• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Modano has severed flexor tendon

Rate this topic

Ericsson is like kronwall (although kronwall got other great qualities on the point) with horrible accuracy in the slapshot, stuart is the better choice for now, experience, better passer and can hit the net atleast.

I'd rather Stuart spend his TOI shutting down people though. He's a serviceable guy for the PP but not for more than a few games.

Are you serious? You can't dump Hud's in a single night.

I wouldn't say good thing we didn't dump Hudler. I will say he's one lucky Mofo now, since this buys him a few weeks/months to get his s*** together.

This is bad for Modano. It's good for Hudler, but if he doesn't step up now that he's got a spot in the lineup, his career in Detroit will come to an end this year.

One man's injury is another man's opportunity in the NHL. I just hope Hudler starts producing. With Modano out he might even see some PP time, and that may be what he needs to kick it up. Guess we'll see. I'm not one of the people who advocates trading Hudler, but I have advocated considering it if he hasn't picked up pace by the Trade Deadline.

Seriously, this is probably Hudlers last shot, pending we don't get all banged up *Knock on wood*.

Hope MO recovers fast.

My point is that this is exactly why Kenny has no intention of trading Huds even at the trade deadline. Huds sitting on the bench is better than a couple prospects for GR. It's a long season, s*** happens. Fortunately Kenny knows this and fortunately all the people that wanted to run Huds out of town after he only played 15 games have no say in the matter.

If we had dumped Huds, Drapes would be playing full time and that would not be pretty so yes, it is a good thing that we still have Huds.

Last year, Kenny was dying to bring Abby up for the playoffs. Who is that guy this year? Exactly...nobody.

I'm calling it now. Abdelkader with 20+ points in 30-35 games with that line.

If I were forced to make a prediction here, its that Z and Dats will be separated and Flip will go down to center the third line

Hudler on the wing opposite Cleary with pretty much any center the Wings have except Modano is a better fit than Mo. So while this sucks for Mo, it's a great opportunity for Rex; he'll get more time and play with people he has better chemistry with. It's a twofer.

Guest mindfly

Eva to the rescue!

Why can't you see hudler is a fail signing and won't get any better, from game 1 through 20 he has sucked every single game

Edited by mindfly

Last year, Kenny was dying to bring Abby up for the playoffs. Who is that guy this year? Exactly...nobody.

I can tell ya who Kenny wants to bring up if the Wings need an injury replacement;

Doug Janik or Derek Meech. Or Joey MacDonald.

Hmm...I see your point.

Eva to the rescue!

Why can't you see hudler is a fail signing and won't get any better, from game 1 through 20 he has sucked every single game

He's sucked every game?

He's been named one of the three stars once or twice...how bad was the rest of the team those games then?

Hudler has not been as good as he is expected to be, or as good as he has the skill to be. He has been better than his numbers suggest. But a big part of his slow start is the fact that Modano is about the worst type of player for Hudler to play with. I have been over this before in other threads. Hudler has excellent chemistry with Filppula that has displayed itself since the two entered the league. Although they don't have the same skill level, they might even click better than Dats and Z - Flip and Huds were both in a slump until Babs put Huds on Flip's wing. Immediately that line took off because of the connection between those two.

I've been saying Flip and Huds should be paired together since the summer. It's a natural fit. Ignore it if you will, but it just plain works.

Guest Stolberg

i wouldn't mind filppula being dropped down to the 3rd

but then it would break up BFF :(

Haha sneaky GMR :cool:

Imagine if they put the money on Asham or similar player :hehe:

It's not the best player on the team that got injured but as one said earlier, abdelkaders faceoffs are a bit weak for him to center the third line

But we couldn't sign Asham or Neil, because we spent too much money on Hudler.

These both look like failed signings right now. Maybe something will change around playoff time, but I still feel that our money would have been better served elsewhere.

well isn't asham's contract at 800k and modanos is 750k+bonuses?

I was thinking of Hudler's contract more or less.

In Modano's case, his signing prevented us from needing to go after any more forwards. So even if he didn't give the team a big cap hit, he hasn't really helped us address any needs so far either.

The 3rd line scoring only increased when Abby was added to the lineup and the lines were juggled a bit.

These both look like failed signings right now. Maybe something will change around playoff time, but I still feel that our money would have been better served elsewhere.

Holland and Babcock expected a better turnout from Hudler.

Using hindsight to justify why we should have done A instead of B is ridiculous. I don't see how adding either of those players would have improved our team a great deal anyways. It's not like either of them is storming the trenches with solid play.

Holland and Babcock expected a better turnout from Hudler.

Using hindsight to justify why we should have done A instead of B is ridiculous. I don't see how adding either of those players would have improved our team a great deal anyways. It's not like either of them is storming the trenches with solid play.

Depends on what your definition of solid play is. I just wanted a few grinders on the team instead of skilled players who would be put in situations they're not comfortable with, such as playing on the 3rd line.

Granted, Modano and Hudler have gotten more than enough playing time imo, but they just don't look like good fits right now with the Wings. A solid 4th liner would have been a good fit and would have allowed someone like Helm or Abby to play on the 3rd line with Cleary and get more playing time, which both those guys deserve.

Depends on what your definition of solid play is. I just wanted a few grinders on the team instead of skilled players who would be put in situations they're not comfortable with, such as playing on the 3rd line.

Granted, Modano and Hudler have gotten more than enough playing time imo, but they just don't look like good fits right now with the Wings. A solid 4th liner would have been a good fit and would have allowed someone like Helm or Abby to play on the 3rd line with Cleary and get more playing time, which both those guys deserve.

I don't follow you. We have a 4th line of Helm, Miller and Eaves that is playing well. Abby is going to play on the 3rd line with Cleary and now Huds. You want a guy to replace Helm, Miller or Eaves although they are all playing great?

You want grinders on the 3rd line? We need scorers on the third line not more grinders.

Wow, we could have had Neil's 1 goal or Ashams 3 goals...

Edited by chrisdetroit

Guest mindfly

No you need a clearer top6 and bottom 6 roles, not three line with only skill and the bottom line plugs, the bottom six needs to have forechecking ability, high tempo skating ability, defensively "gifted", and preferably SIZE and also gotta have a bit of a scoring touch.

Edited by mindfly

...ya, like maybe offering Ladd a contract, or trading Hudler's rights for his.