Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

We're doomed! DOOOOMED!!! :rolleyes:

#22 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

J-Ho just needs a rest. He's on pace for over 65 games and 50 wins. As long as a warm body is in net giving Jimmy a break I'm ok with it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#23 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thank god the offense is clicking. 8-7 ftw.

(this is no fun without the neg button) :(

Edited by Broken 16, 01 December 2010 - 07:39 PM.

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

I have faith in Ozzie but this has disaster written all over it. Back-to-back. Haven't played for a while...this could kill his confidence and his chance to restablish himself.

Edited by VM1138, 01 December 2010 - 08:52 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Yeah I prefer Ozzie get an easier game to build his confidence back. I mean, the Kings? That's a really good team there. If they have to lose I'd rather have Jimmy play the back to back than have Osgood lose in his first game and have a setback mentally and emotionally.

#26 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

Here is to hoping he does well, and doubting he is going to.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

I wonder how babcock is thinking around this, probably something like "well, howard has gotta rest, we got a good record, it's a back-to-back game with probably at best 75-25 in anaheims favour of them winning with osgood in during these circumstances, but we have to gamle."

#28 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

Well thats a loss for Saturday.

And don't be optimistic saying it wont be.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#29 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:07 PM

I don't feel too good about this coming weekend for the Wings.

Like I said in the SJ GDT, the Wings have not won their first game in Anaheim for a while now. The Ducks have lost twice in a row to the Wings, with the latter starting all kinds drama that today probably provides the Ducks with more emotional salience and motivation to win. When you combine the fact that the Wings usually start games fairly slow with the other factor that the Ducks are in their own building and will probably charge right out of the gate with lots of energy and physical play, well, personally I'd be ecstatic if the Wings can even squeeze out one point out of that game. If the Wings don't have a good start then they'll probably have to play from behind for the whole game. They'll probably get better as the game goes on but I'm thinking it won't be enough to get two points.

Then you got LA, who have lost four in a row but they are 8-2-0 at home. They're too good of a team to let this losing streak go on. You got Ozzie coming back from an injury and he is nowhere near game shape. He needs to start slow in order to build his confidence back, which is something that the Wings probably shouldn't mess with against a team like LA. I feel the same way as many other in this thread. For Osgood, it's not a setup for success. It seems likely that we'll see some goals against Ozzie that he probably would've stopped if he was in a better rhythm; goals in the first period that will make the Wings play another game from behind.

The Wings got their work cut out for them this weekend for sure. They'll definitely need some luck too.

#30 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

LA hasn't been able to score much lately though, so let's hope that trend continues.

I'll be at the game! Super Pumped!

#31 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

We're doomed! DOOOOMED!!! :rolleyes:

We're not doomed. I just don't think we should expect too much out of the Wings for this weekend.

#32 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:15 PM

I'm expecting some rust on Ozzie, and the game may be more challenging, but my expectation is not perfection for a guy who has played a handful of games in as many months. I'm cutting him some big slack for Saturday's game. And all I have to say is I'd rather get him started now in a rotation than wait until March like last year and wear Jimmy out (although he has the stamina of a bull). If we lose, we lose. If we win, even better. The overall benefits far outweigh the negatives.

I agree with all this ^^^ He needs to get some games played now that he's healthy I hope that Babcock starts working a rotation. As much as I love Osgood, I know he's not going to play a lot of games but Jimmy does need some rest.

I have faith in Ozzie but this has disaster written all over it. Back-to-back. Haven't played for a while...this could kill his confidence and his chance to restablish himself.

He'll be fine, even if the game is a loss. The entire team is usually the cause of a loss, not just the goalie and Ozzie knows this.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#33 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

I will be there Saturday and during the warm ups I think a Ozzie chant is in store for the red wings as they come out of the tunnel :). I will back whoever is in goal, Osgood has done a lot for this organization over the years. He may be rusty, but he has my support.

Edited by stuck in socal, 01 December 2010 - 10:33 PM.

Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#34 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

He'll be fine, even if the game is a loss. The entire team is usually the cause of a loss, not just the goalie and Ozzie knows this.

Yeah, of all the goalies out there, Ozzie seems to be one of the ones most able to roll with the punches and not internalize losses badly. I know sometimes that is frustrating to fans, when there's a bad loss and he's just shaking it off, but that's got to be better for a goalie's mental longevity than a long rant about self-blame.

Oh, and also: OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE! :D

Edited by Jenny, 01 December 2010 - 10:26 PM.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#35 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

ozzie will be fine. I expect 1 goal that he should have had, other than that, he'll do fine.

#36 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

"Ozzie will be rusty, Jimmy should start."

"Don't start him, he'll be rusty and we'll lose!"

"He's probably too rusty."

"After all that time off he's probably built up some rust, J-Ho should probably be in net."

Yeah...because sitting on the bench helps you not be rusty.

Play Ozzie. He doesn't have elite numbers, but he's had some damn good games this year. Yes he's coming back from injury, but ya gotta play sometime.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#37 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:39 AM

i have confidence in osgood :)

#38 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

Well since Mindfly ALWAYS predicts a loss or at least is always negative, we would be 0-22 if he was right.

well since you guys always predict a win we would be 82-0 when the season ends
Posted Image

#39 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:31 AM

Good news, I'm looking forward to Ozzie getting his 400th win!

Thankyou, some positivity :thumbup:

I'm nervous about it too, but he's gotta play sometime. I'm not so concerned about the B2B, its only down the road from Anaheim. Its not like they're going from Minnesota to Colorado like later in the month.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#40 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

The only predictions that come true are mindfly's.

:lol:

Only 2 more wins for Ozzy to reach 400. I really hope he can get to 399 on Saturday. :clap:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft