76 replies to this topic

#61 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Would have been cooler if this was a better game. 3-0. It's basically over with

Plenty of time left. If the tables were reversed, I'd still "know" Michigan was gonna win.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#62 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

Michigan fan here but something needs to be done about a rule that disallows a goal that was going in regardless but was called back because the goalie is clumsy lol

Obviously I don't watch Michigan play hockey as much as I watch the Wings so I'm a bigger Wings fan, but that kind of stuff makes me mad :angry:

Go Blue!

Edited by scottj, 11 December 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#63 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

Plenty of time left.

True, but its over.

Michigan has a huge advantage this period. Not just State playing into the wind but its getting dark out now too, AND Palmisano wears contacts. I know he gave the expected "its all good" response when asked about it, but anyone who wears contacts knows that a chilly wind in your face dries them out quick and messes with your vision, and after a while if its constant, burns and blurs your vision. Plus they mentioned at the end of the second that the wind is picking up. Huge disadvantage, that I don't think most folks consider.

Yeah, I tend to overanalyze stuff like this, lol.

Edited by sleepwalker, 11 December 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#64 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

True, but its over.

Michigan has a huge advantage this period. Not just State playing into the wind but its getting dark out now too, AND Palmisano wears contacts. I know he gave the expected "its all good" response when asked about it, but anyone who wears contacts knows that a chilly wind in your face dries them out quick and messes with your vision, and after a while if its constant, burns and blurs your vision. Plus they mentioned at the end of the second that the wind is picking up. Huge disadvantage, that I don't think most folks consider.

Yeah, I tend to overanalyze stuff like this, lol.

I would call that thoroughness, not over-analysis :P

It's definitely a good point about the wind in his eyes. I imagine that the full hockey boards take most of the wind out of play, but having never played outside with boards like that I can't be sure.

Posted Image

#65 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

Anyone know why State didn't go with a throw back jersey like Michigan did? Figured they could raise some cash via jersey sales by doing so.

#66 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Tgose michigan uniforms are hideous. Well the wolverine is cool but the stripes on top are terrible

#67 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

And yeah, this game is over...

Wonder how much each goal costs Michigan with those fireworks :hehe:

#68 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Pile it on, boys.

Not because I wanna see a blowout really, more because I wanna see some nasty s*** (not Conboy and Tropp on Kampfer nasty though),

Nice goal. Mildly amusing celebration, even though I don't like seeing guys do that really.

Either this announcer is a dumbass or the college high-sticking rule is different.

Posted Image

#69 Cheveldae32

Cheveldae32

OFD

• Gold Booster
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

Should have had Ferris play Michigan, would've been a better showing than this...

#70 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

I'm really hoping Cheli Jr. tries to start some s*** and gets KTFO'd.

I played against Chad Langlais once or twice and hated him, but he's my hero right now.

Posted Image

#71 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

man I hope tonights game is going to be more entertaining than this one, well.... it would take a catastrophic event for that to happen
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#72 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

Tgose michigan uniforms are hideous. Well the wolverine is cool but the stripes on top are terrible

Nooo way. I think the striped yokes look great. I love the over-sized numbers, too. I think it's a great take on a throwback.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#73 smintlin

smintlin

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

Been to many football games? You've obviously never had the privilege of having large humans in your row. Add winter gear and I'll bet you have to shoe horn yourself into "your" seat. I've been to games where my girlfriend had to sit on my lap, and I wasn't sitting in the student section.
Great. The big house has the record, but at what cost. READ THE COMMENTS
Posted Image

Fine, don't come. Michigan clearly doesn't have any issues filling their seats, unlike some other in-state schools that rely on strong visiting teams and Buy 1 Get 1 Free deals through Subway for Senior Day to sell out

Man, I definitely do NOT like the fact that they said State was being forced to play against the wind for two full periods. I would think they'd switch halfway through the third to make it fair. Add to that the fact that the Wolverines are on home ice, as it were, and had more than 4 TIMES as much practice time on the ice as State did.

And to add to all that, the Wolverines were heavily favored to win this to begin with.

Not very hard to see who will take this one.

If they did actually plan it that way, and decide to throw MSU into the wind for 2 periods, do you have any doubt that MSU would have done the same thing for the game at Spartan Stadium in 2001? They had that benefit, as well as the bonus practice time, that time

#74 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

Man, I definitely do NOT like the fact that they said State was being forced to play against the wind for two full periods. I would think they'd switch halfway through the third to make it fair. Add to that the fact that the Wolverines are on home ice, as it were, and had more than 4 TIMES as much practice time on the ice as State did.

And to add to all that, the Wolverines were heavily favored to win this to begin with.

Not very hard to see who will take this one.

They were going to switch at the 10min mark but BOTH coaches vetoed the idea. I have no idea why, the announcer said both coaches wanted to keep playing to the same end the whole period. That makes me think the wind was less a factor than anyone thought

I wish they would have let the Wings and Habs use the ice Friday night, what a waste to go through so much trouble for the setup then only play one game on it.

Congrats to Michigan on the win. Go Blue.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#75 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

This game was sooo much fun!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#76 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

This game was sooo much fun!!!!
Posted Image

awesome!!
Let's Go Wings!

#77 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

The MSU hockey program has gone in the crapper, even with the National Championship in 2007. Fire Comley.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.