• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrWings787

Marlies vs Griffins - AHL Line Brawl - Nov 24, 2010

Rate this topic

I concur :thumbup:

Wish the wings could play like this as well <_<

It's surprising that the Griffins didn't have anyone particularly tough on the ice during the line-brawl. The Griffins' enforcers also had fights in that game though. It was funny to see Tatar mix it up despite his small size. Glad he remembered to drop the gloves before fighting. Good to see Smith getting involved and Tardif (as always) sticking up for his teammates.

That facewash Tatar received before the fight is hilarious!!

Pare ended up doing the tango with that dude, Lashoff I believe. I want to see a Lashoff-Lashoff fight, they are brothers right (Matt and Brian)?

Yeah they are but I'm pretty sure brian is the bigger and more physical of the 2

the ice of the ahl games makes baby jesus cry. Everytime i go to a griffins game, i swear i see more ads on the ice, not to mention the ads that roll along the bottom of the glass.

nice fighting though, reminds of the old detroit/colorado games

It's surprising that the Griffins didn't have anyone particularly tough on the ice during the line-brawl. The Griffins' enforcers also had fights in that game though. It was funny to see Tatar mix it up despite his small size. Glad he remembered to drop the gloves before fighting. Good to see Smith getting involved and Tardif (as always) sticking up for his teammates.

Didn't Greg Amadio get the whole thing started off? I'd consider him the toughest guy on the team.

I concur :thumbup:

Wish the wings could play like this as well <_<

I'd much rather have the Red Wings be a successful unit than brawl like the Griffins. It's nice to see the grit, but on-ice battling aside, a huge reason for this brawl is the fact that the Griffins are a frustrated hockey team.

Wow.

two things I didn't like about those fights. First, guys sure hung on to their sticks a long time in the scrums. Easy to get a butt end that way.

And second, am I the only one who thinks bodyshots in a hockey fight are bad form? Or at the very least, lame?

Body shots are good strategy. Everyone's expecting a punch in the face, not one in the celiac plexus.

One thing I didn't like was that Tatar didn't ditch his helmet while the other guy did.

As a whole, the griffins new motto is: "Since we can't beat you, we will beat you"

Didn't Greg Amadio get the whole thing started off? I'd consider him the toughest guy on the team.

I'd much rather have the Red Wings be a successful unit than brawl like the Griffins. It's nice to see the grit, but on-ice battling aside, a huge reason for this brawl is the fact that the Griffins are a frustrated hockey team.

Amadio fought a few minutes before the line-brawl. It was the first fight of the game. The Griffins are by no means 'brawl like'. Before that game they were towards the bottom of the AHL in fighting majors. There are many talented players on the Griffins.

Body shots are good strategy. Everyone's expecting a punch in the face, not one in the celiac plexus.

One thing I didn't like was that Tatar didn't ditch his helmet while the other guy did.

As a whole, the griffins new motto is: "Since we can't beat you, we will beat you"

I was going to comment on Tatar not taking the helmet off, but the fact that he dropped the gloves was good enough for me. It didn't look like he wanted to drop them and fight, so I can forgive him not ditching the lid. If the same thing happens again I hope he sheds the lid. However, this was probably his first gloves-off hockey fight and I'll give him a pass.

Amadio fought a few minutes before the line-brawl. It was the first fight of the game. The Griffins are by no means 'brawl like'. Before that game they were towards the bottom of the AHL in fighting majors. There are many talented players on the Griffins.

I was going to comment on Tatar not taking the helmet off, but the fact that he dropped the gloves was good enough for me. It didn't look like he wanted to drop them and fight, so I can forgive him not ditching the lid. If the same thing happens again I hope he sheds the lid. However, this was probably his first gloves-off hockey fight and I'll give him a pass.

Very true, didn't think of it, but he had a good 15 seconds to ditch the lid after he say his opponent do the same. Good on him to fight though and not do a terrible job.

I'm well aware of that. I try to attend as many Griffins games as I can. The point I was making to mindfly was that, despite the grit they showed here, I wouldn't want the Wings to replicate anything about the way the Griffs have been playing.

Something needs to change in Grand Rapids, they're playing uninspired hockey.

I'm well aware of that. I try to attend as many Griffins games as I can. The point I was making to mindfly was that, despite the grit they showed here, I wouldn't want the Wings to replicate anything about the way the Griffs have been playing.

Something needs to change in Grand Rapids, they're playing uninspired hockey.

The coach needs to go. He favors veterans over skill and the Griffins try to play a skill game.