• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#321 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

Flip has been great at both ends lately. Hope it continues.

Yep, he got the message once Babs put Hudler on his line and showed him what it means to be worthless. Flip got the message and is playing great now.

#322 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

Great penalty killing tonight.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#323 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hey guys, missed the game, couple of quick questions if anyone feels like answering.

1. What where the lines, did the first original post turn out to be accurate? Looks like Hudler only played 10 minutes so I'm wondering where he ended up.

2. How did Abby look centering the third line, if indeed that's where he ended up playing?

#324 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,271 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, it looked like this for a lot of the game (though I may be mixing some up with PP units)

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Bertuzzi-Filpulla-Franzen
Cleary-Abdelkader-Hudler
Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart
Rafalski-Kronwall
Salei-Ericsson

I may be wrong about Stuart and Kronwall, I usually don't notice the D pairings quite as much unless it's really obvious.

They all worked well (not surprising).

Edited by VM1138, 28 November 2010 - 08:59 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#325 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Final score/game recap now in OP.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#326 plopster

plopster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:16 PM

How did the third line do?

Edited by plopster, 28 November 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#327 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Cleary had a strong game.

#328 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

It's great to see Filppula has been on this team for almost five years and people still can't spell his name :huh:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#329 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

It's great to see Filppula has been on this team for almost five years and people still can't spell his name :huh:

Valtteri Filppula.

Sound it out. Double the 4th letter. Works for both names.

Look how long it took for the Kronwall/Kronvall debate to be settled.

I still have trouble with Toews. It just never looks right.

The embarrassing one is when I'm thinking "Mac" and type "MacCarty".

Flip has been looking good. Hopefully he keeps it up. He is working well with Bert and Mule. I love it not only because it works, but because it keeps ZDH together.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#330 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

for filppula it's

titty peepee

#331 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

for filppula it's

titty peepee

Hmmm..... or teetee peepee. I acknowledge your attempt at humor though :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#332 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

Can anybody upload the Wings 5 on 3 kill? I know it wasn't against one of the better power plays in the league but it was still nice to watch.

#333 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:57 AM

Can anybody upload the Wings 5 on 3 kill? I know it wasn't against one of the better power plays in the league but it was still nice to watch.

I didn't get to see the game as I was forced to go see HP7, so I'd like to see the kill as well. Reading the comments from the CBJs board it sounded like it was a dismal effort on the BJs part.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#334 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

I didn't get to see the game as I was forced to go see HP7, so I'd like to see the kill as well. Reading the comments from the CBJs board it sounded like it was a dismal effort on the BJs part.

The effort on the BJs part was okay. It should've been a lot better considering the situation but sometimes teams freeze up during those moments. It's happened to the Wings as we all unfortunately know. <_<

EDIT: On the Wings part, though, they definitely did their part too. They got in the way of shots and made smart plays to get the puck out.

Edited by titanium2, 29 November 2010 - 02:12 AM.

#335 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:20 AM

Part of the 5 on 3. Best we can do for now until drumj's archive gets it up.

http://www.foxsports...lmqmKVGhc75X6PY

#336 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

I missed the Filppula goal, my wife got home from grocery shopping and went into labor. We heard the last of the game just before we left for the birthing center.

We brought home a beautiful little girl that my wife named Olivia Cleary Lowell. Happy Holidays my fellow Wings fans.

#337 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

I missed the Filppula goal, my wife got home from grocery shopping and went into labor. We heard the last of the game just before we left for the birthing center.

We brought home a beautiful little girl that my wife named Olivia Cleary Lowell. Happy Holidays my fellow Wings fans.

Congrats! :thumbup:

And Cleary? Get that from 'Dan Cleary'?

#338 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:06 AM

Awesome, congrats! :thumbup:

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#339 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

Speaking of Filppula...

Has anyone else noticed how he has scored his goals in pairs against the same team?

2 against CHI - same game 10/9
2 against EDM - separate games 11/5 & 11/11 (make a wish)
2 against CBJ - separate games 11/26 & 11/28

So... Does that mean it's only fair we should expect him to score again in about another month, more or less? Perhaps against the Blues, who the Wings play on 12/15 and 12/23?

#340 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

Beautiful name! Congratulations!

Sucks that you missed part of the game though. Just kidding :)

Speaking of Filppula...

Has anyone else noticed how he has scored his goals in pairs against the same team?

2 against CHI - same game 10/9
2 against EDM - separate games 11/5 & 11/11 (make a wish)
2 against CBJ - separate games 11/26 & 11/28

So... Does that mean it's only fair we should expect him to score again in about another month, more or less? Perhaps against the Blues, who the Wings play on 12/15 and 12/23?

I've been a little disappointed with Filppula's point production. I love that guy, and he totally deserves to be our second line center, I just wish more pucks would go in the net for him. He works his ass off, and contributes in many ways every game, but I feel like he's getting cheated :-p I hope he hits a mutli-game goal streak sometime this season.