• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Ducks 0

Rate this topic

Three Stars:

J. Howard (Red Wings - G): Saves: 41, Save Pct.: 1.000 -- obviously

R. Getzlaf (Ducks - C): Goals: 0, Assists: 0 -- Seriously??? Why??????

J. Franzen (Red Wings - LW): Goals: 1, Assists: 1

Customary home team player, they can't have us as all 3 of the stars because we are not the Penguins. :P

I don't feel too good about this coming weekend for the Wings.

Like I said in the SJ GDT, the Wings have not won their first game in Anaheim for a while now. The Ducks have lost twice in a row to the Wings, with the latter starting all kinds drama that today probably provides the Ducks with more emotional salience and motivation to win. When you combine the fact that the Wings usually start games fairly slow with the other factor that the Ducks are in their own building and will probably charge right out of the gate with lots of energy and physical play, well, personally I'd be ecstatic if the Wings can even squeeze out one point out of that game. If the Wings don't have a good start then they'll probably have to play from behind for the whole game. They'll probably get better as the game goes on but I'm thinking it won't be enough to get two points.

God... What an idiot.

played in their own zone for 90% of the game

Have to agree. The D really played exceptionally well tonight except for some bonehead clearing attempts by Kronner. Jimmy has deserved more SOs than he has gotten so I'm glad he got one tonight

Have to agree. The D really played exceptionally well tonight except for some bonehead clearing attempts by Kronner. Jimmy has deserved more SOs than he has gotten so I'm glad he got one tonight

Kronner, if you watch, plays deep offensively. For every bonehead mistake he does make, he sets up or takes part in a deep play of beauty.

He's not a traditional defensemen. And he's creating his "own" role. And he's gotten incredibly good, and unique.

He won't be Nick's replacement, but he'll be top line when Nick is gone.

Edited by truebladearmy

Kronner, if you watch, plays deep offensively. For every bonehead mistake he does make, he sets up or takes part in a deep play of beauty.He's not a traditional defensemen. And he's creating his "own" role. And he's gotten incredibly good, and unique.He won't be Nick's replacement, but he'll be top line when Nick is gone.

I agree. Kronner made some great plays low on the boards (that was an awesome pass coming off the boards to Eaves in front of the net during that PK). Hopefully Babs will shove the tape from this game in his face so that he learns to make good clearing/pass attempts out of the zone. The Ducks just had too many scoring chances due to those bad passes/clears by Kronner.

Guest scottj

lol... how does a team get a SECOND STAR when they were shutout?

I could MAYBE understand a third star but f***.. second star?