• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

Doan has a no movement clause, and he has said multiple times that he does not want to leave Phoenix.

#22 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

Why would a playoff bound team trade their best player?

best player?? what?

#23 DMAC 25

DMAC 25

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:58 AM

i'm sorry for bashing on your thread, but whats the deal with wanting to trade kindl. hes going to be a great player down the road but just give him time

#24 Franzenisgod

Franzenisgod

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Unless PHX started from scratch and cleared out the team, this in no way shape or form would happen. Plus we would have to give up too much

i'm sorry for bashing on your thread, but whats the deal with wanting to trade kindl. hes going to be a great player down the road but just give him time

I agree with you 100%. If I recall there were a few on this board a few years ago who felt the same about howard
Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time! - Mickey Redmond

#25 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Hehe. I like how people throw Kindl into trade proposals like a bonus. The kid is worth hangin onto, if for nothing else than to continue to push Ericsson. But besides that, the kid has a lot of skill and a lot of potential. Give that up? For Doan? No way.

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

best player?? what?

Solid contribution, great analysis and thorough debate material. If he's not their best he is easily top three. He averages the highest amount of points on that team, plus he is a gritty powerforward and great leader. Even if his skills don't put him as the best, all his other intangibles do put him over the top.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

Shane Doan: No Movement Clause. $4.55 million salary. Captain of the Coyotes.

You want to trade him for a struggling, slow undersized winger who has 6 points, is a -6, and has a 2.875 cap hit. And Kindl, who shows promise but is currently a prospect/7th dman.

Don't see any obstacles with that trade?

#28 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

Why would a playoff bound team trade their best player?

I really don't think Hudler is our best player.

:rolleyes:

Beer in mind, I enjoy blueadam's line threads. :thumbup: Keep up the good work, kid.

#29 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

Solid contribution, great analysis and thorough debate material. If he's not their best he is easily top three. He averages the highest amount of points on that team, plus he is a gritty powerforward and great leader. Even if his skills don't put him as the best, all his other intangibles do put him over the top.

You act as if Doan is Captain of the team of something. :hehe:

I know, it cracks me up when people think we can get other team's leaders in trade for our team's cast off's and then put said leader on the thrid or forth line...'02 was a world away and we will never see that environment again (when i hear the term "climate change", I instinctively think of the cap era, I can't help it).

#30 jenova0

jenova0

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

I really don't understand the hard-on for Shane Doan? I'll pass on that. However, Dustin Penner, now that's a different story.
"You either get it, or you don't" - Dr. Phil

#31 ethier_marc

ethier_marc

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Awesome! Then we can get Selanne and Khabibulin and have every remaining Winnipeg Jet on our roster! Suck it Jets!
Roy's departure did not particularly please the fans. They first amused themselves by chanting: "Hasek's better, Hasek's better," then switched to, "We want Roy, we want Roy."

But Roy had been humiliated enough. So had the Avs.

#32 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

Doan is the face of the Coyotes franchise.

Posted Image

works every time

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Shane Doan: No Movement Clause. $4.55 million salary. Captain of the Coyotes.

You want to trade him for a struggling, slow undersized winger who has 6 points, is a -6, and has a 2.875 cap hit. And Kindl, who shows promise but is currently a prospect/7th dman.

Don't see any obstacles with that trade?

No. Other teams should be willing to adjust their priorities in order to give the Wings the best possible roster.

#34 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

Trade Hudler and Kindl? for Doan (and some picks?). Both of these guys are going to be good players, but, probably not here. Hudler will probably leave as a FA when he can. Kindl, just, isn't the kind of physical defenseman that I'd like to see us start piling up.

Lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Modano/Abdelkader-Doan

Miller/Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves (Draper)

*I think that Doan would almost be a Shannahan-like addition for us. It sucks giving up young players for old ones, but I really do think that it'd make us stanley cup favorites for this year and next. That third line of him, Cleary and Modano will be what seperates us from other squads (and with Abby in there for Modano next season too). First two lines we know are great. Miller-Helm-Eaves...Draper we know we can trust out there.

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei (Janik/Smith)

Since I can't neg you anymore, I'm just going to leave you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&

Posted Image

#35 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

no it wont work....but what will work is hudler and a 2nd. for ekman-larsson.

he will be the next "lidstrom"

book it.

ask lids to stay on and mentor him next year.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#36 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Well, it's that time again. It's got to be at least the 463rd drink! :beerbuddy:

I'm going to blame my death on blueadams for alcohol poisoning!

#37 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

no it wont work....but what will work is hudler and a 2nd. for ekman-larsson.

he will be the next "lidstrom"

book it.

ask lids to stay on and mentor him next year.

Don't know if serious...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#38 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image

#39 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

We aren't going to get anything decent for Hudler until he starts producing like he should... and if he DOES start producing like he should, I'd just as soon keep him. Hudler is Ville Leinoing us right now.
Posted Image

#40 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:07 PM

We aren't going to get anything decent for Hudler until he starts producing like he should... and if he DOES start producing like he should, I'd just as soon keep him. Hudler is Ville Leinoing us right now.

Only worse... Wings are paying him more to Leino us. At least Leino was useless and cheap.

Edited by Broken 16, 04 December 2010 - 10:08 PM.