• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffpaulson

Wings third jersey idea

Rate this topic

I love the wings jerseys of course but I was thinking a cool idea for a third jersey would kind of be like the canucks vintage jerseys they use sometimes... have the the real old small red wing with just the jersey numbers and maybe use black and white colors like you were looking at an old picture of gordie howe... idk about the colors just make it really vintage looking and it would be cool to see the wings not in red every once in a while...

I love the wings jerseys of course but I was thinking a cool idea for a third jersey would kind of be like the canucks vintage jerseys they use sometimes... have the the real old small red wing with just the jersey numbers and maybe use black and white colors like you were looking at an old picture of gordie howe... idk about the colors just make it really vintage looking and it would be cool to see the wings not in red every once in a while...

I was with you up until changing the colors.

I think if they had any plans to ever have a third, they would of used the winter classic jersey a fee more times by now. I think that was a great jersey and it only made two appearances.

Pretty much.

Why waste money on having someone design your third when you can use one that 99.99% of your fanbase loves and you already have designed?

Take off the Winter Classic patch a boom, instant third jersey, and an instant classic.

You could even have a fourth jersey and flip the red and white bands (and obviously lettering/numbering colors) if you wanted it to be home colors (as most thirds are).

If the URL is accurate, there are only 6 teams without 3rd jerseys, Detroit being one of them.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/2010-11.html

I typically like 3rd jerseys and the concept of them, and I generally do not like plain looking jerseys (which I do consider the Wings jersey), but their logo/coloring/concept just feels right with a simplistic look. I'm not going to say the jersey or logo or look is better than other jerseys, just the current concept and jersey look fit appropriately. Can't really explain why. Not any need to tinker with it.

I would say do this one with no nameplates and make it the white jersey

RedWings08.png

that would be classic

Thirds are (generally) home alternates, though, so it would have to be dark, and those are still too close to our current home/away.

Edited by Theophany

The winged wheel is the greatest logo in sports (Blackhawks is pretty sweet as well). I'm glad we don't have a 3rd jersey, the winged wheel is too classy to change.

As other teams (and our WC) jerseys have proved, you don't have to change the winged wheel in order to have a third.

Also, technically speaking, the gothic D is more "classic" than the winged wheel (since the Detroit Cougars used the gothic D in the first season of the org).

Just saying.

Guest mindfly

They wear the blue and gold during the Olympics.

That's about as close as you get to a Wings 3rd jersey.

What would the wings' be without it's precious swedes :cool:

Thirds are (generally) home alternates, though, so it would have to be dark, and those are still too close to our current home/away.

it wouldn't have to be a dark/why does it have to be a big departure from what we have?

Edited by jollymania

If the URL is accurate, there are only 6 teams without 3rd jerseys, Detroit being one of them.

I typically like 3rd jerseys and the concept of them, and I generally do not like plain looking jerseys (which I do consider the Wings jersey), but their logo/coloring/concept just feels right with a simplistic look. I'm not going to say the jersey or logo or look is better than other jerseys, just the current concept and jersey look fit appropriately. Can't really explain why. Not any need to tinker with it.

I thought the Wings and Devils were the only teams without a third jersey.

I don't think the wings should ever get 3rd jerseys. Frankly we don't need them. Our jerseys are classic and should be classic for years to come. Let teams who are desperate for fans get third jerseys so they can get people to come to their games.

Was the Islanders' fish sticks guy jersey last year? I don't see it.

I would say do this one with no nameplates and make it the white jersey

RedWings08.png

that would be classic

Either this one or the winter classic jersey, but I lean more towards the winter classic design. Its different enough from the traditional jersey, yet still very Red Wings.

I really don't like the third jersey program myself. It just seems like a total money grab, no real thought goes into the design of any of them, and most come out hideous.