• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Ville Leino

Rate this topic

Being honest, can't stand the guy.

"It's a good fit," Leino told the paper. "I'm enjoying hockey and it's been good for me. I like it here. In Detroit, I didn't like living in the suburbs. I like the city life here. I've enjoyed my time outside hockey and hockeywise. That makes it a good fit."

I hope he takes the cash some team gives him at the end of this season, and runs, because when he's not on a line with Briere and Hartnell, he might find life not quite so rosy. All he did was sook in Detroit.

Was barely doing anything for the Wings and his time was up. Kudos to him getting it done in a different place. Best of luck to him in the future.

I'm glad he is doing well. His game fits better in Philly.

As for Leino > Hudler... The thing that killed me the most about Leino here was his skating.

I'm glad he is doing well. His game fits better in Philly.

As for Leino > Hudler... The thing that killed me the most about Leino here was his skating.

Which I don't think Hudler is doing any better at this season. He's been slow, drifting, and afraid to battle for pucks. Exactly like Leino was when he played for us. I just see Hudler digressing, while Leino is improving.

Some of the posts in this thread so far sound like sour grapes to me but hey, maybe I'm misinterpreting. Obviously I wanted to see Leino succeed here in Detroit. The guy seemed like he had a tough time adjusting to life in Detroit which is unfortunate and maybe he just wasnt mature enough and needed the kick in the ass the Wings gave him by moving him out of town. We'll never know. I legitimately thought he had the skill set to be a solid NHLer and he seems to be proving it right now but it's still early.

This is gettting a little rediculous now.

#1. Who cares? Honestly.

#2. If you could play in a city where there was actually something to do other than go to sports games, wouldn't you?

#3. Leino, like Hudler now, is a third line talent on the Wings. He means a lot more to the Flyers. It's a much better opportunity for him as a hockey player.

I don't think that was a bad comment at all or out of line. Good for Leino, he didn't fit here anyway.

Was barely doing anything for the Wings and his time was up. Kudos to him getting it done in a different place. Best of luck to him in the future.

Agreed

This. Don't miss the guy at all... why would I? We have his replacement in Hudler. :ph34r:

Agreed

This is gettting a little rediculous now.

#1. Who cares? Honestly.

#2. If you could play in a city where there was actually something to do other than go to sports games, wouldn't you?

#3. Leino, like Hudler now, is a third line talent on the Wings. He means a lot more to the Flyers. It's a much better opportunity for him as a hockey player.

I don't think that was a bad comment at all or out of line. Good for Leino, he didn't fit here anyway.

Agreed

This is on par with the Crosby hate threads. The guy says he likes the city life of Philly better than the Detroit suburbs. Who cares?

Agreed

f*** this guy.

+1

Why do some Wing's fans still have a huge hard-on for Leino, seriously... Do something productive... Go plant an effing tree or volunteer in a soup kitchen...

f***

Guest scottj

I don't give a s*** that he didn't like living in the suburbs, but what I DO care about is him obviously putting more effort into it with the flyers than the wings...

true, he wasn't a good fit. but you could tell he wasn't trying as hard as he should have been. I wished him luck when he left but if he's gonna give more effort for the flyers then he can f*** off.

edit: Detroit needs to stop sucking so bad... how are the baboons running that place still ******* up so much? You would think that there is SOME way that Detroit can come back. It's not like all of our land was burned down and salt was thrown on our soil, cities come back but Detroit remains at the bottom! :D:(

Edited by scottj

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Detroit is currently a non-livable city. Can you really blame the guy? Cities themselves can attract players, i.e. New York, LA. Detroit doesn't attract s***. Look at the Tigers. They have to over pay for free agents. The Wings would have to do the same if it weren't for their rabid success.

"It's a good fit," Leino told the paper. "I'm enjoying hockey and it's been good for me. I like it here. In Detroit, I didn't like living in the suburbs. I like the city life here. I've enjoyed my time outside hockey and hockeywise. That makes it a good fit."

Come on Wings fans, you guys are reading this completly wrong. He forgot to fill in the blanks before reading the script.

Here's what he was trying to say:

" It's a good fit for me" Leino was supposed to tell the paper " I'm enjoying hockey and it's been good for me to be alongside Briere and Hartnell. In, Detroit, I didn't like living in the suburbs of Datsyuk / Zetterberg / Franzen / Filppula / Bertuzzi and every other red wing that was playing better then me. I like the city life here. I've enjoyed my time outside hockey and hockeywise. That makes me a good fit in the Philly team.
Edited by KrazyGangsta

Detroit is currently a non-livable city. Can you really blame the guy? Cities themselves can attract players, i.e. New York, LA. Detroit doesn't attract s***. Look at the Tigers. They have to over pay for free agents. The Wings would have to do the same if it weren't for their rabid success.

Lol Detroit is not a non-livable city and I can tell from your post that you listen to 97.1 way too much

It's really funny to read through these comments about Leino playing well because he's on a line with Briere and Hartnell. Shows that people really haven't even seen Flyers games. Seems like for some people it's hard to give Leino any credit just because it didn't work out here.

Guest Heaten

Yeah I'm sure living in Detroit is in everyone's dreams.

My wife and I are trying to move to Detroit. Waiting on job transfer. Currently live in Rockford area near Grand Rapids. Detroit is a beautiful historic city. It something we really want to be part of.