• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GSBrooks13

TSN Poll - Best Player In NHL Right Now

Rate this topic

I know its not much but I was looking at the TSN NHL page and noticed their poll for the best player in the NHL right now. Normally I expect to see Wings players get passed over and not mentioned, so I was pleasantly surprised to see Lidstrom mentioned on the list... Until I noticed that they spelled his name wrong. They have it listed as Nik Lidstrom. For the life of me I can't figure out what is so difficult with his name. I remember the NHL awards with the "Lindstrom" jersey and now this haha. Anyways, I wasnt really surprised to see Lids on the lower end of the vote (4.3% currently), only thing that was really surprising was Sidney running away with it and Ovechkin wayy wayy behind in 3rd place with only 4.9% of the vote at the moment.

The list includes Crosby (1st), Stamkos (2nd), Ovechkin (3rd), OTHER (4th), Lidstrom (5th), Tim Thomas (6th) and Henrik Sedin (7th).

Discuss if you wish haha.

Edited by GSBrooks13

Guest Crymson

Nick has the C for Captain.

Someone in the Wings office should send them a memo. I'll see if Kurt Maltby is busy.

Perhaps we should call up Darren McCarthy instead. He's connected to Versus.

Perhaps we should call up Darren McCarthy instead. He's connected to Versus.

Chris Draper probably isn't doing anything. Let's get the whole Grind Line on the case.

All joking aside, I think it's great that a guy his age is still in the running for best. We all get concerned about what will happen when his age catches up to him- and rightfully so- but it just doesn't seem to happen. I guess if it has to happen sooner or later, later is better.

I'd rather have someone more actively involved in the team to take up the cause. Maybe Valtri Flipula or Justin Abdelkalter.

Well we could ask Brandon Shanahan but he might be too busy.

In all seriousness though I think Lids should be 2nd behind Crosby. If this was 2-3 years ago, then I'd obviously rage if he wasn't 1st.