cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#23 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

What an unfortunate situation. :(

really gotta feel for the guy... our Griffs are having some unfortunate early ending careers, that's possibly two in two years with Oulahen's situation last summer...

Edited by stevkrause, 08 February 2011 - 12:42 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#24 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

He's right. Nobody cares much to see you whine.

Excuse me, but what the hell is up with you? Two posts here that have nothing to do with Ritola but you choose instead to attack another poster? I wouldn't even bother bringing this up, but this is not the first time you've done this. NObody cares what you personally think of Aussie. But if you care that much about why we should care, why don't you just start a thread about it? And then you might as well add that empty room that somebody threw on here. A clue? This is NOT about you or other posters here making personal attacks. This is about a good hockey player who is in real pain in every sense of the word. Get.a.life. :nonono:

Edited by Vladifan, 08 February 2011 - 12:47 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

what is going on with former wings??

konstantinov - limo crash
fischer - heart problem
fleischmann - pulmonary emboli or something like that (bloodclots in lungs)
and now ritola with the ear thing.

messed up.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

fischer - heart problem

messed up.

Add another to the list...
Lebda - Sucks at hockey

#27 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

It happens.

I'm sure you do, so that you will not be deprived of a subject of complaint!

For someone that ******* NON-STOP about others complaining, you sure do a ton of frickin complaining about other people. Every post I read from you is a ***** fest about something another poster said.

Aussie is one of the most knowledgable people here on Red Wings prospects and there's nothing wrong with following Ritola and wanting him to succeed still. Too bad we can't ship you away to another team's board. Everyone would love that move.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#28 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

fischer - heart problem

messed up.

Don't forget Igor Grigorenko. He went from World Junior scoring champ to fighting for his life to learning how to skate again all the way to bust.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#29 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

For someone that ******* NON-STOP about others complaining, you sure do a ton of frickin complaining about other people. Every post I read from you is a ***** fest about something another poster said.

Aussie is one of the most knowledgable people here on Red Wings prospects and there's nothing wrong with following Ritola and wanting him to succeed still. Too bad we can't ship you away to another team's board. Everyone would love that move.

Muhahahaha...

#30 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Per Bob McKenzie, TB just put Ritola on waivers today.Update on his ear issue here.

Quote "I feel like everybody is behind me," he said. "It's a great team." -Mattias Ritola Feb.5.2011

This sucks for for Ritola for sure, I hope someone takes a shot on signing him. As well as obviously beating this thing!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

He's also a Ritola slappy who went nuts and started vehemently disparaging Holland when Ritola scored a goal and an assist at the start of the season. Now he gets defensive whenever anyone brings it up.

#32 selkie

selkie

Beach Bum

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Lilja never got back to 100% after the brain bleed.

#33 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Add another to the list...
Lebda - Sucks at hockey

lol now that was a good one!

#34 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Not to mention Greg Johnson had to retire of a heart condition right after we signed him a couple of years ago. i remember kozlov got his career a little sidetracked by a serious bus accident before he came over here to play years ago.

#35 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

I definitely feel for him. As I found out I also might have the same disease. I severely injured my jaw November 2009 and as a result, I have ringing in my left ear that is sometimes deafeningly loud. It's not for sure Meniere's Disease, but it's possible that's what I have developed. Luckily, I have no dizzyness or hearing loss. But the constant ringing is sometimes very soul crushing. And lost my health insurance 2 weeks before this all started, so I've had to live with this for over a year now. But as of March 1st my new health insurance kicks in. So hopefully I can get surgery to correct this. Part of me actually hopes I do have Meniere's Disease, because its a disease that burns out and goes away over time. I just don't wanna have to live with this for the rest of my life. Hopefully Ritola gets over this soon. I'm sure he will eventually.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#36 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

fischer - heart problem

messed up.

and jamie rivers

Veteran D-man Jamie Rivers is recovering from one of the scarier experiences a person can ever go through. Playing professionally over in Croatia, Rivers was forced to undergo emergency surgery to have his spleen removed. Due to the large amount of internal bleeding, Rivers heart actually stopped for nearly two minutes before being brought back to life. Electrical defibrillatorís assisted in the Doctorís effort to re-establish a productive heart rhythm.

There were three Doctors working on Rivers during surgery and at one point two of them had given up. Thankfully one of the Surgeons didnít stop.

#37 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

Don't forget Igor Grigorenko. He went from World Junior scoring champ to fighting for his life to learning how to skate again all the way to bust.

From today's 'Afternoon Shift' Griffins blog:

"The enigmatic Igor Grigorenko (2007-08) appears to have found the stardom that he couldnít achieve in North America, standing fifth in the KHL with 23 goals for Salavat Yulaev Ufa."

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#38 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

From today's 'Afternoon Shift' Griffins blog:

"The enigmatic Igor Grigorenko (2007-08) appears to have found the stardom that he couldn't achieve in North America, standing fifth in the KHL with 23 goals for Salavat Yulaev Ufa."

Glad to see he's doing well after his injury. Really bummed about Ritola, he is such a character guy. I wish him the best.

Edited by Heaten, 09 February 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

Ritola finally had his break out season in my EHM NHL 07 game in 2014. A 50 point season!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Ritola was recalled from the minors and is playing against Boston tonight.

Just as an update for those who are interested.

Posted Image