• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Tomas Tatar

Rate this topic

great news. had to work and missed the game. i know the grifs have had trouble scoring at times this year, so great to see such an output from guys like tatar and mursak that should have futures with the wings

the f*** happend? :ph34r:

He was drafted in 2009 with an A or A+ in pure talent, an A- in skating, a D in pedigree/background and an F in 'knowing how to be a professional hockey player' (which I'd give virtually every draft pick).

It shouldn't surprise you that at the age of 19 he had some struggles with being a consistent professional hockey player. No one from his (Red Wing) draft class is even playing pro hockey right now.

Tomas Tatar has shown flashes of brilliance during the World Juniors, the Prospects Tournament, training camp and even in the AHL.

Tonight's fricking amazing, though.

I was about to make a post about the game he's having when I noticed Aussie beat me to it.

Side note: Have you given up on RWC yet?

:lol: It's so bad. The entire board is basically just Go Wings arguing with people.

Tatar is one of my favorite prospects. I know he is compared to Hudler (well, the 08-09 Hudler) but I think his ceiling is so much higher than that.

Oh he definitely has a higher ceiling than Hudler. He's got Hudler's huge talent level but he's also an awesome skater, hard worker and a dedicated defensive player who can kill penalties. Add to that the fact that Tatar is bigger than Hudler (in height and width). It's too bad that Tatar isn't a taller guy because players with his talent and skating ability become monsters when they're taller than 6'1 (Tatar's about 5'10 or 5'11 depending on where you read his stats).

Edited by Drake_Marcus

:lol: It's so bad. The entire board is basically just Go Wings arguing with people.

Oh he definitely has a higher ceiling than Hudler. He's got Hudler's huge talent level but he's also an awesome skater, hard worker and a dedicated defensive player who can kill penalties. Add to that the fact that Tatar is bigger than Hudler (in height and width). It's too bad that Tatar isn't a taller guy because players with his talent and skating ability become monsters when they're taller than 6'1 (Tatar's about 5'10 or 5'11 depending on where you read his stats).

if he was taller he never would have made it to Detroit's pick though(even if we didn't trade down the first rounder and took him in the first) so meh

I think Mursak has higher upside that Tatar. Both great prospects though.

About time Fraser drew something up. I'm so sick and tired of his approach with his team. He has Vets>skill, although he tried to implement a skill game, hopefully tonight he realizes he needs the skill guys to be on the top line and not the AHL scrubs.

Tatar tied the record for most points in one AHL game.

Bust.... he couldn't even break the record...

About time Fraser drew something up. I'm so sick and tired of his approach with his team. He has Vets>skill, although he tried to implement a skill game, hopefully tonight he realizes he needs the skill guys to be on the top line and not the AHL scrubs.

Agree, I think we should trade him tonight while he still has value.

Sean Avery still available?

Agree, I think we should trade him tonight while he still has value.

Sean Avery still available?

I was thinking Anders Eriksson instead. Then maybe we could have a Ericsson-Eriksson pairing. Teammates can refer to them as C and K. Like Men in Black.

So what's the deal with Fraser? I don't follow the Griffins.

So what's the deal with Fraser? I don't follow the Griffins.

Well Konnan's Vets>Skill comment pretty much sums it up. He gives ice time to AHL vets who aren't very good on offense and some of them defense; ice time that should go to guys like Mursak, Tatar, etc.

Well Konnan's Vets>Skill comment pretty much sums it up. He gives ice time to AHL vets who aren't very good on offense and some of them defense; ice time that should go to guys like Mursak, Tatar, etc.

I'm surprised Kenny and the gang hasn't said anything if that is what is going on. I thought the plan was for those guys to get 20+ minutes each night...are they getting like 12 minutes?

I'm surprised Kenny and the gang hasn't said anything if that is what is going on. I thought the plan was for those guys to get 20+ minutes each night...are they getting like 12 minutes?

Tatar has been on the 3rd line most of the season. Playing with a defensive minded center, Andersson. I think Mursak gets top line minutes though.

Well no it's nothing like that. I'm not exactly sure about the TOI distribution. For the dmen I heard they still divide it up pretty evenly. As in 20 minutes for each, more or less.

To be honest, it's really hard to keep track of the lines Fraser puts out there. I don't necessarily watch EVERY game but the most consistent line I've seen that he has sent out there is Filppula-Emmerton-Mursak and today that line is long gone. In regards to the power play, sometimes Fraser would force out a unit with the likes of Janik-Pare-Minard-Johnson-Tardif. Or something like that. Not nearly as talented as something like a unit of Smith-Pyett-Filppula-Emmerton-Mursak, which would be the second unit that would get the last 30-35 seconds of a PP sometimes. Again, not something that has happened EVERY game, but it's still frustrating to see.

He's probably trying to get Minard and Johnson going offensively. These guys were supposed to be the veterans who produce at around a point per game and they're both at 8 or 9 points out of 21 games. Yikes.

Tatar has been on the 3rd line most of the season. Playing with a defensive minded center, Andersson. I think Mursak gets top line minutes though.

Hell if Tatar is playing 3rd line minutes lets bring him up. I would rather put up with his rookie mistakes and lower cap hit than seeing Hudler doing nothing with his big cap hit.