WpgMikos

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

I didn't see this one coming.

http://sports.yahoo....ldcupvote120210

I'm guessing someone was paid off...

I'm actually not a fan of soccer so this decision doesn't bother me.

#3 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

And we like to think that the NHL has incompetent, corrupt leadership. They ain't got a patch on FIFA. An enclosed, secretive, unregulated, self-serving cabal of corrupt old men who live their lives between 5-star hotels, limos and private jets. Sepp Blatter makes Gary Bettman look like an inspirational visionary.

England + America were rated 100% and "unbeatable" in a FIFA commisioned report. Russia + Qatar were both rated "high-risk" in the same report. Russia knew they had won 24 hours before the result was announced, Qatar at least 30 minutes.

There is not a single footballing reason why Russia, and most especially Qatar should host these games. Should be fun watching games being played in 50 degree heat.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#4 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

Is is a bit of a joke. Qatar's summer heat is unplayable and is a health risk for the players if anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users