• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Modano has severed flexor tendon

Rate this topic

NHL network is reporting Modano has a severed flexor tendon in the wrist. They say he is out indefinitely. Complete recovery time can be anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months... many variables.

Edited by Icesurfer

Well, I didn't see that one coming, I was really hoping it was something minor. Here's to a fast recovery with as little variation as possible to delay his health.

Edited by Razre

Guest mindfly

Those ******* skates can do alot of damage, they are worse than groin and most knee injuries, if it slices you open you're gone for weeks/months :/

Guest mindfly

if he's out three months he might not reach the 50games played bonus in his contract and no carry over caphit for next season for thw wings

Draper should be returning this week. That dream can still continue.

Draper will sit most games or they will alternate Miller/Eaves and Draper on the 4th line. Huds doesn't fit in th 4th line roll and Abby is to good to relegate to the 4th line.

My bet is that we see Abby/Huds/Clears on the 3rd line.

Helm and Miller/Eaves/Draper on the 4th.

I say this every single time an injury like this happens, but given the pace & intensity of the NHL I am amazed there are not more injuries like this.

Sucks big style for Modano though.

People on other sites suggests this is his "career ending injury", why is that?

Because if it really did take 6 months for him to come back, that's pretty much the rest of the season, and we're talking about a guy who's 40 years old and was still trying to adjust to the speed of the Wings game.

I'm not saying that's the case, but it's not surprising people are speculating it could be the end of his career.

Not sounding good. Holland saying he'll be out a "significant" amount of time after Modano had surgery on the wrist last night.

Mlive: Modano out long term after surgery

Edited by haroldsnepsts