• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#281 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

Eaves the one out huh? Mann... f*** that s***.

#282 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

Just a couple notes after 2 periods of play:

- I a m really impressed with Ozzy he looks really solid out there... and most of all he looks real calm and confident. Both goals against him were not his fault and, keep in mind, this is his first game in 5 weeks, so I am really impressed with his play. Hopefully the boys can find a way to get the W to make this game perfect for Ozzy and the rest of the wings
- Stuart has had a heck of a good game out there (apart from his sloppyness on the first goal but that happens during 82 games lol) but he has had some real solid hits and his playing great D with Nick.
- Babs needs to play Nick more in the 3rd because the D arent moving the puck quick enough through the first 2 periods
- Zetterberg looks kind of slow tonight and is having quite a bit of trouble controlling the puck. I noticed a few times in the 2nd Pavs made a really good play but Z couldn't control the puck so we lost the scoring chance
- With that said, Pavs has been amazing tonight as usual

Overall I am quite impressed with the Wings and their effort since they played last night against the Ducks. Hopefully the boys can get a W but I will be happy with them either way. Go wings!

#283 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

"Osgood sucks and I don't like him. Whenever he is in net the team doesn't play as hard. We all know he is going to give up 2 or 3 bad goals so why bother playing our best."

I thought it was pretty harsh.

True leader.

Posted Image

#284 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

I love how I helped create the Edi must drink meme of LGW :P

But I do know a guy who knows a guy form China, who specializes in new livers ;) ;)

It's going to be frightening once my holiday break at work hits...I'll have nothing stopping me from encouraging the Wings to get 9 or 10 goals a night. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#285 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Eaves the one out huh? Mann... f*** that s***.

My guess is that against San Jose Draper will sit (needs to rest the groin, not push too hard) then Miller will sit against Nashville and the rotation of odd man out will continue again.

#286 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

True leader.

Lidstrom has gone senile in his old age. Better trade him, Osgood, and Hudler for Crosby. What a steal for the Pens.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#287 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

It's going to be frightening once my holiday break at work hits...I'll have nothing stopping me from encouraging the Wings to get 9 or 10 goals a night. :D

Man Wings will set some NHL records. I approve!

#288 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Lidstrom has gone senile in his old age. Better trade him, Osgood, and Hudler for Crosby. What a steal for the Pens.

No way.

Add Malkin and I think Detroit might think of doing that trade.

Posted Image

#289 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

You said it was factual. It wasn't. The only part that was is Osgood is small.

It's just funny to me that when it comes to Osgood, Crymson behaves exactly like the members here that he spends 99% of his time lecturing.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that part. But the fact does remain the same that his post was non-aggressive and then you turned on the aggression. But whatever, this debate is pointless.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#290 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Throw that trade over to Stevie...He needs a goalie and a defenseman that doesn't suck and pull some Stamkos our way instead.

#291 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

We can Skype drink together ha
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#292 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

No way.

Add Malkin and I think Detroit might think of doing that trade.

True. The Pens are pretty desperate to get rid of those two bums. We should even throw in Draper. After all, he has looked terrible this entire season. I swear, it's like he hasn't even been on the ice.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#293 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that part. But the fact does remain the same that his post was non-aggressive and then you turned on the aggression. But whatever, this debate is pointless.

What it comes down to for me with Ozzie is that he is not as good as Howard at this point in their careers...Period.

As long as Ozzie plays like a capable back-up and get wins I don't really care about anything else.

#294 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

My guess is that against San Jose Draper will sit (needs to rest the groin, not push too hard) then Miller will sit against Nashville and the rotation of odd man out will continue again.

Hudler needs to be included in this rotation too.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#295 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Quick has also been solid tonight as well.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#296 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Debate on this forum in any form is pointless for obvious reasons.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#297 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Zetterberg looks really, really average tonight.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#298 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

What it comes down to for me with Ozzie is that he is not as good as Howard at this point in their careers...Period.

As long as Ozzie plays like a capable back-up and get wins I don't really care about anything else.

I agree. Ozzie knows he won't get a starting gig with the Wings. At the same time though, I think he is a very capable backup.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#299 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Quick has also been solid tonight as well.

I've been real impressed with Quick.

They have 2 good goalies in Quick and Bernier. It will be interesting to see how they handle them both and who ends up staying long-term

#300 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

I wish the Kings were wearing their third jerseys so I could talk about how awesome they look.