• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manoir

Thieves steal from Pat Burns' widow's car

Rate this topic

Just don't get how humans can do stuff like this.

http://beta.ca.news.yahoo.com/during-pat-burns-funeral-someone-smashed-widows-car.html

MONTREAL - Thieves knew exactly whose belongings they were stealing when they ransacked the car belonging to Pat Burns' widow within hours of the popular coach's funeral, police said Tuesday.

About 30 autographed hockey sweaters from Burns' personal collection and numerous family valuables were taken in the robbery, which was discovered by Burns' wife Line on Tuesday morning.

"They went through his stuff," said Const. Anie Lemieux of the Montreal police, noting Burns' wallet was in the car.

"The person who left with the shirts and everything knows that this is Pat Burns' stuff."

Burns' cousin Robin, who delivered a eulogy at Monday's funeral, called the crime "deplorable."

Burns, an award-winning coach of the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils, died after a lengthy battle with cancer.

At his funeral, people remembered the gruff ex-cop as a tough but fair man who cared about his players and knew how to motivate them.

Police say they will launch a public appeal to the thieves, asking them to leave the stolen items in an agreed-upon spot where they could be recovered.

The crime was committed between midnight and 9 a.m. Tuesday. The Burns clan and numerous family friends had attended a wake in a downtown bar Monday night, after the funeral.

The stolen items include:

—Thirty jerseys signed by star players from each NHL team.

—Two suitcases containing Burns' clothes, and those of his wife.

—A Movado men's watch.

—Many family photos.

—Bedsheets from the palliative-care unit.

—An iPad.

—Women's jewelry.

While I am in no way blaming Mrs Burns. The cop part in Mr. Burns would slap her silly for leaving the stuff in the car. She should be able to expect that her belongings would be safe in a locked car. But not in this day. You can not leave any thing of value in your car. She provided the opportunity, that otherwise would not have been there had she secured that property in an other way. Its a sad society that we live in these days. Sorry to say, almost no one can be trusted. Never ever leave your valuables in the car.

Edited by Blood On The Ice

Guest Stolberg

Maybe laughed at how disgusting people can be? They should put together a team of all the former enforcers Pat Burns coached to find this thief/thieves.

laughing at:

leaving 30 signed jerseys in a car

someone actually stealing them

hyperbolic reactions from people

i think it was completely irresponsible of her to leave s*** like that inside of her car. especially overnight.

people break into cars all the time, often just for an mp3 player or loose change and cigarettes.

i'm sure the thieves expected some form of big dollar item out of whatever classy ride she has, and they probably didn't expect to score the level of stuff that they did.

its completely possible that it was a random break in too...

Only in Montreal.

That's pretty sad to laugh at this. Did you ever think that she got all these items, put it in her car and was grieving too much to grab them out of her car? hell, when I'd get back from college, I'd leave my stuff in my car overnight because it takes a lot of work to unload all your items by yourself.

Also, I'd love to see all of you condemning this women for leaving this stuff in her vehicle overnight to carry in all those items by yourself right after your spouses' funeral. Shame on you.

i think it was completely irresponsible of her to leave s*** like that inside of her car. especially overnight.

people break into cars all the time, often just for an mp3 player or loose change and cigarettes.

i'm sure the thieves expected some form of big dollar item out of whatever classy ride she has, and they probably didn't expect to score the level of stuff that they did.

its completely possible that it was a random break in too...

It was only a couple of hours

And whoever broke into the car knew exactly what was in there

Outta curiosity what was the Mrs doing with sheets from the pallative care unit?

Either way it's pretty sad that some people have absolutely no morals.

As I understand it, the sheets etc. were his personal items that he had at the hospital with him. She was just taking them home.

Sad. Even out here we're starting to have to lock our doors. I never thought I'd live to see that happen.

Guest Stolberg

Sad. Even out here we're starting to have to lock our doors. I never thought I'd live to see that happen.

oh the horror

societal collapse right in front of my eyes

oh the horror

societal collapse right in front of my eyes

Yeah, I guess you're right. There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking other people's things. There is no right or wrong; there is only power and those too weak to seek it.