• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Modano has severed flexor tendon

Rate this topic

we should've sold hudler for a few asian babies. and mo's injury just further clarifies our need for prepubescent blood on the X line!!!

seriously, people....i used to be proud of our fanbase. this is the discussion when a signed and proud player of ours gets cut up like he's in a saw movie???

maybe we can trade huds for some sympathy for our players and a few fans who aren't dispicable human beings...

f*** it...keep him. those fans are a myth, anyway!!

(my love and prayers to modano's family and friends, who must be reading this with terror in their hearts)

ps re: mindfly...

there aren't words. at least not polysyllabic ones. that way you can understand them...

*shakes head, vomits, seeks solace among those who still have souls*

Edited by deetroit dario

My point is that this is exactly why Kenny has no intention of trading Huds even at the trade deadline. Huds sitting on the bench is better than a couple prospects for GR. It's a long season, s*** happens. Fortunately Kenny knows this and fortunately all the people that wanted to run Huds out of town after he only played 15 games have no say in the matter.

If we had dumped Huds, Drapes would be playing full time and that would not be pretty so yes, it is a good thing that we still have Huds.

Last year, Kenny was dying to bring Abby up for the playoffs. Who is that guy this year? Exactly...nobody.

What?

First off, Draper in his last season has 22 points. Hudler is on pace for less, than Draper.

Secondly, Draper can play the penalty kill. Hudler cannot.

Third, Draper has multiple cups.

I'd honestly rather see Draper out there scooting along with a walker, than Hudler playing like he does.

And you honestly said Abbey is "nobody"?

Let me read that again.

I don't get your point. You said, "Last year Kenny was dying to bring Abby up for the playoffs", then some something about nobody being that way this year.

Perhaps you missed it, but Hudler is the lowest +/- on the team, and the lowest PPG of every single forward on our team. He is, by definition, our suckiest forward, period.

Defend him as you will. He ******* sucks.

Edited by truebladearmy

No you need a clearer top6 and bottom 6 roles, not three line with only skill and the bottom line plugs, the bottom six needs to have forechecking ability, high tempo skating ability, defensively "gifted", and preferably SIZE and also gotta have a bit of a scoring touch.

Tell that to most teams, but yes, I agree.

Your 3rd line should be basically a grind line. If it has offensive talent, fine. If not, it's job is to get out there and play against the third lines of other teams, and most of all, to ensure they don't score.

Your fourth line is your relief line. And typically your PK lines.

Hudler doesn't belong on either of those lines. He's a second liner, but on a team that needs a second liner. He does not take faceoffs. He does not play on the PK. He rarely plays on the PP, and thus far has not even got a point on the PP.

Not this team.

He's a piece of s***, with near zero production. If I was a fan of say.....Edmonton, I would love Hudler, but I happen to enjoy a team that wins, and I happen to generally enjoy the decisions of our front office.

Hudler is a bomb. He has a chance to prove otherwise, but so far he has been a poop.

Defending Hudler, is like defending Nopaloean Dynamite, cause you heard once upon a time that he had skills with a bo staff.

Give it up people. The dude is a wash.

Edited by truebladearmy

Man... This year just got a whole lot longer for Modano:

The Red Wings hope Modano will return in sufficient time to get prepared for the playoffs, but nobody can say that with certainty.

“The loss for the team is one thing, but the loss for him, the playing time and to get orientated and get ready (again). ... The big thing is that we got him here to help us at playoff time, and he’s going to have that opportunity,” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. “But it’s important he doesn’t lose touch with the team and stays involved and keeps coming to grips with how we play and what we do because that’ll help him.

“The commitment he’s going to have to make off-ice is going to be as big as he’s ever made in his career. Because when you arrive back, everything’s going 900 miles an hour. It’s different when you’re 25 than when you’re 35. Those are challenges for him.”

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/red_wings_mike_modano_out_long.html

Guess Modano can't just fly to California and lounge with Willa all day huh?

He's sucked every game?

He's been named one of the three stars once or twice...how bad was the rest of the team those games then?

Hudler has not been as good as he is expected to be, or as good as he has the skill to be. He has been better than his numbers suggest. But a big part of his slow start is the fact that Modano is about the worst type of player for Hudler to play with. I have been over this before in other threads. Hudler has excellent chemistry with Filppula that has displayed itself since the two entered the league. Although they don't have the same skill level, they might even click better than Dats and Z - Flip and Huds were both in a slump until Babs put Huds on Flip's wing. Immediately that line took off because of the connection between those two.

I've been saying Flip and Huds should be paired together since the summer. It's a natural fit. Ignore it if you will, but it just plain works.

That's right that line combo took off... they took off every game they played together. waa waa waaaaaa

Edited by dragonballgtz

That's right that line combo took off... they took off every game they played together. waa waa waaaaaa

Yeah, you're saying they should move Hudler into a line that currently has Bert and Franzen. A very productive line.

A point per game second line. One of whom is our leading goal scoring, a second of whom is the leading +/- player on the team.

Don't be a retard.

Hudler has done absolutely NOTHING, to earn that line. He HAS NOT EARNED THAT LINE. You can't just put him there to "see what happens".

Oh he would do well. Oh oh he's on the wrong line. Oh uh, he'd do great if he had a better centerman. Oh if he was with Datsyuk, he'd be awesome. Reality check, a 4 year old could score winging datsyuk, eventually.

Here's a ******* hint. HE IS A CENTER. His job, as a center, is to make lines work. THAT IS A CENTER's JOB.

I'd rather have Bert, Fil, and Fran, any ******* day.

You can argue for Hudler all you want. Point out his past stats, all you want. It does not change the fact that he has, been, thus far.......garbage.

He earns a second line salary, and has less points than nearly every fourth line forward.

Edmonton, sir, has 4th line centers with more points than Hudler.

The lowest ranking team in the league, has 13 players who have gotten more points than Hudler.

The worst team in the NHL, has 13 people, doing more than Hudler.

Edited by truebladearmy

Yeah, you're saying they should move Hudler into a line that currently has Bert and Franzen. A very productive line.

A point per game second line. One of whom is our leading goal scoring, a second of whom is the leading +/- player on the team.

Don't be a retard.

Hudler has done absolutely NOTHING, to earn that line. He HAS NOT EARNED THAT LINE. You can't just put him there to "see what happens".

Oh he would do well. Oh oh he's on the wrong line. Oh uh, he'd do great if he had a better centerman. Oh if he was with Datsyuk, he'd be awesome. Reality check, a 4 year old could score winging datsyuk, eventually.

Here's a ******* hint. HE IS A CENTER. His job, as a center, is to make lines work. THAT IS A CENTER's JOB.

You can argue for Hudler all you want. Point out his past stats, all you want. It does not change the fact that he has, been, thus far.......garbage.

He earns a second line salary, and has less points than nearly every fourth line forward.

The lowest ranking team in the league, has 13 players who have gotten more points than Hudler.

Redundant?

Don't be a retard.

I think you don't get what my post was about and I don't get what your post is about so what is this post about? :confused1:

Edited by dragonballgtz

I hope Modano recovers and plays for us in the playoffs. It would be a shame to see his career end without one last playoff run!

And good lord, people! Another discussion about Hudler? Why don't you talk about Crosby while you're at it.. <_<

Don't be a retard.

If you score four goals and are +6 in one game, and you play 5 games, and end those games with 4 goals, 4 points, and a +1...have you done well? Flip's line had a great first few games but has been offensively invisible for most of the season. Bertuzzi has been shifted around with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and clicked like crazy with Cleary. But the BFF line, no matter its season numbers, has been very inconsistent.

Maybe, and Hudler could too. We'll never know, as it has not and probably will never happen, even for a shift.

Hudler is a natural center, this is true. But Babcock has only rarely played him at center due to his size. I have maintained for years that Hudler could do very well in the middle if he centered two big-bodied wingers who had decent third-line skill or better. My suggested second line in 2008-09 was Franzen/Hudler/Hossa. I think that line would have been absolutely killer; two big snipers and a top playmaker? Scary. Put that line behind DZH.

As for the "earning the line" comment.

Hudler scored 60 points in 2008-09. Yes that was two years ago. But it was also spent largely playing with Filppula. Hudler is on pace for his worst offensive season since his rookie year. Filppula may hit a career high in points this season, but he is playing significantly more than he has in previously seasons. Both players are riding below their normal offensive output, and both players have spent a large portion of their careers on the same line.

It's not about whether Hudler is among the top six scoring forwards on the team. It's about whether it's the best fit for the team. Filppula had 2 points on Friday, after a 5 game pointless streak. In those six games, Detroit has scored a ton of goals. Why hasn't Flip's line been producing if it's such a great combination?

Leave the top 2 lines the way they are, we won majority of the games of that way. Only when Babcock started playing with the lines did we have OT games and very late comebacks, whereas earlier we were beating teams with more consistency. Hudler should stay on the 3rd line, I would rather him be on the 3rd line and not be as productive then to totally screw up the 2nd and 3rd lines beacuse he doesn't put in 100% effort. Bert has been playing amazing this season, he has 17 points so far and high +/- leave him with the better scoring players, at least he can make something happen during the game.

For what? Hockey?

Usually, it's the classy thing to do when you injure someone, regardless of whether it was a hockey play or a freak accident.

Is Umberger supposed to think, "Well yeah, I accidentally sliced his tendon, but that's hockey"? How about whomever it was that accidentally nearly killed Clint Marlachuk?

Edited by Hockeytown0001

And you honestly said Abbey is "nobody"?

Let me read that again.

I don't get your point. You said, "Last year Kenny was dying to bring Abby up for the playoffs", then some something about nobody being that way this year.

I think he meant that there is no AHL-er that Kenny really wants here this year.

Usually, it's the classy thing to do when you injure someone, regardless of whether it was a hockey play or a freak accident.

In what? The code of hockey ethics?

Is Umberger supposed to think, "Well yeah, I accidentally sliced his tendon, but that's hockey"? How about whomever it was that accidentally nearly killed Clint Marlachuk?

Is Modano supposed to think "You know, it was a freak accident, but I demand a public apology for his actions!"

Come on.

Guest mjtm77

on the plus he will be more rested for playoffs. Seems like our line up has a bunch of guys ready to play this should cut the tension a bit.