• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut2

Last night's jerseys

Rate this topic

message board or not, the "dumbing" down of our society drives me nuts and something as simple as poor grammar is part of it...

I ignore punctuation or typos on message boards for that exact reason, they're message boards, but the butchering of the English language (when it is someones first language) is like nails on a chalkboard...

there, they're and their

and

your and you're

are two of the most glaring examples of this...

500pxgrammarnaziicontex.png

wow u r so much smarder den us oder dum poster

ha ha jk i see what ur saying i guess. ill start pasting my posts on word so i can get those red and green lines to tell me what i did wrong. problem solved.

I think most browsers come with built in spell checkers...clutch...

I've always thought wearing white for home games was weird. Every team has a white jersey, you should be wearing your unique colours on home ice.

Every team did wear their color jersey at home back in the day. I think they switched to wearing whites at home during the 70's, not sure what the reason was. The NHL switched it back so that they could sell 3rd jerseys, which would be showcased at home games.

Most hockey fans now only remember it being whites at home, so lots of people like it that way better. Personally, I like the color uniform at home because, like you said, every team has a white jersey. I wish they'd just do away with the 3rd jerseys though, its simply a money grab and there really hasn't been a single one that I thought was good. That is, unless you count the Wing's or Blackhawk's Winter Classic jersey, but those aren't really 3rd jerseys.

Personally, I didn't mind it at all. In fact, I'm in favor of the NHL switching back to using the whites for home games.

Honestly, I don't see why we have a system. I like the full color jerseys for most teams. I like both of the Wings, though. I wouldn't mind seeing a red vs. blue Red Wings/Columbus game, for example. But I suppose having white vs. color is easier for refs.

Is English your first language? This is a real question, I'm not asking just to be a jerk...

Same here...

Ha, really? Well since this is a "real question" here's your answer...

No English actually is not my first language yet I still know how to speak and write it, and I am soooooo sorry to offend you and the butchering of your precious language.

Get over yourself it's a sports message board. I asked why the Jerseys worn were away, not to have an english lesson.

The way it stands now, every game is Red vs. White as opposed to White vs. Blue, Black, Green, etc.

My 11 yr old son said the same thing.:thumbup: I miss seeing the different road jerseys come here...and besides the good guys are supposed to wear white!

message board or not, the "dumbing" down of our society drives me nuts and something as simple as poor grammar is part of it...

I ignore punctuation or typos on message boards for that exact reason, they're message boards, but the butchering of the English language (when it is someones first language) is like nails on a chalkboard...

there, they're and their

and

your and you're

Off topic.

I do, however, agree yet have never aired my frustration.

On topic, I think the new jersey is boring and it was picked up on by Ken that, when Mickey commented that they look like an entirely different team in the new sweater, they were wearing Florida's Third. Reebok have little originality really if, by and large, if comes down to them to design them. They should stop trying to corner the marker in American sports and let another company make a jersey if a team wants them to. I prefer my CCM to my Reebok

Guest Stolberg
Reebok have little originality really if, by and large, if comes down to them to design them. They should stop trying to corner the marker in American sports and let another company make a jersey if a team wants them to. I prefer my CCM to my Reebok

reebok doesn't have much input into the design of the jerseys

and why would a company want big name competition in its market?

there, they're and their

and

your and you're

lmao get the f*** out of here troll

The only thing better than the Jackets new jerseys is their new mascot, directed at children.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Blue-Jackets-stand-up-for-their-new-phallic-masc?urn=nhl-290132&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edit: my apologies in advance if someone has already posted this somewhere else.

Edited by henrik40

reebok doesn't have much input into the design of the jerseys

and why would a company want big name competition in its market?

Revenue from manufacture sponsorship, if it went towards teams who chose their sweater manufacturer, would help to negate the onset of jersey sponsorship which is making its way onto NHL practice jerseys ( :( ) I probably didn't word the original comment very well, didn't mean that Reebok should let another company compete, but just the league shouldn't sell the rights to every teams jersey to one company. The teams should do it themselves and therefore have the opportunity to support companies that focus more/solely on hockey. Hope that's worded more coherently!

CCM is owned by Reebok, and has been since 2004.

Very true on that front, but as far as I know they still manufacture hockey equipment independently so why not jerseys along with skates and protective equipment?