• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

His GAA and SV% would be hire if his team didn't leave him out to dry in the garbage time of games.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#42 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

His GAA and SV% would be hire if his team didn't leave him out to dry in the garbage time of games.

Such a common opinion around here, get a reality check around the league, carey price got a much worse team still he has a lot better numbers than howard, a goalie is allowed to be good and win games even if they defense on that particular night is sub-par, you know?

Edited by mindfly, 01 December 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#43 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

Montreal's not even doing that bad good, "much worse team" is a lil bit of a stretch ya think?

Hey guys, I figured out a way to get mindfly out of here... just post this picture:

Posted Image

and he'll go running to fap in the bathroom

It'll only last for about 2-10 minutes depending on how romantic he wants to get in his fantasies, but it's better than nothing!

Edited by scottj, 01 December 2010 - 09:39 PM.

#44 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

So is it more about Howard or Price? I have seen you around always wanting Price and wishing we traded for him... i don't get this sentiment. I believe price is a damn good goaltender too but he plays in a completely different system. I don't really want to go into the difference in systems and the different types of saves a goalie has to make in the systems because it will fall on deaf ears but there is a large difference.

#45 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

Such a common opinion around here, get a reality check around the league, carey price got a much worse team still he has a lot better numbers than howard, a goalie is allowed to be good and win games even if they defense on that particular night is sub-par, you know?

and boom goes the dynamite... you seriously need to let it go about Price...

Also, your logic is flawed - Montreal has played pretty well in front of him this year and he is actually facing less shots than Howard, averaged off of minutes played:

Jimmy also appears to be mentally stronger than Price (granted the jury is still out), but look at Price's down year and how he reacted to the media... Howard seems pretty damn good at letting things roll off his back thus far...

Howard:
Shots faced per minute: 2.08
GP / W / L / OT / Min. / GA / SA / GAA / PCT / SO / PIM / OTGA / OTW / SOS / SOG
18 / 14 / 2 / 2 / 1073 / 45 / 517 / 2.52 / .913 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 6 / 1

Price:
Shots faced per minute: 1.99
GP / W / L / OT / Min. / GA / SA / GAA / PCT / SO / PIM / OTGA / OTW / SOS / SOG
23 / 14 / 7 / 2 / 1383 / 47 / 696 / 2.04 / .932 / 4 / 0 / 2 / 1 / - / -

The fact of the matter is, I would rather have Howard in Detroit than Price and that is not to say he is a better goalie, but he damn well fits the city and the team better.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#46 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

and boom goes the dynamite... you seriously need to let it go about Price...

Also, your logic is flawed - Montreal has played pretty well in front of him this year and he is actually facing less shots than Howard, averaged off of minutes played:

Jimmy also appears to be mentally stronger than Price (granted the jury is still out), but look at Price's down year and how he reacted to the media... Howard seems pretty damn good at letting things roll off his back thus far...

Howard:
Shots faced per minute: 2.08
18 / 14 / 2 / 2 / 1073 / 45 / 517 / 2.52 / .913 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 3 / 6 / 1

Price:
Shots faced per minute: 1.99
23 / 14 / 7 / 2 / 1383 / 47 / 696 / 2.04 / .932 / 4 / 0 / 2 / 1 / - / -

The fact of the matter is, I would rather have Howard in Detroit than Price and that is not to say he is a better goalie, but he damn well fits the city and the team better.

BS, it's not even fair comparing the montreal media and pressure compared to detroit... it's a totally different game. I'm sure Howard would have been eaten alive if they had switched howard with price, playing with the thought.

Edited by mindfly, 02 December 2010 - 12:56 PM.

#47 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

BS, it's not even fair comparing the montreal media and pressure compared to detroit... it's a totally different game.

Coming from someone who doesn't live in Detroit and have you ever even been to Montreal?

I live in the metro Detroit area and have my whole life and I've spent a bit of time in Montreal for hockey tournaments and a senior trip for french class... and don't get me wrong, they are NOT easy on the Habs there, but if you HONESTLY think the Detroit media is ONE IOTA easier on the starting goalie here in Detroit, you have no idea what you're talking about... it's the oldest joke in the book here - the two best jobs in Detroit are the backup goalie for the Wings and the backup QB for the Lions...

EDIT - See CuJo.

I'm sure Howard would have been eaten alive if they had switched howard with price, playing with the thought.

To reply to your edit - to assume that is asinine.

Edited by stevkrause, 02 December 2010 - 01:03 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#48 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

The toughest job in pro sports is being the goalie for the habs, that's well known as far as i know.

Edited by mindfly, 02 December 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#49 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

The toughest job in pro sports is being the goalie for the habs, that's well known as far as i know.

according to Montreal...

Ask a NY Yankee closing pitcher and their fans how they feel about that, or a Dallas Cowboys QB and their fans, or an LA Lakers PG and their fans...

The job, the scrutiny, the media, nor the pressure is any easier here in Detroit... ask Tim Cheveldae, Glen Hanlon, Bob Essensa, etc...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#50 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

Such a common opinion around here, get a reality check around the league, carey price got a much worse team still he has a lot better numbers than howard

I realize everybody is clamouring for a sub 2.00 GAA and a .935 SV percentage but numbers like that are becoming rare over the course of a full season. Ultimately, all that matters are wins and as of right now Howard's wins per games started is 77.84 percent while Price sits at 60.90 percent.

Talk up Carey Price all you want, I'm content with Howard so far.

#51 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

I realize everybody is clamouring for a sub 2.00 GAA and a .935 SV percentage but numbers like that are becoming rare over the course of a full season. Ultimately, all that matters are wins and as of right now Howard's wins per games started is 77.84 percent while Price sits at 60.90 percent.

PERFECTLY stated.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#52 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

....and BOOM goes the dynamite!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#53 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

I will join the howard fan club once he prove he can perform in the playoffs, he had like 2 good games against the yotes and zero good games against the sharks, that's it.

#54 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

I will join the howard fan club once he prove he can perform in the playoffs, he had like 2 good games against the yotes and zero good games against the sharks, that's it.

What's Price's playoff record?

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#55 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

You make it sound as if Price has proved himself in the playoffs.

#56 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

Do you realize just how few rookies goaltenders play lights-out in their playoff debuts. Howard wasn't great by any stretch....but its not as if he was garbage either. If he s***'s the bed this year and possibly the next, then *for once* you'll have something legitimately talk about.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#57 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

Here, let me answer that for you -
Price:
19 / 5 / 11 / - / 1002 / 53 / 500 / 3.17 / .894 / 2 / 4 / - / - / - / -

Howard:
12 / 5 / 7 / - / 720 / 33 / 387 / 2.75 / .915 / 1 / - / - / - / - / -

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#58 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Well last year he didn't get a fair chance because of Halak and previous years montreal sucked

#59 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

Well last year he didn't get a fair chance because of Halak and previous years montreal sucked

So you're giving him a free pass then? For the excuses or reasons you throw at in support for Price, people can do the same thing for Howard with reasons and excuses. It doesn't matter what the reasons are for either goalie, it is all subjective, which is why your over-the-top support for Price is just as ridiculous as your over-the-top disliking for Howard whenever Howard does well. You want to like Price, cool, nobody's stopping you and shouldn't have a problem with it, but expect to get these same reactions if you try to compare the two both largely pro for Price and con for Howard, because it (EDIT: your reasoning) makes absolutely no sense to anybody on here.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 02 December 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#60 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

hahahahaha, okay...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here