• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

ESPN: J-Ho no sophmore slump

Rate this topic

I realize everybody is clamouring for a sub 2.00 GAA and a .935 SV percentage but numbers like that are becoming rare over the course of a full season. Ultimately, all that matters are wins and as of right now Howard's wins per games started is 77.84 percent while Price sits at 60.90 percent.

Talk up Carey Price all you want, I'm content with Howard so far.

PERFECTLY stated.

I realize everybody is clamouring for a sub 2.00 GAA and a .935 SV percentage but numbers like that are becoming rare over the course of a full season. Ultimately, all that matters are wins and as of right now Howard's wins per games started is 77.84 percent while Price sits at 60.90 percent.

....and BOOM goes the dynamite!

Guest mindfly

I will join the howard fan club once he prove he can perform in the playoffs, he had like 2 good games against the yotes and zero good games against the sharks, that's it.

I will join the howard fan club once he prove he can perform in the playoffs, he had like 2 good games against the yotes and zero good games against the sharks, that's it.

Do you realize just how few rookies goaltenders play lights-out in their playoff debuts. Howard wasn't great by any stretch....but its not as if he was garbage either. If he s***'s the bed this year and possibly the next, then *for once* you'll have something legitimately talk about.

What's Price's playoff record?

Here, let me answer that for you -

Price:

GP / W / L / OT / Min. / GA / SA / GAA / PCT / SO / PIM / OTGA / OTW / SOS / SOG

19 / 5 / 11 / - / 1002 / 53 / 500 / 3.17 / .894 / 2 / 4 / - / - / - / -

Howard:

GP / W / L / OT / Min. / GA / SA / GAA / PCT / SO / PIM / OTGA / OTW / SOS / SOG

12 / 5 / 7 / - / 720 / 33 / 387 / 2.75 / .915 / 1 / - / - / - / - / -

Guest mindfly

What's Price's playoff record?

Well last year he didn't get a fair chance because of Halak and previous years montreal sucked

Well last year he didn't get a fair chance because of Halak and previous years montreal sucked

So you're giving him a free pass then? For the excuses or reasons you throw at in support for Price, people can do the same thing for Howard with reasons and excuses. It doesn't matter what the reasons are for either goalie, it is all subjective, which is why your over-the-top support for Price is just as ridiculous as your over-the-top disliking for Howard whenever Howard does well. You want to like Price, cool, nobody's stopping you and shouldn't have a problem with it, but expect to get these same reactions if you try to compare the two both largely pro for Price and con for Howard, because it (EDIT: your reasoning) makes absolutely no sense to anybody on here.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

+1

Howard has been a great net presence so far. But we all know how Ozzy made his staple in the playoffs. Hopefully, Jimmy will continue into the playoffs and be even better when the "beard fever" sets in.

Here, let me answer that for you -

Price:

19 / 5 / 11 / - / 1002 / 53 / 500 / 3.17 / .894 / 2 / 4 / - / - / - / -

Howard:

12 / 5 / 7 / - / 720 / 33 / 387 / 2.75 / .915 / 1 / - / - / - / - / -

I am a huge Howard fan but lets get real here. What was Howard's playoff record when he was Price's age? And Price has been playing for teams that are usually about 6-8th seed calibre.

I am a huge Howard fan but lets get real here. What was Howard's playoff record when he was Price's age? And Price has been playing for teams that are usually about 6-8th seed calibre.

Real about what? The numbers are what they are... as I already said earlier in this thread, I'm not saying Price is bad, I'm just doing exactly that, getting real here... mindfly likes to annoint Price the golden goose every chance he gets and I'm just pointing out the facts...

Real about what? The numbers are what they are... as I already said earlier in this thread, I'm not saying Price is bad, I'm just doing exactly that, getting real here... mindfly likes to annoint Price the golden goose every chance he gets and I'm just pointing out the facts...

I think its safe to say that with the Montreal crowd treating him the way he did, and the way he has responded as the sure fire number one, along with his age, Price will be the better goalie if he isn't already. I love Howards attitude and think he is a very good goalie in this league but Price will be better in the long run

I think its safe to say that with the Montreal crowd treating him the way he did, and the way he has responded as the sure fire number one, along with his age, Price will be the better goalie if he isn't already. I love Howards attitude and think he is a very good goalie in this league but Price will be better in the long run

Everyone thought the same thing about MAF and he's been le total suck. Maybe Howard will be the better goalie, maybe he won't.

Lots of goalies should have been good in the long run. As far as BOTH Jimmy and Price are concerned, they could both turn into the next Raycroft. A goalie who's good young doesn't always stay that way, and a goalie who has a terrible career can win a Vezina (Tim Thomas was a BACKUP for his whole career)

Guest mindfly

Price however got the physique and the most perfect crisp clear goalie technique in the whole game, as the nhl stands atm, price has a high chance of becoming something great.

Edited by mindfly

Price however got the physique and the most perfect crisp clear goalie technique in the whole game, as the nhl stands atm, price has a high chance of becoming something great.

and I'm sure you two will have beautiful children, but the real question is, will all of LGW be invited to the wedding?

Guest mindfly

and I'm sure you two will have beautiful children, but the real question is, will all of LGW be invited to the wedding?

I don't get the reference here? :blink:

Just stating facts, perhaps it's irritating hearing about it too often, i'll try to limit it as much as possible, same with crosby threads etc but imo it's just good so it's not too much howard-praise here when he really isn't THAT good...I still like howard 10 times more than osgood, just wish he could improve on the little things, stuff like stick-handling, rebound control and stepping up in the big games, but i will give him some more years to figure it out, always looking for perfection me...

Edited by mindfly

What he is getting at is even Carey Price wants you off of his nuts!

Howie is great for Detroit, they have made a history of taking very good goalies and winning it all as opposed to having the best in the league, btw no one said Howard was the best in the league in this thread. So your constant pointing out that someone is better is moot.

Is Price better, at the moment yes, what about last year?

Well let me help you there:

C. Price

GAA 2.77

SV% .912

In 39 starts

J. Howard

GAA 2.26

SV% .924

In 61 starts

Last season Howard was top 5 and a Calder candidate, this season, Carey Price is better right now, in his 24 starts.

However both will have about 60 starts by the end of the season, something Price has never done before, will he tire out, will he get stronger who knows.

What I do know is your constant negativity is annoying as all hell!

Edited by Opie