• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Sharks vs Senators

Rate this topic

I thought it was a great crowd atmosphere. More hostile than Cleveland thats for sure. They threw Heatley jerseys onto the ice and one of the jerseys hit heatley on the bench.

What I didn't like about how hostile it was, that after the game, Heatley had to run into the lockerroom because people were throwing lemons at heatley's head and when the Shark came into the dressing room, they were chucking beer at the Sharks team in general.

I've watched hockey since I was a kid, and we're talking back to the early 60's. I've never in all my life seen anything like what I saw with the jerseys being thrown on the ice. We didn't even do that to Fedorov or Hossa at the peak of our dislike for them. My housemate and I were watching the highlights on NHL On the Fly and I looked at her and said, "Gee, tell us how you really feel."

Do you think this is a one-off, or is this the start of a trend? Not that I think it should be, but I just wonder if it might.

I thought it was a great crowd atmosphere. More hostile than Cleveland thats for sure. They threw Heatley jerseys onto the ice and one of the jerseys hit heatley on the bench.

What I didn't like about how hostile it was, that after the game, Heatley had to run into the lockerroom because people were throwing lemons at heatley's head and when the Shark came into the dressing room, they were chucking beer at the Sharks team in general.

Anyone have a video of the jerseys being thrown on the ice?

Only reason it was more 'hostile' is because the Cavs stopped everything in that building. No bad shirts, no ridiculous signs, plastic cups, extra cops, extra metal detectors, security in every row and floor. They made sure nothing would happen otherwise those fans would have went after Bron.

Anyone have a video of the jerseys being thrown on the ice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qe150wwn-8

Only reason it was more 'hostile' is because the Cavs stopped everything in that building. No bad shirts, no ridiculous signs, plastic cups, extra cops, extra metal detectors, security in every row and floor. They made sure nothing would happen otherwise those fans would have went after Bron.

This. Everything was tight in that arena, although some fans were kicked instantly later on in the game after throwing something onto the court, overhead the Heat bench. They did have quite an atmosphere going on throughout the whole game despite the Cavs being blown out early.

They also had some clever signs like "QUITNESS" that I got a chuckle out of, but nothing over the top.

Edited by dropkickshanahans