• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Ville Leino

Rate this topic

My wife and I are trying to move to Detroit. Waiting on job transfer. Currently live in Rockford area near Grand Rapids. Detroit is a beautiful historic city. It something we really want to be part of.

I hope that works out for you.

I have never heard anybody use the word "beautiful" to describe Detroit except when talking about the past.

Edited by chrisdetroit

I hope that works out for you.

I have never heard anybody use the word "beautiful" to describe Detroit except when talking about the past.

Then obviously you haven't taken a second to admire some of the old architecture. There most certainly are beautiful portions of the city unless you are one of those people that fixates solely on blight. Lot's of you people around. You have a lot of company. There's lots of beauty in Detroit... unfortunately, people like you only see beauty in Wal-Mart signs and strip mall coney islands.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest scottj

Yeah I'm sure living in Detroit is in everyone's dreams.

livable =/= being a land where everybody dreams to move to

I'm a bit disappointed that I had to clarify but, with the amount of retarded posts on these boards lately, I am not surprised.

There's a boatload of blight down here in the New Orleans area, partially due to poverty and partially to Hurricane Katrina in the recent past. There's also plenty of good things and beautiful buildings and atmosphere about New Orleans as well at present. I choose to focus on the good stuff. I'm sure the Detroit area is the same way more/less.

problem is, everyone wants to play here, and when they are here and get traded or not re-signed, all they can do is ***** about how bad it was or how the city is a dump. Hell, even fan favorite SLava Kozlov slammed the team when he was traded for Hasek, remember him saying something along the lines of their a good team, but there isn't enough puck to go around, so how are they gonna succeed? Well Slava, I think we all know how 2001-2002 turned out... Hey Ville, there's a reason you aren't here anymore and dont blame the Cap, you aren't/weren't good enough to hang on our roster... Here's to you're little buddy Piddler joining you soon! (who can we get from Philly for Jerry? Nah, we'll just take trade him to Florida for a 2nd rounder...)