• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 1

Rate this topic

Hudler got an assist. I'm not quite sure how I feel about how he did overall, which I suppose is an improvement from the last few games where I sternly said to myself, "He sucked. No doubt in my mind."

He didn't do anything of note. The assist was a charity point on a routine pass that Flip and Stuart worked to a goal. But every player gets those so you can't hold it against him.

Still, I didn't feel like he had any impact on the game.

Definitely. I'm sure she got in Voracek's (I think it was) head and made him hesitate on that one scoring chance. Props.

My grandmother, before she got sick, had one of the foulest mouths you've ever heard on an old lady. That's one thing I inherited from her. I'm sure she was whispering in his ear "You suck, you filthy bastard. You suck, your mother sucks and everyone that looks like your mother sucks."

I have to say that despite the BJs' record I didn't feel "up" for this game at all. It may be impossible for me to care about the Blue Jackets, in any capacity, ever.

I feel the same way. I know statistically they're doing good, and this was a huge win (and a win on Sunday is absolutely necessary in my mind), but man, Columbus is just so...bleh. I honestly feel like they could win the Cup and I still wouldn't care one way or the other. Between Nashville, St. Louis and Chicago, there's no room for Columbus in the "cool teams club."

oh so you didn't watch him the rest of the game

Well what specifically did you see that you didn't like?

I mean, I think he had a fine game. Not a great performance. For the most part, I thought he did his job.

My grandmother, before she got sick, had one of the foulest mouths you've ever heard on an old lady. That's one thing I inherited from her. I'm sure she was whispering in his ear "You suck, you filthy bastard. You suck, your mother sucks and everyone that looks like your mother sucks."

Haha! "And everyone that looks like your mother sucks." I've actually never heard that before. Is that weird? That's creative. Anytime I have a foul mouth moment I just say f*** until it's lost it's meaning in my mind.

He didn't do anything of note. The assist was a charity point on a routine pass that Flip and Stuart worked to a goal. But every player gets those so you can't hold it against him.

Still, I didn't feel like he had any impact on the game.

Is Big Goal Bob disappointed in his son?

Honestly, I thought he competed harder. Still lost a lot of bottles. I guess he's still a major work in progress but I thought he took a baby step towards the right direction tonight.

Yeah, if only he scored his usual two goals instead of one.

Doesn't he have 3 goals in 5 games this month?

Yes (and 10 on the season) I was thinking the exact same thing. Come on people, what do you realistically expect from an 82 game season? If he stays healthy, the man's on pace for 40 goals.

Edit to add: He also did some great work, along with Bert, on the boards cycling the puck in the third - eating up valuable time.

Edited by rick zombo

Wings played a solid game tonight. I really thought Howard was on top of his game, and the team in front of him gave him plenty of help unlike against Atlanta where they really let him down. Looks like while I was gone, Hudler took over for being the whipping boy. Can't make all Wings fans on this forum happy I suppose. I thought everyone on the Wings played a solid game, including Hudler.

Howard was unreal!!!! The guy is quickly becoming one of my red wing favorites, mindlfy can go blow himself. You keep talking s*** about Jimmy Howard (and rest of the team for that matter) and make yourself look like a fool time after time again. :siren:

Edited by canadian wings fan

I liked the CBJ 3rd jersey... I might even pick one up myself.

Jimmy had a good game.

Z and D need to finish more often.

Hudler still sucks even with a point tonight.

To use as an oil rag? :thumbdown:

I liked the CBJ 3rd jersey... I might even pick one up myself.

Liking them is one thing but those jerseys are far from cheap. I hope you're rich or something. Otherwise... Really? You'd spend that kind of money on a jersey like that?

Liking them is one thing but those jerseys are far from cheap. I hope you're rich or something. Otherwise... Really? You'd spend that kind of money on a jersey like that?

$114 for a replica jersey isn't bad. I'm sure I can dig a little more and get one for a bit cheaper.

Edited by dragonballgtz

idk guys i actually like the 3rds for the Jackets-- i actually hope the Jackets stay right where they are in the standings and make significant improvements this season-- they have RIsh Nash who has superstar talent and isn't named Crosby or Ovechkin. Overall i think the Jackets being a young franchise, with a superstar in Nash, and a healthy rivalry with the Red Wings can do nothing but good things for the league and in my most sincere hope, take some sort of attention away from Crosby and Ovie.

Good win tonight it was good to see the Wings bounce back and play a complete game after the ATL embarrassment. Here's to another W against Columbus on sunday (which i actually really like the late afternoon sunday games).