• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#341 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

I wish filppula had the shot of his fellow countryman Selanne, filppula hardly ever snipes a shot, has he ever scored on a slapshot? it's mostly rebound-goals, open nets, backhands, close around the net-goals that he scores

Edited by mindfly, 29 November 2010 - 07:36 AM.

#342 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

I didn't get to see the game as I was forced to go see HP7, so I'd like to see the kill as well. Reading the comments from the CBJs board it sounded like it was a dismal effort on the BJs part.

#343 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:17 AM

I missed the Filppula goal, my wife got home from grocery shopping and went into labor. We heard the last of the game just before we left for the birthing center.

We brought home a beautiful little girl that my wife named Olivia Cleary Lowell. Happy Holidays my fellow Wings fans.

Congratulations and wishes for much happiness.

#344 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

I missed the Filppula goal, my wife got home from grocery shopping and went into labor. We heard the last of the game just before we left for the birthing center.

We brought home a beautiful little girl that my wife named Olivia Cleary Lowell. Happy Holidays my fellow Wings fans.

Congratulations! I like her name :) You could have waited for the game to end :P That reminded me of when I was with my sister and she was in labor, we were watching the Family Guy episode when they did Star Wars (I think, not a fan) but they both said "We'll wait until this is over and then go to the hospital" :lol: Good thing her labor wasn't progressing quickly.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#345 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

I wish filppula had the shot of his fellow countryman Selanne, filppula hardly ever snipes a shot, has he ever scored on a slapshot? it's mostly rebound-goals, open nets, backhands, close around the net-goals that he scores

With Filppula I think it all comes down to his confidence. Like Babs said last night, he thinks he's really good, he just has to convince Fil. He had a good but underutilized shot. The goal against Phoenix last year in the playoffs when he shot it from outside the circle on the boards was a snipe, but we rarely see that type of shot from him.

The better Filppula does, the better he is going to get. It's all confidence from him, he has all the tools.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#346 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

OMG congradulations!!! You should have made a poll so LGW could give her the middle name :P Olivia Bertuzzi Lowell, has a nice ring to it!

His first playoff goal ever has slapshot snipe over Kippers left shoulder far post.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#347 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

With Filppula I think it all comes down to his confidence. Like Babs said last night, he thinks he's really good, he just has to convince Fil. He had a good but underutilized shot. The goal against Phoenix last year in the playoffs when he shot it from outside the circle on the boards was a snipe, but we rarely see that type of shot from him.

The better Filppula does, the better he is going to get. It's all confidence from him, he has all the tools.

Every year we hear this. But Flip hasn't gotten any better. Sure, he's decent and he's not hurting the team, and the line he plays on is great, but I think it's safe to say he's hit a plateau in his career. This is as good as he gets.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#348 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

This is as good as he gets.

until april

#349 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! You guys rock. I guess I'll go ahead and introduce Olivia Cleary Lowell, not even a full day old yet. IF she gets a sister, it'll be Lilja Mae Lowell. Then we'll have Livs and Lils. Go Wings!

Jen (aka The Jenerator) and Little Livsey Clears.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who wouldn't wish that, but they are very different players. The sniping shot is one of the few things Filpp could really improve on.

Edited by T.Low, 29 November 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#350 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! You guys rock. I guess I'll go ahead and introduce Olivia Cleary Lowell, not even a full day old yet. IF she gets a sister, it'll be Lilja Mae Lowell. Then we'll have Livs and Lils. Go Wings!

Jen (aka The Jenerator) and Little Livsey Clears.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who wouldn't wish that, but they are very different players. The sniping shot is one of the few things Filpp could really improve on.

That Mae wouldn't happen to be inspired from the band Mae, would it? Also, Congrats!

#351 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

No kidding; Selanne is basically a Finnish Hudler with rocket skates. Filppula is FAR more comparable to Koivu, a two-way center with a significant tendency towards passing, than to Selanne, a skilled playmaker and scorer with defensive weakness.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#352 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

Selanne is basically a Finnish Hudler with rocket skates.

#353 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

Did Eva just compare a sure fire, first ballot hall of famer to Hudler, not Hudler to the HOFer, but the HOFer to Hudler?

Really?

C'mon man! Your man love for Hudler just got silly, just plain silly!

Ha ha ha, that is reeeeeee-DONK-ulous!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock