• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

I guess it's understandable, but I had no idea the hatred for Bert was still that prevalent. I seems that most would cool off about it now.

Check it out: http://www.nbcsports...com/id/40118770

Funny that Avery and Pronger got nods.

I was very surprised to see that Crosby wasn't on there.

Posted Image

#2 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

I have a hard time thinking of another person besides Matt Cooke that should be the most hated player in the NHL today.

#3 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

Um, why the hell is Phil Mickelson on that this? :unsure:

#4 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

Why isn't Keith Hernandez on the list?

#5 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

As far as the NHL goes, the guys that seem the most hated are guys like:

Sean Avery
Matt Cooke
Jarkko Ruutu
Sidney Crosby

PK Subban is a guy that seems to be getting some hatred, like with the Mike Richards episode. Bertuzzi doesn't seem to be anywhere as hated as he used to be right after the incident.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#6 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

You can usually separate the logical fans from the troglodytes by their opinions on Bertuzzi.

#7 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

he deserves the hate he gets. im surprised cooke isnt on there too, seems like most people on the list are actually talented so that would explain him not being there.

#8 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

I do hate Sean Avery. Not as much as Cooke but Avery is a pretty big scumbag as well. The whole Jason Blake thing was just low.

I do hate Pronger... At the same time, I wonder how much I really hate a player when I'd love to have them on my own team. Avery and Cooke are guys I don't ever want on my team. I can't say that about Pronger. In my eyes he and Nick on the same pair would be the ultimate dman combo in today's game.

#9 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

I actually rarely hear Burtuzzi's name come up as a hated athlete. With his public apologies regarding "the incident" and severe suspension, I think most people who know about what happened (aka more than just the casual hockey fan) are willing to forgive him.

Bert is probably still hated in Colorado, but that's a given. We as Wings fans will forever hate Claude Lemieux, and he didn't end Draper's career.

#10 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

he deserves the hate he gets. im surprised cooke isnt on there too, seems like most people on the list are actually talented so that would explain him not being there.

Zinggggg.

That list is pretty cruddy. A lot of those people are just tools, but not hated.

I actually rarely hear Burtuzzi's name come up as a hated athlete. With his public apologies regarding "the incident" and severe suspension, I think most people who know about what happened (aka more than just the casual hockey fan) are willing to forgive him.

Bert is probably still hated in Colorado, but that's a given. We as Wings fans will forever hate Claude Lemieux, and he didn't end Draper's career.

I don't hate Lemieux, he was a damn good player. I hated him maybe a decade ago, but not anymore, I have much respect for him.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#11 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

Forward Sean Avery, whom the Wings traded to Los Angeles last season, was asked before the game why he was wearing No. 19, the same number as Yzerman.

'It's the tribute to Mr. Yzerman's last year in the NHL, the swan song, the stick-collecting tour,' Avery said with a smirk.

When Yzerman heard that after the game, he smiled and said of Avery, 'He may lead the league in quotes this year.'

Yzerman burns are the best.

#12 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

Zinggggg.

That list is pretty cruddy. A lot of those people are just tools, but not hated.

I don't hate Lemieux, he was a damn good player. I hated him maybe a decade ago, but not anymore, I have much respect for him.

A good player, but a dirty one. I have a hard time respecting him.

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

We as Wings fans will forever hate Claude Lemieux, and he didn't end Draper's career.

I don't hate Claude anymore. He got the snot beaten out of him, and his team later on got eliminated in the playoffs.

#14 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

I wonder why Crosby isn't on there. He certainly is hated by a lot of people.

Oh, it's NBC. :lol:

Posted Image

#15 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

Funny thing to the Colorado situation.. depending on which fans you talk to, some are totally cool with Bert now. My mom's a diehard Avs fan and she's got absolutely no problem with Big Bert. He's done his penance, and that was enough. But she sees the incident differently than most Avs fans I think :P

#16 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

I don't hate Claude anymore. He got the snot beaten out of him, and his team later on got eliminated in the playoffs.

Yes, he did, and it never gets old lol :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ilPuCfw0_0

#17 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

is closer to ten more hated or less?
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#18 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:51 AM

I'm not a Yankees fan, but I must say I do not hate Jeter in anyway (although some of the things he does get like All Star game starts are becoming more and more novelty now)

Edited by MotorCityMadness, 02 December 2010 - 02:52 AM.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#19 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

Hey I'm not going to lie, I hate Bert. I can't believe we let him wear the winged wheel. I didn't like him before he came, I didn't like him when he left, and I still don't like him now that he is back.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#20 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

As far as the NHL goes, the guys that seem the most hated are guys like:

Sean Avery
Matt Cooke
Jarkko Ruutu
Sidney Crosby

PK Subban is a guy that seems to be getting some hatred, like with the Mike Richards episode. Bertuzzi doesn't seem to be anywhere as hated as he used to be right after the incident.

You wouldn't think it, but Ovechkin has a pretty big hate following too. I noticed this when watching videos on Youtube. I'm pretty sure though that most of the Ovechkin haters, are actually just Crosby fans.

Was watching Datsyuk videos, and found he had a few haters too. I wasn't even mad. It actually made me smile :)

I don't know if it's just me or not, but I freaking LOVE when people hate on the Wings. It's the same feeling I get when an ex-girlfriend tries to get back with me. That feeling of "OH yeah, you know you love it."

As far as Bert, I can see why he was hated during his stint with Vancouver, but lets be honest. That dude has completely reinvented himself, especially this year. Bertuzzi v2010, is not even close to the same man he use to be. Thankfully, his v2010 is pretty good in it's own way :)

Hey I'm not going to lie, I hate Bert. I can't believe we let him wear the winged wheel. I didn't like him before he came, I didn't like him when he left, and I still don't like him now that he is back.

You must be lost. Let me point you in the right direction.

http://www.sidneycrosbyfans.info/