• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Shane Doan at the trade deadline = 2011 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Trade Hudler and Kindl? for Doan (and some picks?). Both of these guys are going to be good players, but, probably not here. Hudler will probably leave as a FA when he can. Kindl, just, isn't the kind of physical defenseman that I'd like to see us start piling up.

Lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Modano/Abdelkader-Doan

Miller/Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves (Draper)

*I think that Doan would almost be a Shannahan-like addition for us. It sucks giving up young players for old ones, but I really do think that it'd make us stanley cup favorites for this year and next. That third line of him, Cleary and Modano will be what seperates us from other squads (and with Abby in there for Modano next season too). First two lines we know are great. Miller-Helm-Eaves...Draper we know we can trust out there.

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei (Janik/Smith)

Edited by blueadams

Guest Crymson

Doan is the face of the Coyotes franchise. They will not trade him for an unpredictable defensive prospect and a player who is not producing. It would cost much to obtain him.

Bear in mind that I do not mean to legitimize yet another of your lines threads with this post.

Guest Stolberg

Why would a playoff bound team trade their best player?

pffffft... logic? you serious? in this thread? really? question mark?

Why not? He's got serious discipline problems, but in an ideal world we could get him to work the 3rd line. You're saying you wouldn't want Doan as a third liner?

The problems I have with it are that first Phoenix would ask a kings ransom for him, second, he doesn't play the wings style, third hes pricey (4.5 million). The video is mostly at blue adams for a line combo thread than Doan.

Unless PHX started from scratch and cleared out the team, this in no way shape or form would happen. Plus we would have to give up too much

i'm sorry for bashing on your thread, but whats the deal with wanting to trade kindl. hes going to be a great player down the road but just give him time

I agree with you 100%. If I recall there were a few on this board a few years ago who felt the same about howard

Hehe. I like how people throw Kindl into trade proposals like a bonus. The kid is worth hangin onto, if for nothing else than to continue to push Ericsson. But besides that, the kid has a lot of skill and a lot of potential. Give that up? For Doan? No way.