• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Ritola has inner ear disease

Rate this topic

Yeesh. Poor guy. Hope he gets over that sooner rather than later.

I've had issues with balance control from inner ear problems when I was a kid, and they weren't fun. Can't imagine having to go through that as an adult.

Guest Crymson

It happens.

That's unfortunate for Mattias, but I'm sure he'll bounce back. :cool:

I'm sure you do, so that you will not be deprived of a subject of complaint!

I feel for him as I have the same thing, Meniere's. Its a chronic issue that has no known cause or cure and can hit anytime. It is usually treated with Diuretics and anti-nausea medication. Attacks can last 24-48 hrs or sometimes weeks and months.

I feel for him as I have the same thing, Meniere's. Its a chronic issue that has no known cause or cure and can hit anytime. It is usually treated with Diuretics and anti-nausea medication. Attacks can last 24-48 hrs or sometimes weeks and months.

Sounds pretty awful. :(

I've had pretty much the same thing twice in my life, with two surgeries to repair the damage. There's been a hole in my right eardrum both times, leading to equilibration issues and the like. At the most severe times I'd have problems with balance, nausea and ear pain. I still can't get water in my ear and I have to be careful when it's really windy out. I can only imagine having those problems and then getting rocked by a 220+ guy into the boards.

Yeesh. Poor guy. Hope he gets over that sooner rather than later.

I've had issues with balance control from inner ear problems when I was a kid, and they weren't fun. Can't imagine having to go through that as an adult.

I have the same thing, though I'm pretty sure it's not Meniere's Disease. I used to get dizzy and be out for the day (until I sleep, I feel better and can open my eyes after that) about 2-3 times a year growing up. Now it happens maybe once a year. Hasn't happened in a while, that I can think of... *knocks on wood*

Guest Crymson

What the?

We've got a Ritola thread from only a day ago, he scores tonight so I post about it, and I'm whining?

Your posts about Ritola since he was put on waivers have always been in the context of whining about the fact that Holland let him go.

It appears Ritola is now deaf in one ear and now has a chronic discease in his right ear and might turn completely deaf and some speculate his nhl career could be in jeapordy

http://hockey.expressen.se/nyheter/1.2251964/nhl-svensken-ar-dov-pa-ett-ora

Now THAT is a real shame.

What an unfortunate situation. :(

really gotta feel for the guy... our Griffs are having some unfortunate early ending careers, that's possibly two in two years with Oulahen's situation last summer...

Edited by stevkrause

He's right. Nobody cares much to see you whine.

Excuse me, but what the hell is up with you? Two posts here that have nothing to do with Ritola but you choose instead to attack another poster? I wouldn't even bother bringing this up, but this is not the first time you've done this. NObody cares what you personally think of Aussie. But if you care that much about why we should care, why don't you just start a thread about it? And then you might as well add that empty room that somebody threw on here. A clue? This is NOT about you or other posters here making personal attacks. This is about a good hockey player who is in real pain in every sense of the word. Get.a.life. :nonono:

Edited by Vladifan