• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

I realize everybody is clamouring for a sub 2.00 GAA and a .935 SV percentage but numbers like that are becoming rare over the course of a full season. Ultimately, all that matters are wins and as of right now Howard's wins per games started is 77.84 percent while Price sits at 60.90 percent.

Talk up Carey Price all you want, I'm content with Howard so far.

+1
Howard has been a great net presence so far. But we all know how Ozzy made his staple in the playoffs. Hopefully, Jimmy will continue into the playoffs and be even better when the "beard fever" sets in.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#62 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

Here, let me answer that for you -
Price:
GP / W / L / OT / Min. / GA / SA / GAA / PCT / SO / PIM / OTGA / OTW / SOS / SOG
19 / 5 / 11 / - / 1002 / 53 / 500 / 3.17 / .894 / 2 / 4 / - / - / - / -

Howard:
GP / W / L / OT / Min. / GA / SA / GAA / PCT / SO / PIM / OTGA / OTW / SOS / SOG
12 / 5 / 7 / - / 720 / 33 / 387 / 2.75 / .915 / 1 / - / - / - / - / -

I am a huge Howard fan but lets get real here. What was Howard's playoff record when he was Price's age? And Price has been playing for teams that are usually about 6-8th seed calibre.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#63 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

I am a huge Howard fan but lets get real here. What was Howard's playoff record when he was Price's age? And Price has been playing for teams that are usually about 6-8th seed calibre.

Real about what? The numbers are what they are... as I already said earlier in this thread, I'm not saying Price is bad, I'm just doing exactly that, getting real here... mindfly likes to annoint Price the golden goose every chance he gets and I'm just pointing out the facts...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#64 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

Real about what? The numbers are what they are... as I already said earlier in this thread, I'm not saying Price is bad, I'm just doing exactly that, getting real here... mindfly likes to annoint Price the golden goose every chance he gets and I'm just pointing out the facts...

I think its safe to say that with the Montreal crowd treating him the way he did, and the way he has responded as the sure fire number one, along with his age, Price will be the better goalie if he isn't already. I love Howards attitude and think he is a very good goalie in this league but Price will be better in the long run

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#65 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

I think its safe to say that with the Montreal crowd treating him the way he did, and the way he has responded as the sure fire number one, along with his age, Price will be the better goalie if he isn't already. I love Howards attitude and think he is a very good goalie in this league but Price will be better in the long run

Everyone thought the same thing about MAF and he's been le total suck. Maybe Howard will be the better goalie, maybe he won't.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#66 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

Lots of goalies should have been good in the long run. As far as BOTH Jimmy and Price are concerned, they could both turn into the next Raycroft. A goalie who's good young doesn't always stay that way, and a goalie who has a terrible career can win a Vezina (Tim Thomas was a BACKUP for his whole career)

#67 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:30 AM

Price however got the physique and the most perfect crisp clear goalie technique in the whole game, as the nhl stands atm, price has a high chance of becoming something great.

Edited by mindfly, 03 December 2010 - 05:30 AM.

#68 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Price however got the physique and the most perfect crisp clear goalie technique in the whole game, as the nhl stands atm, price has a high chance of becoming something great.

and I'm sure you two will have beautiful children, but the real question is, will all of LGW be invited to the wedding?

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#69 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

and I'm sure you two will have beautiful children, but the real question is, will all of LGW be invited to the wedding?

I don't get the reference here? :blink:
Just stating facts, perhaps it's irritating hearing about it too often, i'll try to limit it as much as possible, same with crosby threads etc but imo it's just good so it's not too much howard-praise here when he really isn't THAT good...I still like howard 10 times more than osgood, just wish he could improve on the little things, stuff like stick-handling, rebound control and stepping up in the big games, but i will give him some more years to figure it out, always looking for perfection me...

Edited by mindfly, 03 December 2010 - 09:58 AM.

#70 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

What he is getting at is even Carey Price wants you off of his nuts!

Howie is great for Detroit, they have made a history of taking very good goalies and winning it all as opposed to having the best in the league, btw no one said Howard was the best in the league in this thread. So your constant pointing out that someone is better is moot.

Is Price better, at the moment yes, what about last year?
Well let me help you there:
C. Price
GAA 2.77
SV% .912
In 39 starts

J. Howard
GAA 2.26
SV% .924
In 61 starts

Last season Howard was top 5 and a Calder candidate, this season, Carey Price is better right now, in his 24 starts.

However both will have about 60 starts by the end of the season, something Price has never done before, will he tire out, will he get stronger who knows.

What I do know is your constant negativity is annoying as all hell!

Edited by Opie, 03 December 2010 - 10:18 AM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock