• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#441 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:07 AM

Ozzie will never get 400 wins, because this team plays like crap in front of him.

I honestly think the defense was as good as it could have been tonight.

The offense was terribly underwhelming, however. No idea why Franzen called for a pass through 3 King players. That was stupid.

Posted Image

#442 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,866 posts

Damnit!!! That sucks.

Osgood had a great game though.

He did. For his first game back he played solid and made a handful of really big saves.

#443 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

didnt pick kopitar up. instead they covered martinez

#444 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Eh, expected a loss tonight so the point is a bonus.

Ozzie did better than expected, the team in front of him looked a bit tired.

#445 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Well, Ozzie played really well, none of those goals were his fault, which is an oddity for him. Wings have looked a little lost, but we're still getting the points.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#446 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

why did Osgood stand up ? If he just slid across it he would have stopped it. Oh well, played pretty solid anyways.

#447 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Maybe a better thing to notice would be the fact that he was the second Wing and first forward back on defense, and covering his man perfectly in front of the net?

No hustle and no defense my ass.

Stretch.

#448 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

knew there was no 2 points as soon as it went to OT.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#449 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

The guy plays a tremendous game and is probably one of very few reasons the game even got to OT and people still Chastise him for losing the game in OT.

I'm out on that note before this thing gets brutal.

Go Ozzie - Go Howie - Go Wings.

#450 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

I honestly think the defense was as good as it could have been tonight.

The offense was terribly underwhelming, however. No idea why Franzen called for a pass through 3 King players. That was stupid.

yeah he forced lidstrom to make that pass

#451 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

knew there was no 2 points as soon as it went to OT.

So glad you are optimistic about the time.

I'll take 5 of 6 on a West Coast trip.

Stolberg: I'm not saying Lidstrom wasn't completely at fault (shouldn't have gone down so low) but not only did Franzen call for a horrible pass, but he also turned back into the offensive zone for a second while the Kings grabbed the puck.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 05 December 2010 - 01:10 AM.

• Ram likes this

Posted Image

#452 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Real tough break for Ozzie. Really didn't give up a bad goal in my eyes. Hate to say it, but un-Lidstrom like turnover by Nick there at the end. Oh well. It is what it is. Still got a point. LGW

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#453 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Oh well, 5-6 points from California is pretty good. We still only have 4 regulation losses, which is pretty incredible.

Even with the OT loss, Detroit still on pace for 120+ points this season.

#454 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

He did. For his first game back he played solid and made a handful of really big saves.

wow. OK - so he looked like a second string NHL goalie. Kudos - I expected the usual beer league goalie.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#455 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:10 AM

And thats why we don't play Ozzie :)
Saw that coming a mile away that play beats Ozzie every time.
Not like the offense or defense did anything to try to win it though
If you guys think .880 save percentage is good then sure he played great. Loss was coming in the shootout anyway
Rest up

#456 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,866 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

wow. OK - so he looked like a second string NHL goalie. Kudos - I expected the usual beer league goalie.

He's the backup goalie. After a long stretch he played a really solid game and made big saves and gave the team a chance to win. That's great.

Jesus you guys aref****** sad. Ozzy plays well and you still have to rip on him. It's pathetic.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 05 December 2010 - 01:11 AM.

#457 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

He's the backup goalie. After a long stretch he played a really solid game and made big saves and gave the team a chance to win. That's great.

Jesus you guys aref****** sad. Ozzy plays well and you still have to rip on him. It's pathetic.

Osgood was bad tonight. Allowing 3 goals in 64 minutes with his offense having to bail him out with a whopping 2 goals in unacceptable. Especially to a 4th line scrub like Kopitar.

Posted Image

#458 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,866 posts

And thats why we don't play Ozzie :)
Saw that coming a mile away that play beats Ozzie every time.
Not like the offense or defense did anything to try to win it though
If you guys think .880 save percentage is good then sure he played great. Loss was coming in the shootout anyway
Rest up

Using a stat to try to prove that he didn't play a great game only shows that you either didn't actually watch the game or you're an idiot.

#459 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

why did Osgood stand up ? If he just slid across it he would have stopped it. Oh well, played pretty solid anyways.

He does this every time a situation like that comes up. I remember quite a few times that play beating him. Oh well guess the hips aren't like they used to be to be able to slide over

#460 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

It's the life of a goalie in Detroit...

Your statement is correct. We can't expect perfection from him or Howard, but that won't stop everyone from doing it here.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011