• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/30 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

That's my way to look at it, once they are on a streak they start feel good about themselves and loose up a little, lose the game, reality check, back to basics, start winning again.

Oh, my. Another victim. ^^^

Wings dominate. 5-1 even though the Wings are shorthanded substantially more than the fish-boys.

Someone's gotta tell it like it is :D

That's my way to look at it, once they are on a streak they start feel good about themselves and loose up a little, lose the game, reality check, back to basics, start winning again.

Perhaps, but I think that Atlanta game is (hopefully) still fresh on their minds. Maybe our boys will be itching for a little payback from the playoffs. Here's to hoping the refs don't suck tonight.

lmao at opposition GDT! did anyone catch the "Vlasic list?" We should create the "Hudler list." Fans dont show much confidence either...

too bad im gonna have to bench nitty tonight in my fantasy league, starts are hard to come by in a 18 team league...

Edited by Din758

Like they haven't done that a handful of games already this season. Not only can a team not win 'em all, you can't expect to dominate *on the scoreboard and off* half as many with the talent at this level of the game.

Oh, I know- I just haven't been able to actually see them do it. Sorry, I should have been more accurate. I live in Ohio and with work and school, I haven't been able to see anything other than close, competitive games.

lmao at opposition GDT! did anyone catch the "Vlasic list?" We should create the "Hudler list." Fans dont show much confidence either...

too bad im gonna have to bench nitty tonight in my fantasy league, starts are hard to come by in a 18 team league...

Yeah, I caught the Vlasic list too, got a chuckle out of it.

Not sure what to think of this game. SJ isn't dominating the Pacific this year, though it seems Niittymaki is finally their guy in net and Niemi has been exposed as a sieve when playing behind a team that isn't as stacked.

Wings need to get this trip to the west coast off on the right foot. I'll say 3-2 Detroit, plus an empty netter.

The Sharks haven't gotten going yet this season, and are pretty banged up (4 or 5 call-ups in the line-up tonight, 3 of whom are on D). The Wings have been lights out all season and don't look like they've hit their stride yet.

These are usually the games I look forward to in the regular season, but tonight probably won't be the most exciting hockey going. Odds are heavily on the Wings and I don't know if the Sharks will even be able to make a game out of it. Which sucks - I'd much rather watch an exciting hockey game than a blowout any day of the week.

Guest mindfly

The Sharks haven't gotten going yet this season, and are pretty banged up (4 or 5 call-ups in the line-up tonight, 3 of whom are on D). The Wings have been lights out all season and don't look like they've hit their stride yet.

These are usually the games I look forward to in the regular season, but tonight probably won't be the most exciting hockey going. Odds are heavily on the Wings and I don't know if the Sharks will even be able to make a game out of it. Which sucks - I'd much rather watch an exciting hockey game than a blowout any day of the week.

I got orgasm by this beautiful complete blowout the other night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHo79uWCmNU

I would love a perfectly executed game for sure

Nice for the Sharks to face the wings this year. And glad to be back on here.

Sharks on the other hand has been way inconsistent. Its either Sharks get blown out, or the Sharks blow out the other team or the Sharks have a 2+ goal lead in the third and give up 2-3 goals in a few minutes.

Injury list for the Sharks: Demers, Wallin, Huskins, Seto.

The rookies have been good this year for us.

Should be a good game, I hope. I won't be watching; but I hope for fans sakes; it will be a good one to watch.

Any updates about the power failure?

Power failure at HP Pavilion puts status of Red Wings game against Sharks in question

Published: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 1:51 PM Updated: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 3:14 PM

userpic-1481-200x200.png Ansar Khan

Follow Share this story Story tools SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Officials at HP Pavilion are proceeding as if tonight's game between the Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks will be played, despite a power failure at the arena.

The cause of the outage has not been determined. Right now, the arena has limited auxiliary power. A few Sharks are skating on the dimly lit ice. Only a couple of Red Wings will skate.

32Share 13 Comments Red Wings coach Mike Babcock is confident the game will take place.

"We're going to play tonight at 7:30,'' Babcock said. "Pavel (Datsyuk) is convinced that just like in 'Bull Durham' Nick (Lidstrom) got into the building and got the skate canceled and he couldn't be happier. So every once in a while you get lucky as a player. You win the lottery, you don't have to get out there.''

Teams are simply treating it as a typical game day with an optional skate.

"I don't think this is a big deal,'' Babcock said. "We came here to do our prep, we haven't been able to do as much as we'd like to do, but we have lots of days where you have optionals, just like this. Guys got over here, get stretched, got their sticks ready to go and we'll be ready to go when the puck drops tonight.''

Lidstrom recalled the 1995 game between the Red Wings and Sharks in this building that was canceled due to flooding.

"We found out after our nap that they were going to cancel it,'' Lidstrom said. "We had to practice that night at their practice rink. Scotty (Bowman) was coaching.''

For now, players went through their usual gameday routines when not skating.

"When you have an optional skate, you ride the bike, you do your routine,'' Lidstrom said. "That's what most of the guys are doing, playing soccer and getting ready for the game tonight.''

If the game is postponed, there is no word on when it would be rescheduled. The Red Wings are off on Wednesday and Thursday before playing in Anaheim on Friday, but the Sharks start a five-game road trip Thursday in Ottawa.

If the game is played, Babcock said he'll go with the same lineup they used on Sunday. Joey MacDonald will dress as Jimmy Howard's backup, as Chris Osgood isn't ready yet.

This would be Detroit's lineup:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

Kindl (scratched)

Howard (starting)

MacDonald

The Sharks will start Antero Niitymaki in goal tonight but are missing three injured defresemen-- Niclas Wallin, Kent Huskins and Jason Demers. They will be replaced by Derek Joslin, Justin Braun and Mike Moore, recalled from Worcester (AHL).

If the game is postponed, the Red Wings will skate tonight at a nearby practice rink before flying to Anaheim.

Officials said they must have power restored by about 3:30 local time to play the game.

Nice for the Sharks to face the wings this year. And glad to be back on here.

Sharks on the other hand has been way inconsistent. Its either Sharks get blown out, or the Sharks blow out the other team or the Sharks have a 2+ goal lead in the third and give up 2-3 goals in a few minutes.

Injury list for the Sharks: Demers, Wallin, Huskins, Seto.

The rookies have been good this year for us.

Should be a good game, I hope. I won't be watching; but I hope for fans sakes; it will be a good one to watch.

Hey Sharkie, good to have you back :)

I do wonder how much the power issues are going to have affected ice quality by game time. Bad ice doesn't generally work to the Wings' favor.

They had said that the ice would not be affected unless the power was completely off for 6 to 8 hours. I believe that the emergency power negates that worry.

does anyone know what feed NHLNET is taking tonight? i hope it's FSN Detroit obviously but the San Jose guys are actually pretty darn decent.

i am pretty sure its SJ. earlier today, the NHL network was interviewing the color guy for SJ and said "look forward to hearing you call the game tonight on the NHL network"

does anyone know what feed NHLNET is taking tonight? i hope it's FSN Detroit obviously but the San Jose guys are actually pretty darn decent.

NHL Network is taking it last time I saw the commercial but it also said local blackouts apply, so idk.

Hey Sharkie, good to have you back :)

Good to hear from you too. I'm trying to watch the game, but I doubt it since I have accounting homework, and finals are coming up.

And I won't be surprised to see the redwings blowing the Sharks out of the water. THe Sharks have AHL defense, literally. Datysuk, Franzen and Zetterberg should school us in every fashion.