• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

I don't know if any of you are watching the Sharks/Sens game but the "Heatly Sucks and "Traitor" chants are epic :lol:

#2 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

I hope Heatley gets a hat trick tonight against them. Maybe they should look towards the organization as to why he left, 50 goal scorer getting 18 minutes a game and an idiot for a captain I would leave to.

#3 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

I thought it was a great crowd atmosphere. More hostile than Cleveland thats for sure. They threw Heatley jerseys onto the ice and one of the jerseys hit heatley on the bench.

What I didn't like about how hostile it was, that after the game, Heatley had to run into the lockerroom because people were throwing lemons at heatley's head and when the Shark came into the dressing room, they were chucking beer at the Sharks team in general.
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#4 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

Too bad these teams won't be meeting each other in the Finals.

#5 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

I've watched hockey since I was a kid, and we're talking back to the early 60's. I've never in all my life seen anything like what I saw with the jerseys being thrown on the ice. We didn't even do that to Fedorov or Hossa at the peak of our dislike for them. My housemate and I were watching the highlights on NHL On the Fly and I looked at her and said, "Gee, tell us how you really feel."

Do you think this is a one-off, or is this the start of a trend? Not that I think it should be, but I just wonder if it might.
Posted Image

#6 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

does anyone know why nittymaki didnt play last night? they said he was getting the start then they put that little turd niemi in. warmups injury?
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#7 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

I thought it was a great crowd atmosphere. More hostile than Cleveland thats for sure. They threw Heatley jerseys onto the ice and one of the jerseys hit heatley on the bench.

What I didn't like about how hostile it was, that after the game, Heatley had to run into the lockerroom because people were throwing lemons at heatley's head and when the Shark came into the dressing room, they were chucking beer at the Sharks team in general.

Anyone have a video of the jerseys being thrown on the ice?

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#8 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

Only reason it was more 'hostile' is because the Cavs stopped everything in that building. No bad shirts, no ridiculous signs, plastic cups, extra cops, extra metal detectors, security in every row and floor. They made sure nothing would happen otherwise those fans would have went after Bron.

Anyone have a video of the jerseys being thrown on the ice?

#9 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uLEvw3fz9Y
Posted Image Just wow
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#10 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Only reason it was more 'hostile' is because the Cavs stopped everything in that building. No bad shirts, no ridiculous signs, plastic cups, extra cops, extra metal detectors, security in every row and floor. They made sure nothing would happen otherwise those fans would have went after Bron.

This. Everything was tight in that arena, although some fans were kicked instantly later on in the game after throwing something onto the court, overhead the Heat bench. They did have quite an atmosphere going on throughout the whole game despite the Cavs being blown out early.

They also had some clever signs like "QUITNESS" that I got a chuckle out of, but nothing over the top.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 03 December 2010 - 07:17 PM.

#11 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Must be nice to be able to spend mommy and daddy's money like that.

Edited by Konnan511, 03 December 2010 - 07:20 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".