• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zombi

Bert: (One of) the most hated athletes.

Rate this topic

Bertuzzi is a good player and I can deal with him being on the Wings. I still don't like him.

What many of you have forgotten about the Moore incident is that Bertuzzi ignored his coach and stayed on the ice when he was supposed to have left for a line change, so that he could be on the ice with Moore. He then followed Moore around the ice trying to instigate a fight, while Moore ignored him and tried to stay with the play. Bertuzzi got frustrated, punched Moore in the back of the head, and drove him face first into the ice.

None of that involves anyone other than Bertuzzi. It's not "the code" unless that changed from having to face fists if you threw a dirty hit to actually having to get injured; Moore had already fought in retaliation for the Naslund hit.

Even given all of this, Heatley deserves more hate. He was driving intoxicated, through a residential area, and was going 50 mph over the speed limit. He was going so fast that his car hit an iron gate and SPLIT IN HALF. Dan Snyder, his teammate and passenger, was ejected from the car; he fell into a coma and later died. Heatley served three years probation as part of a plea bargain in which he plead guilty to second-degree vehicular homicide, driving too fast for condition, failure to maintain a lane and speeding. He is technically a convicted murderer, and rightfully so.

Eva you dont seem to know much about this kind of stuff. First of all, he fought Matt Cooke, you think everyone on the Couver bench thought that was retribution enough after Moore continued slashing and chirping the whole game. The way he played that game alone he should've fought someone, let a lone after his hit on Naslund the game before.

Moore should have faced him like a man, you wanna throw head shots at a 50 goal scorer and captain youre going to have to man up, especially if youre playing like a cheap pos the next game.

And I hate when people say Bert drove his head in the ice, he fell on top of him because Moore fell too. Bertuzzi was on one of the most dominant lines in the league with Naslund and Bert was a mean poiwer forward, he was obviously going to do something for his line mate. Just like Mac did for his long time linemate Draper. Sure Bert suckered him but Moore was just like a Matt Cooke and I always see people on here saying they wouldn't mindhis career ended.

Eva you dont seem to know much about this kind of stuff. First of all, he fought Matt Cooke, you think everyone on the Couver bench thought that was retribution enough after Moore continued slashing and chirping the whole game. The way he played that game alone he should've fought someone, let a lone after his hit on Naslund the game before.

Moore should have faced him like a man, you wanna throw head shots at a 50 goal scorer and captain youre going to have to man up, especially if youre playing like a cheap pos the next game.

And I hate when people say Bert drove his head in the ice, he fell on top of him because Moore fell too. Bertuzzi was on one of the most dominant lines in the league with Naslund and Bert was a mean poiwer forward, he was obviously going to do something for his line mate. Just like Mac did for his long time linemate Draper. Sure Bert suckered him but Moore was just like a Matt Cooke and I always see people on here saying they wouldn't mindhis career ended.

When you mean cheap pos; you mean like punching a guy in the back of the head? Oh wait, he was on a dominant line, and he is Bert so that isn't a cheap shot at all. In fact let's relish in his glory of being such a stand up player his entire career.

Bert fell because Moore did? That's BS. Also, Bert slugged Moore with his right hand, and then grabbed his head with his left and forced him face-first into the ice surface.

A good video that shows a couple different angles of the hit, and also shows the fact that Moore's hit on Naslund was not some dirty Marchment-style knee-hunting, but rather a race for the puck:

Bertuzzi is a good player and I can deal with him being on the Wings. I still don't like him.

What many of you have forgotten about the Moore incident is that Bertuzzi ignored his coach and stayed on the ice when he was supposed to have left for a line change, so that he could be on the ice with Moore. He then followed Moore around the ice trying to instigate a fight, while Moore ignored him and tried to stay with the play. Bertuzzi got frustrated, punched Moore in the back of the head, and drove him face first into the ice.

While it is not in the forefront of my mind when i watch Todd bertuzzi these days, I really don't think anyone has forgotten that, it was played over and over again and talked about and talked about over and over again for a long time. I've always seen Bertuzzi as one of those guys that thinks too much and thinks too slow for as much as he thinks. Wether it's trying to get a sleeze bag to fight with him, sitting in a post game interview after a loss, or making a pass. He definitely plays his best when he just plays and let's his instincts take over. He's a natural talent, but he's not a clear thinker.

And yeah, Gordie How Hatrick; if you can't discern a difference in Vick's case and Bertuzzi's case...oh well.

Edited by T.Low

Right so I can Punch you in the back of the head, and drive your face into the ice, ruin your career, and be good to go in your book so long as I'm sorry and don't run a dog fighting ring?

Right...

i think most people forgive him because hes a red wing and helping us. same thing would happen if heatley started playing for the wings..

I suppose that Barton has got to be up there. Apart from the cigar in the eye, he's seriously assaulted a teenager in a McDonald's at around three in the morning, injured a few players on the pitch, and I believe that his half-brother is a racist axe-murderer.

Fortunately, there are no rugby players on that list, as it is a sport of hooligan's played by gentlement ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rugby_union_incidents

I don't hate Bert. I don't hate Sean Avery - only because that is exactly what he wants.

Joey Barton - Newcastle United: Hated by many for his off-field conduct, which includes once sticking a cigar in the eye of an opposing player, resulting in permanent eye damage.

Wow talk about a DB

He's one of those guys that would probably be in jail if he didn't have professional soccer to keep him in order. I like him as a player but he tends to do stupid s*** when he gets excited. This is what he did a few weeks ago, resulting in a three-match suspension:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9AfwVuttS4&feature=related

i think most people forgive him because hes a red wing and helping us. same thing would happen if heatley started playing for the wings..

Maybe for some, but not all. Going back to the Vick example - I'm a Lions fan (yeah, I know) and if they decided to pick up Vick I'd be very angry as a fan, and rightfully so.

To the people who hate Bert... his hit was the exact same as when McCarty punched Lemieux. Blind side, punch to the back of the head, and then Lemieux fell. The only difference is that Lemieux's neck didn't break because the whole Avs team didn't jump on McCarty.

Edited by Shady Ultima

i would of said that avery would be most hated. a lot of people seem to hate the guy. i personally have been a fan since he was a wing. sure he has issues, but the guy can play hockey.

The moron made fun of Jason Blake because he had cancer. If that's not a reason to hate a guy I don't know what is. I mean, really, how do you like a guy after something like that? The dude is lowwww.

To the people who hate Bert... his hit was the exact same as when McCarty punched Lemieux. Blind side, punch to the back of the head, and then Lemieux fell. The only difference is that Lemieux's neck didn't break because the whole Avs team didn't jump on McCarty.

This.

I've seen the clip dozens, probably hundreds of times since the incident and I honestly believe his neck was broken during the initial second or so of the pile on. (though, obviously that could be wrong, nobody will ever know, but that is what it looked like to me)

It makes me think of that hit Kronwall put on Havlat that KO'd him. The Hawks were so blinded with rage and looking to get vengeance that they totally forgot their teammate was laying there at their feet on the ice, unconscious and unable to move, and they damn near cut his neck open with their skate blades trying to fight and go after the Wings.

Edited by sleepwalker

When you mean cheap pos; you mean like punching a guy in the back of the head? Oh wait, he was on a dominant line, and he is Bert so that isn't a cheap shot at all. In fact let's relish in his glory of being such a stand up player his entire career.

A cheap play is different then a cheap player. Moore took rpide in playing like that, Bert was not a dirty player at all before that one single play. If he was a repeat offender I would call him a cheap pos but if its a one time thing its likely thats not how he normally is and the result was a freak accident.

Meh he ended a guys career ya, but it was guy who didn't deserve to have a career the way he played. Bert was sticking up for his captain against a little cheap shot artist who was skating arond running guys after the fact that he hit Naslund like that.

But go ahead and call Bert a cheap pos, I'm sure you have abetter view of the play up there on your high horse

This.

I've seen the clip dozens, probably hundreds of times since the incident and I honestly believe his neck was broken during the initial second or so of the pile on. (though, obviously that could be wrong, nobody will ever know, but that is what it looked like to me)

Bert was laying on Moore's back. The top of Bert's head does not reach past the middle of Moore's head. The Avs players pile on Bert's back.

Where do you get the idea that the pile on broke Moore's neck? The laws of physics certainly disagree with you.