• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Wings sign Gleason Fournier

Rate this topic

I'm a little surprised by this actually. To me, he was the only prospect in limbo who I thought was the most likely to not get a contract. Not saying he wasn't going to get one. Just that if I had to pick one from that draft class then it might be him.

Landon Ferraro -- 2nd Round (32nd overall) --- Signed

Tomas Tatar -- 2nd Round (60th overall) --- Signed

Andrej Nestrasil -- 3rd Round (75th overall) --- Must sign by the end of this year

Gleason Fournier -- 3rd Round (90th overall) --- Signed, apparently

Nick Jensen -- 5th Round (120th overall) --- Must sign by the end of 2014 is it?

Mitchell Callahan -- 6th Round (150th overall) --- Signed

Adam Almqvist -- 7th Round (210th overall) --- Must sign by the end of 2013?

Obviously they have a little time for Jensen and Almqvist. However if they had to sign those two based off of their past performance up to this date then I'm thinking it's likely they both get a contract. They are both top 3 dmen for their teams all while being pretty young.

So that just leaves Nestrasil, who has 27 points in 21 games. I haven't seen him play yet this year but I'm thinking his chances of a contract are pretty good.

Therefore, the whole 2009 draft class might all receive contracts. Quite a haul in 2009, huh? I'm sure a lot of other teams had similar results because I remember that year having incredible depth.

Like I said a few months ago, you're going to see most, if not all our prospects signed in the coming months. This is a good sign, I assume Nestrasil and Nyquist will be the next guys signed with nyquist at the end of his NCAA season.

Like I said a few months ago, you're going to see most, if not all our prospects signed in the coming months. This is a good sign, I assume Nestrasil and Nyquist will be the next guys signed with nyquist at the end of his NCAA season.

In regards to Nyquist, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed for his senior year. Not because he values his degree but because it's another year where he can gain some muscle while learning to maintain the speed and effectiveness at what he does best.

In regards to Nyquist, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed for his senior year. Not because he values his degree but because it's another year where he can gain some muscle while learning to maintain the speed and effectiveness at what he does best.

That's a very good point, but I just personally believe they'll sign him. Hopefully he gets a couple games in with the Griffins at the end of this year. He's already a man among boys in terms of skill at the NCAA level and it may actually stunt his growth staying in the NCAA again. It'd be like if Crosby stayed in juniors an extra year to gain muscle, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you are displaying far superior skills than your peers.

That's a very good point, but I just personally believe they'll sign him. Hopefully he gets a couple games in with the Griffins at the end of this year. He's already a man among boys in terms of skill at the NCAA level and it may actually stunt his growth staying in the NCAA again. It'd be like if Crosby stayed in juniors an extra year to gain muscle, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you are displaying far superior skills than your peers.

True but that turd in Pittsturd had off the charts hockey sense, incredible skating speed and strength and is to this day a crazy competitive whack job. When scouts describe Nyquist in regards to those traits they say it's "fine" or "good," far from off the charts. Nyquist is really good right now. He's got 15 points in 12 games. But I don't think he's so good or such an exception that he'll without a doubt skip his fourth year.

Isn't this his last year? sophomore last season? or is it 4years total?

In Uhmerrica we gots foe year degreez.

True but that turd in Pittsturd had off the charts hockey sense, incredible skating speed and strength and is to this day a crazy competitive whack job. When scouts describe Nyquist in regards to those traits they say it's "fine" or "good," far from off the charts. Nyquist is really good right now. He's got 15 points in 12 games. But I don't think he's so good or such an exception that he'll without a doubt skip his fourth year.

In Uhmerrica we gots foe year degreez.

It was a comparison to get my point across. That point failed miserably apparently. Let's try this, Tatar said that the AHL showed him how much harder he needed to work on his physique and by watching players better than him and getting the advice of vastly superior trained athletic trainers than he has had, helped him to be a better hockey player. This is the same case for Nyquist at this point. Tatar's skills would have improved at a reduced rate if he went to play juniors because he was so much further along than what would be his peers. Nyquist would also be that further along than his peers next season, which is why i think he should be signed after his season is done this year and start his pro hockey career next season.

PS, it's Auhmericuh!!!! Truck yah!

Uh, no, just trying to be silly. And failing, apparently.

I laughed ha!

It was a comparison to get my point across. That point failed miserably apparently. Let's try this, Tatar said that the AHL showed him how much harder he needed to work on his physique and by watching players better than him and getting the advice of vastly superior trained athletic trainers than he has had, helped him to be a better hockey player. This is the same case for Nyquist at this point. Tatar's skills would have improved at a reduced rate if he went to play juniors because he was so much further along than what would be his peers. Nyquist would also be that further along than his peers next season, which is why i think he should be signed after his season is done this year and start his pro hockey career next season.

Good point about Tatar saying the AHL really challenged him to work on his weight. Maybe he would put on weight faster in the AHL. Whatever he and Kenny think is best will probably be the right answer. It wouldn't surprise me either way. I can't really say I favor one or the other for him.