• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

Was the Islanders' fish sticks guy jersey last year? I don't see it.

This fish sticks guy?
Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#22 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

I would say do this one with no nameplates and make it the white jersey
Posted Image

that would be classic

Either this one or the winter classic jersey, but I lean more towards the winter classic design. Its different enough from the traditional jersey, yet still very Red Wings.

I really don't like the third jersey program myself. It just seems like a total money grab, no real thought goes into the design of any of them, and most come out hideous.

#23 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

I'm a fan of the Wings' current third jersey.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#24 ScubaV

ScubaV

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

The Winter Classic jersey would make a great 3rd jersey. I'm not a big fan of tradition just for the sake of tradition. A 3rd jersey that's also classic in appearance would be perfect.

#25 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

What would the wings' be without it's precious swedes :cool:

They'd probably fight more without them. :ph34r:

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

I really don't like the third jersey program myself. It just seems like a total money grab, no real thought goes into the design of any of them, and most come out hideous.

It is a money grab. They even change their unnecessary third jerseys every year. If the Wings had to have one it should be the Winter Classic. Even that, though, I'd rather preserve only for future Winter Classic appearances.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

I don't really get the "traditionalist" argument. Nobody is we make permanent changes to our regular jerseys.

I think it would be cool if they wore the winter classic jersey a few times a year. Maybe during Sunday home games, kind of like what the Lakers do with their white jerseys. I just checked the wings schedule and they play 6 Sunday home games, which I think would be a good amount to wear a third jersey.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: