• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Schedule

Rate this topic

I don't know if I just don't pay attention to the dates enough, but to me 4 Back to Back games seems like an awful lot for just one month. I find that really odd especially because of the fact our biggest rest this month is two days and that only happens twice? Im guessing thats how Chicago's schedule was for the first quarter of the season...

crash

Guest mindfly

The back-to-back game with colorado will be the toughest one i think, right after christmas and colorado is the team that has played the best against the wings so far

The back-to-back game with colorado will be the toughest one i think, right after christmas and colorado is the team that has played the best against the wings so far

Not to mention their style of play. They're a young team that likes to play a fast, up-and-down the ice style of game. That makes things difficult on a veteran team such as Detroit on the back-end of B2B games.

The other thing that makes it harder is our back to backs all involve a decent amount of travel except for the first one... What I would do to play in the east where a team like Philly can bus it to at least 4 arenas, maybe 5.

Crash

Philly doesn't bus it. Why would they? By those standards the Wings could bus it to two or three arenas.

Usually there is a 2 day rest after back to back games, but i just took a quick look, looks like most of them are 1 day rest. well glad the wings wrapped up the points while they did. gonna be tough. hopefully they continue finding ways to win.

In my opinion the worse case scenario for this month is a .500 record. I'm guessing our winning percentage will be roughly .600 for December, as opposed to the .727 we've been enjoying so far.

Lets go Red Wings!

edit: I don't believe in points percentage, no matter how practical it is lol. I used winning percentage in my post.

Edited by RedWingedKitten

Philly doesn't bus it. Why would they? By those standards the Wings could bus it to two or three arenas.

So they take a flight to NJ? I think your missing the point. The farthest team in there conference is Pittsburgh which is a whopping 5 hour drive. The other 3 are all within two hours driving distance and Washington is just as close. I'd take that road trip for a double header any day of the week. Im stating the fact that our double headers consist of Montreal to New Jersey, Vancouver to St. Louis and Minnesota to Colorado. Im not saying that there is anything wrong about it.. Just plain old sucks and wears on you.

crash

Sorry my bad... Detroit to Nj and then Detroit to St. Louis...

Edited by Crashnburnluder