• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doggy

All-Star Voting

Rate this topic

All-Star games, no matter if it's the NHL, Major League Baseball, the NBA, the NFL Pro Bowl, or minor-league sports, have always been and will always be a popularity contest and will have die-hard fans from all teams stuffing the ballot boxes with their favorite players. It's lame but it's not really a brand new stunning discovery.

Exactly. Sure I am biased about Wings players because I am a Wings fan but when I see players with bad seasons(Keith/Pronger) ahead of players like Nick, Liles, Byfuglien and Letang just talking about defense you know it is just a complete joke. Wings really don't get in often because we don't have players in the media every five seconds and we don't rely on one, two or three players for all our offense.

@NHL: If #NHLAllStar was held today: Crosby, Stamkos, Toews, Letang, Keith & Price would be your voted in players.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=546302&cmpid=nhl-rxl-twt

Seriously? Kris Letang? Article says Marc-Andre Fleury is second at the goaltender position, too. I know it's just a popularity contest, but damn. I didn't realize Eddie Olczyk had enough time on his hands to vote this much.

Who cares, the ASG is stupid anyway.

It's downright retarded that J-Ho didn't even have an official nomination while Niemi and Fleury did. Not that I'd expect him to play in the game but he sure deserves a better shot at it. Good to see so many write-in votes for him.

What's even more of a travesty is that Carey Price is not on the official ballot even.

I'm still hoping that Staal gets picked as captain since it's in Raleigh. Hell, anybody but Crybaby 87 and Ovechkin.

Yea it would really suck to have arguably the best 2 players in the world as the captains.

Yea it would really suck to have arguably the best 2 players in the world as the captains.

you mean Kris f* Letang and Marc-Andre Flurry...? :)

jesus... why not 5 teams to give Kunitz a chance to be a captain. heck, make it 20 so that

all players on this team get a chance... :hehe:

Edited by akustyk

When did I say anything about Datsyuk?

Go watch the Pittsburgh Classic if you want to watch them.

What if Datsyuk and Lidstrom were the captains and they got to pick the players? Brains versus Brains. Who would have dibs on Zetterberg?

2011 Winter Classic round 2...yeah that would be fun to watch.

Actually I'd like to see Crosby a captain anyway just to see how many non-Pittsburgh players that actually respect him being their captain, even for just a game.