33 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Being honest, can't stand the guy.

"It's a good fit," Leino told the paper. "I'm enjoying hockey and it's been good for me. I like it here. In Detroit, I didn't like living in the suburbs. I like the city life here. I've enjoyed my time outside hockey and hockeywise. That makes it a good fit."

I hope he takes the cash some team gives him at the end of this season, and runs, because when he's not on a line with Briere and Hartnell, he might find life not quite so rosy. All he did was sook in Detroit.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

I remember in Detroit he was obsessed with findign a girlfriend, moreso than improving his game. Good riddance, honestly.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

Was barely doing anything for the Wings and his time was up. Kudos to him getting it done in a different place. Best of luck to him in the future.

#4 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

I remember in Detroit he was obsessed with findign a girlfriend, moreso than improving his game. Good riddance, honestly.

This. Don't miss the guy at all... why would I? We have his replacement in Hudler. :ph34r:

#5 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

Leino > Hudler.

Posted Image

#6 Mikeal

Mikeal

4th Line Grinder

• HoF Booster
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Was barely doing anything for the Wings and his time was up. Kudos to him getting it done in a different place. Best of luck to him in the future.

I'm glad he is doing well. His game fits better in Philly.

As for Leino > Hudler... The thing that killed me the most about Leino here was his skating.

#7 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

I'm glad he is doing well. His game fits better in Philly.

As for Leino > Hudler... The thing that killed me the most about Leino here was his skating.

Which I don't think Hudler is doing any better at this season. He's been slow, drifting, and afraid to battle for pucks. Exactly like Leino was when he played for us. I just see Hudler digressing, while Leino is improving.

Posted Image

#8 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

Some of the posts in this thread so far sound like sour grapes to me but hey, maybe I'm misinterpreting. Obviously I wanted to see Leino succeed here in Detroit. The guy seemed like he had a tough time adjusting to life in Detroit which is unfortunate and maybe he just wasnt mature enough and needed the kick in the ass the Wings gave him by moving him out of town. We'll never know. I legitimately thought he had the skill set to be a solid NHLer and he seems to be proving it right now but it's still early.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#9 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

This is gettting a little rediculous now.

#1. Who cares? Honestly.
#2. If you could play in a city where there was actually something to do other than go to sports games, wouldn't you?
#3. Leino, like Hudler now, is a third line talent on the Wings. He means a lot more to the Flyers. It's a much better opportunity for him as a hockey player.

I don't think that was a bad comment at all or out of line. Good for Leino, he didn't fit here anyway.

#10 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

This is on par with the Crosby hate threads. The guy says he likes the city life of Philly better than the Detroit suburbs. Who cares?

#11 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

f*** this guy.

#12 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

Agreed

This. Don't miss the guy at all... why would I? We have his replacement in Hudler. :ph34r:

Agreed

This is gettting a little rediculous now.

#1. Who cares? Honestly.
#2. If you could play in a city where there was actually something to do other than go to sports games, wouldn't you?
#3. Leino, like Hudler now, is a third line talent on the Wings. He means a lot more to the Flyers. It's a much better opportunity for him as a hockey player.

I don't think that was a bad comment at all or out of line. Good for Leino, he didn't fit here anyway.

Agreed

This is on par with the Crosby hate threads. The guy says he likes the city life of Philly better than the Detroit suburbs. Who cares?

Agreed

f*** this guy.

+1

Why do some Wing's fans still have a huge hard-on for Leino, seriously... Do something productive... Go plant an effing tree or volunteer in a soup kitchen...

f***
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#13 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

I don't give a s*** that he didn't like living in the suburbs, but what I DO care about is him obviously putting more effort into it with the flyers than the wings...

true, he wasn't a good fit. but you could tell he wasn't trying as hard as he should have been. I wished him luck when he left but if he's gonna give more effort for the flyers then he can f*** off.

edit: Detroit needs to stop sucking so bad... how are the baboons running that place stillf****** up so much? You would think that there is SOME way that Detroit can come back. It's not like all of our land was burned down and salt was thrown on our soil, cities come back but Detroit remains at the bottom! :D :(

Edited by scottj, 25 November 2010 - 02:28 PM.

#14 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Detroit is currently a non-livable city. Can you really blame the guy? Cities themselves can attract players, i.e. New York, LA. Detroit doesn't attract s***. Look at the Tigers. They have to over pay for free agents. The Wings would have to do the same if it weren't for their rabid success.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#15 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

He didn't fit here. he can be a lazy back check in Phily and it works for the team.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#16 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

"It's a good fit," Leino told the paper. "I'm enjoying hockey and it's been good for me. I like it here. In Detroit, I didn't like living in the suburbs. I like the city life here. I've enjoyed my time outside hockey and hockeywise. That makes it a good fit."

Come on Wings fans, you guys are reading this completly wrong. He forgot to fill in the blanks before reading the script.

Here's what he was trying to say:

" It's a good fit for me" Leino was supposed to tell the paper " I'm enjoying hockey and it's been good for me to be alongside Briere and Hartnell. In, Detroit, I didn't like living in the suburbs of Datsyuk / Zetterberg / Franzen / Filppula / Bertuzzi and every other red wing that was playing better then me. I like the city life here. I've enjoyed my time outside hockey and hockeywise. That makes me a good fit in the Philly team.

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 25 November 2010 - 08:40 PM.

#17 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

Come on Wings fans, you guys are reading this completly wrong. He forgot to fill in the blanks before reading the script.

Here's what he was trying to say:

I wish I was as good as reading between the lines as you were :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#18 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

It's not about what he said so much as his general attitude: He cares about his party life more than his game.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#19 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

leino in the suburbs - 55 gp 16 pts

leino partying in the city (including playoffs) - 55 gp - 44 pts

#20 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

leino in the suburbs - 55 gp 16 pts

leino partying in the city (including playoffs) - 55 gp - 44 pts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeVrfhmwIUk

You could put Andreas Lilja on a line with Hartnell and Briere and even he could probably produce about the same as Leino.