Guest blueadams

Post-Modano lines?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

...I personally believe that Babs has just been waiting for an excuse to move Abby to third line center. I don't think he'll split up Pav and Hank.

Thoughts?

Abdelkader still struggles too much at faceoffs, which are very important for a puck possession team or should be for any team for that matter. I mean, sure, this year he is 36.4% with a sample size of 22 (8 wins) but last year he still wasn't too great with a 46.5% winning percentage.

How about

3rd line

Abby/Helm/Cleary

4th line

Miller/Draper/Eaves

Helm's a better skater and faceoff man than Abbs. and Helmer and Abby have looked really good when they're together.

I didn't forget about Huds, I just don't think he's good enough to play on this team right now.

How about

3rd line

Abby/Helm/Cleary

4th line

Miller/Draper/Eaves

Helm's a better skater and faceoff man than Abbs. and Helmer and Abby have looked really good when they're together.

I didn't forget about Huds, I just don't think he's good enough to play on this team right now.

I kind of like this idea to be honest.

Guest mindfly

No one knows how bad Draper will be with no preseason and being out for all 20games of the season...probably not very good...realistically speaking.

f*** that at least hudler has goal scoring potential. Cosidering we just lost a goal scorer to injury, why would you replace him with a guy like draper. Let Happy Huds get going :clap:

We did? Modano has 2 goals and 8 pts in 20 games. He's not exactly what you call a goal scorer anymore. I like Modano and hope he gets back in the lineup sooner than later but I don't think this injury changes the landscape of this team all that much.

I like these:

With Hudler in:

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Miller/Draper-Helm-Eaves

I think that Hudler will have greater success with fil and franzen just because they are more skilled players. I like abby, cleary and bertuzzi cause abby and cleary have good energy that complement each other, and bertuzzi is great around and creates chances. forth line speaks for itself

With Draper in:

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Draper-Eaves

I like the second much better. Helm has been great at creating chances this season, just doesn't have guys that could finish around him. Cleary is a guy that could certainly benefit from Helm creating space for him. That third line screams speed and grit. I love that third line. Forth line is a bit shady depending on how drapes returns.

No one knows how bad Draper will be with no preseason and being out for all 20games of the season...probably not very good...realistically speaking.

The key to my game was my first stride and my overall quickness. Once I lost my quickness advantage due to age and injury, my game went to hell. Unfortunately, you certainly could be right about Drapes.

Yeah, thats right; I'm comparing my wee little experience to Draper's situation in the NHL. :P

Maybe playing with Abby and Cleary will cure Hudler's laziness.

I mean, he'll see two North American boys actually working hard for pucks in the corner and going to the net, so he'll feel guilty if he doesn't do the same.

We can only hope. :rolleyes:

Nope he will just do what Mo does and let them do all the work.

I like these:

With Hudler in:

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Miller/Draper-Helm-Eaves

I think that Hudler will have greater success with fil and franzen just because they are more skilled players. I like abby, cleary and bertuzzi cause abby and cleary have good energy that complement each other, and bertuzzi is great around and creates chances. forth line speaks for itself

I'm not sure about that. When they put Bert back on that line after a few games on the 3rd line that combo of Flip-Mule-Bert clicked a lot more than with Hudler on that line.

Edited by dragonballgtz

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/red_wings_mike_modano_out_long.html

In regards to the forwards, they practiced yesterday with:

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

And on the PP, Hudler will man the right point for the 2nd unit: “It’s nothing new to me,” Hudler said. “You just have to make sure you don’t turn pucks over and think ‘shoot.’ Keep your head up and be smart with the puck.”

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/red_wings_mike_modano_out_long.html

In regards to the forwards, they practiced yesterday with:

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

And on the PP, Hudler will man the right point for the 2nd unit: “It’s nothing new to me,” Hudler said. “You just have to make sure you don’t turn pucks over and think ‘shoot.’ Keep your head up and be smart with the puck.

wait, this is hudler we're talking about, right?

Guest mindfly

Horrible idea with hudler on the point, i'm sure he will screw up and then with his slow legs it's a 100% clear break away for the other team.

Guest mindfly

For some reason it seems like it's been worse, but the Wings' PP is actually 7th in the NHL right now.

Maybe it's because when they don't score the PP is a disaster zone that spends 90% of the time meandering around the neutral and defensive zone; really feast or famine.

What has been s***ty on the pp recently is faceoffs and entry's, entry's used to be the wings' ace up the sleeve so to speak, movement and passing in the offensive zone on the powerplay is still very good though i must say.

Edited by mindfly