• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PotbellyJoe

The Big Chill

Rate this topic

Man, I definitely do NOT like the fact that they said State was being forced to play against the wind for two full periods. I would think they'd switch halfway through the third to make it fair. Add to that the fact that the Wolverines are on home ice, as it were, and had more than 4 TIMES as much practice time on the ice as State did.

And to add to all that, the Wolverines were heavily favored to win this to begin with.

Not very hard to see who will take this one.

Yup. 2-0 michigan after one

go blue!

After that 1st PK, little brother had to be thinking "oh s***" when they took that penalty. You had to know Michigan was gonna convert.

Man, I definitely do NOT like the fact that they said State was being forced to play against the wind for two full periods.

You said it yourself, home ice advantage.

Exactly. The better team. Or the one that plays better today, anyway.

Fair enough. Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought that nobody was supposed to have the home ice advantage in this one, and they only chose the Big House due to its capacity.

I hadn't heard that; you may be right. In theory anyway.

Technically the right call, but that's a goal. There really ought to be some ref discretion involved in those situations.

Yes and no. There has to be a point to where they have to call the play dead.

But yes it should be a goal but unfortunately its not. The net coming off had no effect (or is it affect, that one gets me) on the puck going over the line

3-0 michigan

Guest scottj

Michigan fan here but something needs to be done about a rule that disallows a goal that was going in regardless but was called back because the goalie is clumsy lol

Obviously I don't watch Michigan play hockey as much as I watch the Wings so I'm a bigger Wings fan, but that kind of stuff makes me mad :angry:

Go Blue!

Edited by scottj

Plenty of time left.

True, but its over.

Michigan has a huge advantage this period. Not just State playing into the wind but its getting dark out now too, AND Palmisano wears contacts. I know he gave the expected "its all good" response when asked about it, but anyone who wears contacts knows that a chilly wind in your face dries them out quick and messes with your vision, and after a while if its constant, burns and blurs your vision. Plus they mentioned at the end of the second that the wind is picking up. Huge disadvantage, that I don't think most folks consider.

Yeah, I tend to overanalyze stuff like this, lol.

Edited by sleepwalker

True, but its over.

Michigan has a huge advantage this period. Not just State playing into the wind but its getting dark out now too, AND Palmisano wears contacts. I know he gave the expected "its all good" response when asked about it, but anyone who wears contacts knows that a chilly wind in your face dries them out quick and messes with your vision, and after a while if its constant, burns and blurs your vision. Plus they mentioned at the end of the second that the wind is picking up. Huge disadvantage, that I don't think most folks consider.

Yeah, I tend to overanalyze stuff like this, lol.

I would call that thoroughness, not over-analysis :P

It's definitely a good point about the wind in his eyes. I imagine that the full hockey boards take most of the wind out of play, but having never played outside with boards like that I can't be sure.

Pile it on, boys.

Not because I wanna see a blowout really, more because I wanna see some nasty s*** (not Conboy and Tropp on Kampfer nasty though),

Nice goal. Mildly amusing celebration, even though I don't like seeing guys do that really.

Either this announcer is a dumbass or the college high-sticking rule is different.

Tgose michigan uniforms are hideous. Well the wolverine is cool but the stripes on top are terrible

Nooo way. I think the striped yokes look great. I love the over-sized numbers, too. I think it's a great take on a throwback.

Been to many football games? You've obviously never had the privilege of having large humans in your row. Add winter gear and I'll bet you have to shoe horn yourself into "your" seat. I've been to games where my girlfriend had to sit on my lap, and I wasn't sitting in the student section.

Great. The big house has the record, but at what cost. READ THE COMMENTS

DSC02893.JPG

Fine, don't come. Michigan clearly doesn't have any issues filling their seats, unlike some other in-state schools that rely on strong visiting teams and Buy 1 Get 1 Free deals through Subway for Senior Day to sell out

Man, I definitely do NOT like the fact that they said State was being forced to play against the wind for two full periods. I would think they'd switch halfway through the third to make it fair. Add to that the fact that the Wolverines are on home ice, as it were, and had more than 4 TIMES as much practice time on the ice as State did.

And to add to all that, the Wolverines were heavily favored to win this to begin with.

If they did actually plan it that way, and decide to throw MSU into the wind for 2 periods, do you have any doubt that MSU would have done the same thing for the game at Spartan Stadium in 2001? They had that benefit, as well as the bonus practice time, that time

They were going to switch at the 10min mark but BOTH coaches vetoed the idea. I have no idea why, the announcer said both coaches wanted to keep playing to the same end the whole period. That makes me think the wind was less a factor than anyone thought

I wish they would have let the Wings and Habs use the ice Friday night, what a waste to go through so much trouble for the setup then only play one game on it.

Congrats to Michigan on the win. Go Blue.