• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Trouble on the farm

Rate this topic

The griffins have been horrible. They have 3 goals their last 7 games, seem like they dont like it either, check this

3 - GR Amadio, 3:29 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Rosehill, 3:29 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Straub, 3:39 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - GR Straub, 3:39 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Richmond, 3:39 - Slashing , 2 min

3 - TOR Richmond, 3:39 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Zigomanis, 5:09 - Cross-checking , 2 min (PP)

3 - GR Pare, 5:45 - Game misconduct , 10 min

3 - GR Smith, 5:45 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)

3 - GR Smith, 5:45 - Slashing , 2 min

3 - GR Smith, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Tardif, 5:45 - Game misconduct , 10 min

3 - GR Tatar, 5:45 - Game misconduct , 10 min

Tatar and Pare getting involved? expect it from guys like Smith and even Mursak but they really must be getting frustrated. They have one of the best teams theyve had down there for a while, time to fire Fraser I think

hopefully some video will pop up so we can see what happened here

Edited by newfy

Maybe they weren't happy playing in the afternoon? Haven't seen the Marlies yet this year, but the Griffins are playing really uninspired hockey. They've lost almost all of their home games and were blown out when I saw them last Friday.

From griffinshockey.com:

The third period saw a parade to the penalty box, thanks to multiple fights and numerous penalties. It all began with punches thrown between Jay Rosehill and Greg Amadio, followed by Brandon Straub and Danny Richmond. Tempers escalated as both teams found themselves in a line-brawl resulting in the ejection of six players: Jamie Tardif, Tomas Tatar and Francis Pare of the Griffins and Darryl Boyce, Korbinian Holzer and Matt Lashoff of the Marlies.

An additional penalty allowed the Griffins to capitalize on a power play opportunity, landing on the board at 10:06 of the third with a shot tipped past Justin Rynnas by Jan Mursak, but the Griffins could get no closer.

Maybe they weren't happy playing in the afternoon? Haven't seen the Marlies yet this year, but the Griffins are playing really uninspired hockey. They've lost almost all of their home games and were blown out when I saw them last Friday.

Yeah that game last friday was terrible it seemed like houston had a power play the entire game

Coaching didn't used to be an issue. Have they just tuned him out or what?

Coaching, maybe the past couple years, may have not be an "issue", but it was the red head step child that no one wanted to talk about. but this year, the red headed step child is ruining family gatherings. They have such a talented team and the coach they have now is no longer equip to handle these players.

Coaching didn't used to be an issue. Have they just tuned him out or what?

It seems like the last few years they havent exactly had competent coaching. Now that they have a team with talent its more evident that this guy isn't what they need to develop the players down there.

I wonder what caused the line brawl?

It seems like the last few years they havent exactly had competent coaching. Now that they have a team with talent its more evident that this guy isn't what they need to develop the players down there.

I wonder what caused the line brawl?

My understanding of the cause is this:

Rosehill hit a Griffin, and got a 2 minute penalty when it should have been a 5, easy. Amadio took exception, and when he got out of the box went after him. After that all hell broke loose.

I was listening with a few minutes left in the third, and Kaser explained it that way.

As for coaching, last year I blame the "issues" on our captain, as well as some of the players that are gone now. The team was divided. I think this team needs to do the little things, and quit shooting at the crest on the goalie's jersey, and we will be fine.

I'll get a video up, dont worry people. There were 9 fights overall. Not the best camera work though so we couldnt see the Tatar fight but the Pare fight was a beauty. Amadio v Rosehill was good as well with Amadio actually managing to win a fight in style.

Revised penalty minutes (that is still missing the Janik fight and also incorrectly stating Owens and Scott got 2+2 as they actually got majors)

3 - GR Amadio, 3:29 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Rosehill, 3:29 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Straub, 3:39 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - GR Straub, 3:39 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Richmond, 3:39 - Slashing , 2 min

3 - TOR Richmond, 3:39 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Zigomanis, 5:09 - Cross-checking , 2 min (PP)

3 - GR Pare, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Pare, 5:45 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6), 10 min

3 - GR Smith, 5:45 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)

3 - GR Smith, 5:45 - Slashing , 2 min

3 - GR Smith, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Tardif, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Tardif, 5:45 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6), 10 min

3 - GR Tatar, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Tatar, 5:45 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6), 10 min

3 - TOR Boyce, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Boyce, 5:45 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6), 10 min

3 - TOR Hanson, 5:45 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - TOR Hanson, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Holzer, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Holzer, 5:45 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6), 10 min

3 - TOR Lashoff, 5:45 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - TOR Lashoff, 5:45 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6), 10 min

3 - GR Owens, 9:58 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - GR Owens, 9:58 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - TOR Richmond, 9:58 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)

3 - TOR Scott, 9:58 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - TOR Scott, 9:58 - Roughing , 2 min

3 - GR Straub, 12:57 - Instigating , 2 min (PP)

3 - GR Straub, 12:57 - Fighting , 5 min

3 - GR Straub, 12:57 - Misconduct - Instigating (46.10), 10 min

3 - TOR Rosehill, 12:57 - Fighting , 5 min

IMO Fraser needs to go.

The most talented Griffins team IMO since the Flip/Hudler/Kopecky days, and yet we're sitting second last in our division, with 4 goals from the past 7 games.

This will probably be the second straight year where we've failed to make the playoffs, unacceptable, especially this season with the stacked roster we have.

Mursak, Tatar, Smith, our top prospects, I'm worried about these guys not developing due to the terrible situationn that is unfolding in GR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLbTz-HDyGw

here's 5:45

i'm digging smith's snarl...wonder if it will transfer over to the big leagues with the BIG guys.

Sweet video!

Really sounded like Tatar did well, they were trying to pump it up as though he didn't have a chance, but the stupid commentators quickly went quiet on that front, I take that as a good sign. As in the final few moments of his fight we saw him holding his own. :D

Smith's a beauty, love his aggression.

And Pare lost early, but man he finished that fight well, got some rippers in! :clap:

a game like last nights can really bring a team together. Nothing brings a team together better than putting you ass on the line to stand up for your team. remember how the Avs brawl brought the wings together?

and oh yea thats just good old fashion entertainment!

Edited by wings1110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLbTz-HDyGw

here's 5:45

i'm digging smith's snarl...wonder if it will transfer over to the big leagues with the BIG guys.

Smith definitely has a mean streak to go with his talent, I'm sure it will transfer over to the big leagues. I just hope he gets in some fights this year so that he learns the ropes of that before he comes to the NHL and gets hurt trying to fight. His offense is there, he just needs to work on his defense and the rough stuff (especially since he was an NCAA guy much like Abdelkader). His brother is a fighter in the NLL smith said in an interview so the toughness is genetic

Looks like Pare definitely got the worst of that fight.

So Tatar handled himself well? He got a nasty facewash before the fight, he couldn't get Lashoff's glove out of his face! lol. Then Lashoff proceeded to beat up Pare. I hope he gets it next time the Griffs play the Marlies.

Looks like Pare definitely got the worst of that fight.

So Tatar handled himself well? He got a nasty facewash before the fight, he couldn't get Lashoff's glove out of his face! lol. Then Lashoff proceeded to beat up Pare. I hope he gets it next time the Griffs play the Marlies.

Pare handled himself well, started out taking a bit of a beating, but he responded very well at the end.

The rest of the fights from that game can all be found on hockeyfights.com

Someone else uploaded them before me. Which is good, because frankly its an effort uploading one fight let alone 9.

As for blaming the coach...I'm not sure he's the sole reason. Johnson and Minard were brought in to give our first line a boost, and they have a combined 2 goals between them. We started the season OK, but a massive lack of confidence and just plain bad luck is keeping us down at the moment. I wouldn't blame the coach. The players need to look at themselves and ask are they doing enough. Some of them certainly aren't.

Edited by uk_redwing

His brother is a fighter in the NLL smith said in an interview so the toughness is genetic

i knew nothing about his brother until reading this. i went over to youtube and good LORD! there's too many fighting videos to post so here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rory+smith

those lacrosse fights are BRUTAL.