have played fewer games than anyone in the league and are first in the West. The return for Hudler would be nothing of significance and being right up against the cap the move would need to be lateral in salary (which Detroit will not be able to get with Hudler's current play).

Holland is a smart man, that is why Hudler is not going to be traded just yet. They have no need to do so.

Posted Image

#72 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Couldn't Cleary sit? Didn't Babs mention he might sit him a game just to be sure he's not hurt worse than they think?

#73 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Couldn't Cleary sit? Didn't Babs mention he might sit him a game just to be sure he's not hurt worse than they think?

Cleary is a good ol' canadian boy, no need to sit if it's not serious!

#74 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

The "return" isn't really the "who" we get in exchange for Piddler, but rather the CAP SPACE! We'll free up close to 3mil plus a roster space that we can use to sign a 5-6mil/yr guy at or before the trade deadline. How good would a 30 goal scorer who brings some nastiness look on the third line with Cleary and Modano for the playoffs? Hudler's cap space and roster spot could make that happen.

I could care less if we get a pop tart and glass of milk for the little traitor... he can run back to the KHL with his tail between his legs and play over there which is where he went last year anyways.

It's addition by subtraction in this case and I WANT a big time scorer on the third line to help balance out the top three lines come playoff time.
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#75 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

The "return" isn't really the "who" we get in exchange for Piddler, but rather the CAP SPACE! We'll free up close to 3mil plus a roster space that we can use to sign a 5-6mil/yr guy at or before the trade deadline. How good would a 30 goal scorer who brings some nastiness look on the third line with Cleary and Modano for the playoffs? Hudler's cap space and roster spot could make that happen.

yeah.. all those great free agents at the trade deadline

#76 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

I could care less if we get a pop tart and glass of milk for the little traitor... he can run back to the KHL with his tail between his legs and play over there which is where he went last year anyways.

It's addition by subtraction in this case and I WANT a big time scorer on the third line to help balance out the top three lines come playoff time.

Then if he is still playing like this trade him at the deadline.

No use freeing up cap space we can't even utilize yet.

Posted Image

#77 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

Then if he is still playing like this trade him at the deadline.

No use freeing up cap space we can't even utilize yet.

There's a lot of use. We could bank that cap space and use it on a player/players we couldn't afford if we wait. I believe it would be around $1.4M in extra cap space trading him now as opposed to at the deadline.

That said, I still wouldn't do it. We can only stay injury-free for so long and we don't really have much to trade for anyone decent anyway.

#78 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:31 AM

There's a lot of use. We could bank that cap space and use it on a player/players we couldn't afford if we wait. I believe it would be around $1.4M in extra cap space trading him now as opposed to at the deadline.

I have no idea where you get that idea from. If we trade him for someone his cap goes off the books whether it is today or at the deadline.

That said, I still wouldn't do it. We can only stay injury-free for so long and we don't really have much to trade for anyone decent anyway.

Exactly. No viable reason to trade Hudler at this point.

Posted Image

#79 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

Doc you're sounding like Eva :stop:

#80 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip